Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jolly Friar

I popped in for my usual fare last weekend & the only thing that struck me was the new menu,half of which is in Russian. My fat chips were delicious as usual as was my fat-boy, now renamed 'battered', sausage; shame the new owner seems like a tit & I almost choked when I got the bill.

a TIT ? and u payed 20 bart more for your chips so if u choked on that then u really have problems as for the Russian menu well when u get 30% of your customers in high season ,would you suppose u need one ?

Life begins at 40 ...

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No pompen and what's Guiness with only one 'n' about dellboy? :hello09:

u got me there !!! see u all in sept !

regards

guin n ess !!

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

BTW , i tuned in today to see how the shit stirring was progressing !

im booked into china carden in sept, does ian still own / run this guesthouse ??

a TIT ? and u payed 20 bart more for your chips so if u choked on that then u really have problems as for the Russian menu well when u get 30% of your customers in high season ,would you suppose u need one ?

popcorn.gif

Wind you up lol.

You're like a Rolex watch. :Think1:

Haven't been in for a while. I'm saving up.

Can't say I've seen any Russians in there though. :SoWhat1:

You tit lol schoolboy humour

You tit lol schoolboy humour

Aye .. as for the China garden im not sure if ian has sold it or not last i heard it was being sold ..........

Life begins at 40 ...

thanks tim for the info, now can we all hurry back to the popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

• 2 weeks later...

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

BTW , i tuned in today to see how the shit stirring was progressing !

im booked into china carden in sept, does ian still own / run this guesthouse ??

popcorn.gif

I still own the China Garden

cheers,

ian

• 2 weeks later...

i went to jolly friar in april. bloody lovely but seriously the portions a radiculously massive. looked like id hardly touched it and was full to the top hahaha

Hope alls well at the JF my regular on a friday nt whilst there up until May this year, as usually had the Dory and small chips which were great value and always well cooked although sometimes then wedges were soggy, can you make them smaller and fry them bit longer, easy answer??

I know sometimes a change of management isnt easy for staff or customers as they dont like to see much in the way of changes, as this place was packed out most evenings, so "if it aint broke dont try to fix it".

I did have a go at the bottled water prices a while back when Ian was in charge and he adjusted it accordingly as thought 35bt for a small bottle of water is a bit strong and was put down to 20 or 25bt, blimey you can buy at 7-11 for 9bt similar small sized bottle? Plus your in a CC area as Edge had mentioned earlier.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

................. Dory and small chips.........

I did have a go at the bottled water prices a while back when Ian was in charge and he adjusted it accordingly as thought 35bt for a small bottle of water is a bit strong and was put down to 20 or 25bt, blimey you can buy at 7-11 for 9bt similar small sized bottle? Plus your in a CC area as Edge had mentioned earlier.

AFAIK the water is still an exorbitant 35 Baht?

The small option went almost straight away, putting 20 Baht on the price of what was my usual meal.

i understand about your concerns about water but in the context of the whole meal its in with our pricing . its a 500ml bottle of water which you can share between to people as we supply glass's and ice . the pricing is the same in all our restaurants.

Life begins at 40 ...

i have tried to keep the prices low for low season in a few of our restaurants, you will be seeing price increases of around 15% in the coming months due to the small margins we have so when prices go up we have to reflect that in our prices. not in the jolly so much as fish has remained the same price . but steak and pork have increased by 10-20% in the last year . Thailand is not as cheap as it once was .

Life begins at 40 ...

The best chips and curry sauce in pattaya,,,,,,, .i had the fries once for a change but thought they were a bit bland,just my opinion,,,, doesnt bother me though as the thick chips are great ,,,, ffs,,,, people complaining about 20 baht increase,,,lol, why dont you have a free meal day tim to keep all the cheap charlies happy,,,,, ,,,, still the best in pattaya and beats gooses by a mile,,,,,

The best chips and curry sauce in pattaya,,,,,,, .i had the fries once for a change but thought they were a bit bland,just my opinion,,,, doesnt bother me though as the thick chips are great ,,,, ffs,,,, people complaining about 20 baht increase,,,lol, why dont you have a free meal day tim to keep all the cheap charlies happy,,,,, ,,,, still the best in pattaya and beats gooses by a mile,,,,,

thanks for the support . i know people enjoy the fish and chips as we are rammed every day . but i like to keep prices low as i know alot of our regulars are on a tight budget . but i cannot work for free . so i keep the prices tight ....

Life begins at 40 ...

The small option went almost straight away, putting 20 Baht on the price of what was my usual meal.

water has been 35 b for 1 year and more ive not put it up ......

Life begins at 40 ...

i understand about your concerns about water but in the context of the whole meal its in with our pricing . its a 500ml bottle of water which you can share between to people as we supply glass's and ice . the pricing is the same in all our restaurants.

water has been 35 b for 1 year and more ive not put it up ......

I know, 35 Baht since it opened I think - something to do with the former owner of Le Katai taking a rake off from every drink sold?.

I don't use any of your other restaurants and sharing a small (500 ml) water really would be CC na?.

Seaside Restaurant Soi 7 are able to provide the same bottle of water, with glass and ice, for 15 Baht.

,,,, ffs,,,, people complaining about 20 baht increase,,,lol, why dont you have a free meal day tim to keep all the cheap charlies happy,,,,, ,,,, .....,

I don't need a free meal thanks, but Cod & Chips & Mushy Peas & Water at 330 Baht is not exactly cheap is it, especially in the Soi Buakhao zone?

At Seaside Restaurant Soi 7 I can get eg. a good portion of Roast Beef & Gravy & Roast/Mashed Potatoes & 3 other Veg & Water for 185 Baht.

Big portions, could not eat all of mine, good thou

True, I've never been able to eat all of my fish and chips there, even in my chubby days lol

True, I've never been able to eat all of my fish and chips there, even in my chubby days lol

The answer used to be to order the small portion of chips, but that's no longer an option.

The Cod portion is about standard size for UK IME.

I don't like Dory, so it's Cod or Halibut, but at 330 Baht for the meal it's too expensive to have very often unless you're on holiday.

"Rammed" lol - must be all those Russians. :hello09:

Still not bad value though for the meal.

Just back from the local M&S food store and a ready meal of cod n chips was £2 and if you want haddock n chips £2.29.

So not too bad to have it cooked for you and then served and dine in an air-con restaurant there.

The CC brigade will have to accept that prices are going up in Thailand and worldwide and your not going to get cheap farang food for much longer.

Still think the bottle water is steep though? :hello09:

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

The answer used to be to order the small portion of chips, but that's no longer an option.

The Cod portion is about standard size for UK IME.

I don't like Dory, so it's Cod or Halibut, but at 330 Baht for the meal it's too expensive to have very often unless you're on holiday.

Fully agree. Used to visit quite often but give it a miss now.

No matter where you go, there you are....

ok please tell me where you can get Atlantic cod less ? i know what it costs me for a kg of cod and im not making a great deal on it !

as for liking it to a Roast Beef & Gravy & Roast/Mashed Potatoes & 3 other Veg for 185b are you for real edge ?

if i had more tight fuckers like you in my restaurants i to would also be scratching round the whole of Pattaya for a cheap meal

i hear u can get fried rice and water at 7-11 for around 40b and you get a free Spoon !!!!!!!!!

Life begins at 40 ...

This thread is very funny

Tim and edge u guys a really mates yeah ?

If not you should be

I recon u would be BFF 's (best friends forever)

On a side note I will pop in for a feed in November mate

ok please tell me where you can get Atlantic cod less ? i know what it costs me for a kg of cod and im not making a great deal on it !

as for liking it to a Roast Beef & Gravy & Roast/Mashed Potatoes & 3 other Veg for 185b are you for real edge ?

if i had more tight fuckers like you in my restaurants i to would also be scratching round the whole of Pattaya for a cheap meal

i hear u can get fried rice and water at 7-11 for around 40b and you get a free Spoon !!!!!!!!!

:LOL2: you still haven't been on that customer relations course have you?

It's not my problem what you have to pay for Cod or anything else and I never said that I could buy Cod cheaper anywhere else.

Cod is not a necessity to me, I don't need to eat it, but I do know what it cost last time it was available at Makro and Ian explained the pricing at length subsequently..

In fact, can you even tell me where I questioned or criticised the price of Cod at 200 Baht?

Yes, I am real, as Seaside Restaurant and others could verify.

What is wrong with comparing it with another example of a meal I enjoy just as much i.e Roast Beef (forgot to mention including Yorkshire Pudding too) which costs considerably less.

Another one I like at Seaside Restaurant is their Fillet Steak Mignon with (good) Chips, Peas and Salad & Water for 205 Baht.

Would you like more examples?

As for what you can get rice for at 7-11 I've no idea, though I do know you can get the bottles of water you sell for 35 Baht for 7 Baht.

Your product is good and at 310 Baht for my usual order I was a regular customer (albeit pissed off at the price of your water).

At 330 Baht I am not. I think it's called principle. You choose to ramp up the price of chips and I choose not to buy them. Simple.

Make of that what you will, but I pass there very often and to say that you're "rammed every day" with customers is just ridiculous. :Think1:

Archived