IGNORED

what is your camera

mmm606

1. Oly E520 x 2 (complete underwater housing kit with 24"boom arms and strobes)

2. Oly E30 (complete suite of lenses from 7mm to 400mm)

3. Nik D800 (50mm Zeiss F/2 Macro, 100mm Zeiss F/2 Macro, Nikon 24-120mm, Nikon 50mm F/1.8)

4. Can 5D MkII (85mm F/1.2, 16-35mm)

Makes me sick to think about it....  LOL

1. Oly E520 x 2 (complete underwater housing kit with 24"boom arms and strobes)

2. Oly E30 (complete suite of lenses from 7mm to 400mm)

3. Nik D800 (50mm Zeiss F/2 Macro, 100mm Zeiss F/2 Macro, Nikon 24-120mm, Nikon 50mm F/1.8)

4. Can 5D MkII (85mm F/1.2, 16-35mm)

Makes me sick to think about it....  LOL

Hi APS,

Whats your verdict on the Canon 85mm f/1.2? Worth the money?

Cheers, mb

Hi APS,

Whats your verdict on the Canon 85mm f/1.2? Worth the money?

Cheers, mb

Yes, Definitely worth the coin.  However, there are very very few uses for F/1.2   If you are wanting a well built lens, this lens will not disappoint.  It is very very sharp and very comparable to the Zeiss lenses in terms of sharpness.  It is used mostly in Studio as a portrait lens.  The bokeh produced from this lens is stunning and very very smooth.  The weight of the lens is almost 1kg.

Any opinions on the nikon p510 versus the canon 1100d? I am struggling with the choice

A girl I will be photographing later this week has just bought a 1100D Canon.  I will have a play with it during the day and give you my opinions on it afterwards.  watch this space...  :)

Any opinions on the nikon p510 versus the canon 1100d? I am struggling with the choice

They are two different styles of camera. What are you most interested in doing with it? The Canon is more flexible as you can attach different lens. That is not an option on the Nikon. The other thing that sticks out for me is the sensor sizes. The Nikon's is very small  (6.2x4.6mm v 22.2x14.7mm) meaning more noise. The Nikon appears to be a very fancy point and shoot with a lens with lots of zoom range.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

They are two different styles of camera. What are you most interested in doing with it? The Canon is more flexible as you can attach different lens. That is not an option on the Nikon. The other thing that sticks out for me is the sensor sizes. The Nikon's is very small (6.2x4.6mm v 22.2x14.7mm) meaning more noise. The Nikon appears to be a very fancy point and shoot with a lens with lots of zoom range.

I like the zoom on the 510 but it appears to be hard to hold steady at full extension. I really just want an all round camera with viewfinder and a decent zoom.

Yes, Definitely worth the coin.  However, there are very very few uses for F/1.2   If you are wanting a well built lens, this lens will not disappoint.  It is very very sharp and very comparable to the Zeiss lenses in terms of sharpness.  It is used mostly in Studio as a portrait lens.  The bokeh produced from this lens is stunning and very very smooth.  The weight of the lens is almost 1kg.

Thanks APS,

I am getting into portrait shots now...smiley Thai faces....but will use my canon 100mm f/2.8 macro to start with and see how that goes. I am told it would be fine. One reason i was looking at the 85mm f/1.2, was told it is the perfect lens for portraits and i have been doing a lot of very low light shots....Erawan falls in the very early morning and some Cave shots....it will be sitting on a 5D mark II.

Hi Alan, i think what ever Camera you choose out of these two will give you great results...you just have to ask yourself....are you Nikon or Canon...?

Thanks APS,

I am getting into portrait shots now...smiley Thai faces....but will use my canon 100mm f/2.8 macro to start with and see how that goes. I am told it would be fine. One reason i was looking at the 85mm f/1.2, was told it is the perfect lens for portraits and i have been doing a lot of very low light shots....Erawan falls in the very early morning and some cave shots....it will be sitting on a 5D mark II.

The canon 100 F2.8 will be more than sufficient for that use. You should run some tests on the lens to know where your infinity focal length starts. Will help determine what is the minimum distance the subject needs to be away from you to achieve the best bokeh. If the get too far away, the will lens will start getting into the infinity focus range and the bokeh will not be as strong.

• 7 months later...

Just seen the new SL1000 wow 50x zoom and great specs

With an effective focal length of 1200mm and a maximum F ratio of 6.5 you had better have steady hands using it at full zoom....:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I just bought a HTC One smartpohne, debating if I need an actual camera or if my phone will be fine.. ill be on a budget and wouldnt want to spend over $200 on a camera, so dont know if its even worth buying one at such low quality.  Any opinions?  HTC One is one of the best phones on market right now, video/photo look pretty darn good.

I am using a 2008 Lumix TZ5 (10 mega pix and 10 x zoom) and it does everything i need to photograph Thai girls and zoom into some scenes (Samples supplied on request.)

The nearest model now seems to be the Lumix TZ25 (12 mega pix and 16 x zoom)

Lumix TZ25.jpg

Edited by Billyboy294

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I just bought a HTC One smartpohne, debating if I need an actual camera or if my phone will be fine.. ill be on a budget and wouldnt want to spend over $200 on a camera, so dont know if its even worth buying one at such low quality. Any opinions? HTC One is one of the best phones on market right now, video/photo look pretty darn good.

My good camera is a Nikon D300s. Most of my day to day shots are taken with a Samsung S2 because that's the camera I have with me. For day to day stuff IMO a smartphone is just fine.

From early reports, it looks like the Apple iPhone 5 will be an exceptional smartphone camera. (Not that I plan on changing from my Samsung.)

sent from my electronic leash.

Whistler Wireless Inspection Camera borescope, with 3 foot waterproof lighted probe. :10:

Around $150 in the USA

Good for pics of the girls' "inner beauty" :Dance1:

555 you dirty fucker....

My trusty old 350D with a variety of lenses, Feiteng S4 copy - 12.5mpxl and 1080p video - not bad but has a little noise, good enough for PA posts.

Looking at a 7D body maybe....  but the new motorbike will probably take preference.

Edited by cuzzy
Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

Canon 450d with tamron 17-55 & canon 55-250 lenses.

Will buy a underwater camera so I can use it during my trip during songkran (water festival)

• 2 weeks later...

hi there

I really enjoy my photography and have downsized over the years from SLR's to compacts.

Currently i have an old Canon G12, not used since I bought a Sony RX100. This is a super nice camera and thoroughly recommended given the ability to use the manual settings.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Body: Nikon D3100

Lenses: Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 35mm f/1.8g, Nikon Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8g and Nikon Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6g

Speedlight: Yongnuo YN-565EX

Flash Triggers: 2 x Yongnuo YN-622N

Light Stand: LumoPro LP605

Umbrella: LumoPro LP735 Compact 3-in-1 109 cm/43 inch

Camera Bag: Lowepro Slingshot 102 AW

Light Stand Bag: Standbagger Grab 'n Go - Model 6

Most of the strobist gear has been purchased recently and I can't wait to put it in action.

Edited by AuxiliaryExit

I bought a Panasonic Lumix TZ40 a few weeks back and i'm very impressed. A great camera for something so compact. £229 out of PC World.

I have a Nikon D300 fitted with a AF-S Vr Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 G lens and a Canon SX230hs compact travel camera. The Nikon takes great shots, but honestly you can't beat the Canon pocket rocket for walking into a bar and snapping pictures of the girls. It really breaks the ice. When I win the next power ball lottery, I plan to buy the Nikon D800E and slap a AF-S Nikkor 85mmf/1.4 G on it. 

Edited by gogul

I bought a Panasonic Lumix TZ40 a few weeks back and i'm very impressed. A great camera for something so compact. £229 out of PC World.

There is a less features one called the TZ30. TZ40 without the fancy stuff and presumably cheaper.

I fancy the TZ25 but not sure if available now. (see my post #141). Presently have TZ5 and it is a well built camera and easy to use.

Edited by Billyboy294

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.