Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

what is your camera

mmm606

This trip I just use my new phone: Oppo Reno 8 Pro, so much lighter and easier to carry than my Nikon Coolpix P900!

I do miss a good optical zoom though, but night shots are great with Oppo´s MariSilicon X NPU! 😉

IMG20230124201959b.thumb.jpg.adc1e10e094545d0f64276fb02da9c2f.jpg

When no money... she no give honey! 

I use a Gopro 8 for action stuff, mostly as the main camera. Audio is bad, so I'm getting a media mod with a 3.5mm slot. 

For vlogs, I use a Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 and some cheap but effective mics.

Going to Pattaya next week and for photos, I'm bringing a Canon 700d. Bought a 50mm 1.8 prime lens for portraits. Will get a tripod in Pattaya and probably replace the LCD at the back. 

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

• 2 months later...

Canon Rebel T5 and T7.  70-200mm lens. 50mm lens 35mm lens.  Video.... Go pro hero 6 and 8 

T5 and T7 are sub $450. Gopros are sub $300.  Lenses.... From 1k to 150 

A Nikon D600 since 2013.

It's time for a new but they're so f-ing expensive now.

I'm thinking Sony aps-c the one to be released this summer with a Sigma 18-50/2.8
I need it smale and lighter (also cheaper)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a Canon 5D Mark IV with my 24-105mm lens that I can use for all occasions in Thailand.

But when I come only in Pattaya for holiday I leave it at home...

Had  Panasonic lx100 sold it used to mpb for 50% of what I bought it for over five years later, gh6 was a disappointment waiting for the 1st affordable 8k cam. Have a bunch of nissan f mount lenses too but FA chance Nikon will be first with cheap 8k.

The wife and I are heading out there later this summer, so I wanted a new camera.  I didn't want to haul all the equipment and lenses around for a DSLR, nor do I think my picture-taking skills are up to spending an amount on a camera I could spend on a used car, so I bought one of these:

image.png

A Panasonic Lumix Z200D.  Solidly built, gets good reviews.  At the extreme large end of "pocket-sized".  So many features and modes that it comes with TWO books.  Just getting familiar with it, takes nice pictures.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BK2Q7CMN

• Like 2

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

On 28/06/2023 at 18:04, Bruce Mangosteen said:

The wife and I are heading out there later this summer, so I wanted a new camera.  I didn't want to haul all the equipment and lenses around for a DSLR, nor do I think my picture-taking skills are up to spending an amount on a camera I could spend on a used car, so I bought one of these:

image.png

A Panasonic Lumix Z200D.  Solidly built, gets good reviews.  At the extreme large end of "pocket-sized".  So many features and modes that it comes with TWO books.  Just getting familiar with it, takes nice pictures.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BK2Q7CMN

I have the same camera for the same reasons as yourself. Works well for my needs.

• Like 1

My X-S20 is ariving in next week.
It's replacing my Nikon DSLR that's to much hassel to bring along.

1 hour ago, ElSueco said:

My X-S20 is ariving in next week.
It's replacing my Nikon DSLR that's to much hassel to bring along.

I fancy these too but had an older Fuji mirror less that sucked. I was a big fan of the f30 and f45 though.

Sony Nex-5 for tourist-mode street photography. Nikon D3 for everything else.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With how amazing iPhone cameras are nowadays I really haven't taken any pictures on my SLR in years. It's just too much of a hassle to carry around another camera. Unless you're doing serious telephoto work, it's not worth it for me anymore 

• 2 months later...

On the streets of Pattaya will rely on my iphone 13Promax for general pix.  Planning to  buy a older model either iphone or Galaxy for more private pix and phone calls in Thailand. Should be good enough to take Proof of Life shots of me in Pattaya and later BKK for my TF and Line profiles.  

I'm bringing a Canon R50 with only one lens (50mm f/1.8) for taking photos and short videos while touring different towns up to Chiang Mai.  Thinking of also using the R50 if I can get some hotel room shots of 'guests'.  The R50 is relatively compact for travel but I got a Peak Design wrist strap for retention since it's smaller size grip area is a PIA to hold on to.  I'm just buying a cheap LED light for extra lighting in the room and a small tripod.  Hope the camera shop at Tukcom has LP-E17 batts for better prices than in the U.S.

canon_eos_r50_with_rf_s_1748812.jpg

Edited by Krane
correction

Just upgraded my camera to a mirrorless Nikon Zf, and also bought a Nikkor Z 24-200 mm zoom lense, that I will try out in Thailand next trip! 🙂

Latest tech on the inside, and a retro classic look on the outside! ☺️

IMG20231115144445b.thumb.jpg.31413567c6ddd4d9533ef49e0e3197cf.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, plahgat said:

Just upgraded my camera to a mirrorless Nikon Zf, and also bought a Nikkor Z 24-200 mm zoom lense, that I will try out in Thailand next trip! 🙂

Latest tech on the inside, and a retro classic look on the outside! ☺️

IMG20231115144445b.thumb.jpg.31413567c6ddd4d9533ef49e0e3197cf.jpg

Like the camera and lens. Sadly that would represent an investment of about five years of ST's for me. :Cheers9:

My DSLR is the Nikon D7200.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_D7200

I shall be offering it for sale after I return from a bike trip in a week or so, along with lenses and lots of other paraphernalia......low shutter count.

No idea of price yet....the Nikon guy in TukCom said he'll make me an offer but no doubt it will be low.
I'll post pics in Items For Sale later.

For those that live here, do you keep your camera equipment in a dry box? It's something I started doing a few years back as I was worried about the damage heat and humidity can do over the long term here.

And if anyone's interested, I have have a 30L dry box that I replaced after a few months with a 70L version. This is the link to the 30L box I bought on Lazada. New it lists for 1,990B. Will sell the one I used for only a couple months for 1,200B (firm on that price).

If interested shoot me a PM.

Edited by forcebwithu

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Like the camera and lens. Sadly that would represent an investment of about five years of ST's for me. :Cheers9:

Yeah, it didn´t come cheap at about 2600 Euros for the camera body, and the zoom lense about 940 Euros.

I also bought a Nikkor Z 50 mm Macro lense at 518 Euros and a SB-500 speedlite at about 217 Euros.

I did have to dig deep into my savings though, and my next trip will be a short one of only 45 days instead of my usual 3-5 months! 🥹

I did sell my old Nikon D5500 and 4 lenses to MPB.com as well and got 625 Euros! 😉

Edited by plahgat
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Current equipment:
Nikon P7100
Nikon D7100 (along with 4 lenses)
dji Pocket 2
Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 M5

Next trip will only be 18 days, so I will only take the Pocket 2 and the small Sony. 

Edited by Hqie3wrq