Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jolly Friar

well nothings changed since you been 30 times so u must have got a cook on a bad day ..

only things that we have changed is 20b on chips

if you want chicken and chips try our other restaurant the Devonshire on a monday we do a half roast chicken with chips and peas for 149 or 169 any other day1-Monday.jpg

Lol after the shite chicken meal I had at jf

You think i am going to waste my baht again at another of your restaurants?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well nothings changed since you been 30 times so u must have got a cook on a bad day ..

only things that we have changed is 20b on chips

if you want chicken and chips try our other restaurant the Devonshire on a monday we do a half roast chicken with chips and peas for 149 or 169 any other day1-Monday.jpg

To tell a customer that they should go eat at a different place because they weren't happy with the dish at the Jolly Friar

is simply crappy customer service, and a mistake in how to handle the business.

You should be making sure *every* dish is good, in *every* establishment. If you can't prepare a dish properly, don't

serve it. Don't tell a customer you went to the wrong place.

Read the writing on the wall here. You're getting a running series of complaints, many from previously happy *repeat*

customers. You have a problem with your places, and it's up to you to fix them before you destroy whatever reputation you

still have left.

To tell a customer that they should go eat at a different place because they weren't happy with the dish at the Jolly Friar

is simply crappy customer service, and a mistake in how to handle the business.

You should be making sure *every* dish is good, in *every* establishment. If you can't prepare a dish properly, don't

serve it. Don't tell a customer you went to the wrong place.

Read the writing on the wall here. You're getting a running series of complaints, many from previously happy *repeat*

customers. You have a problem with your places, and it's up to you to fix them before you destroy whatever reputation you

still have left.

i only suggested to try the devonshire where we do 30-50 chicken meals on a Monday . yes the chicken and chips was different to the one served in the jolly as they where buying chickens from a different market ... they are not now so i would say its a better meal now due to this complaint . but judging the same restaurants by one poor meal is a bit stupid .

i talk to my customers every day and i hardly ever have a problem .... what i suppose i should think people would not post unless they had a problem . but here is a new one for you you might have heard of it before .....if you are not happy with open your mouth and complain easy as ...........it will get sorted 100%

and who r u to tell me me how to run a fucking business . there is no writing on the wall . i serve 100 meals a day in jolly and same in all our other restaurants all cooked to a top standard and has been doing the same for nearly a year in Devonshire and 2 months in jolly and lonestar . yes i will listen to complaints by customers and i will try to rectify them . but when tossers like you start telling me how to run a business i draw the line !

Life begins at 40 ...

.........................judging the same restaurants by one poor meal is a bit stupid .

.............................. who r u to tell me me how to run a fucking business . ..................................... when tossers like you start telling me how to run a business i draw the line !

Now, about those Anger Management and Customer Relations courses......................................... :LOL2:

when tossers like you start telling me how to run a business i draw the line.......

you lucky you have any customs at all speaking to them like that....

come back Ian !!

Dayo...

jolly friar will be my first meal in my next trip....I had the best fish and chips in pig & whistle so far...I hope jolly friar will be better

when tossers like you start telling me how to run a business i draw the line.......

you lucky you have any customs at all speaking to them like that....

come back Ian !!

every one else seems to speak there mind on here . some idiot trys to tell me how to run my business i draw the line..its as if people think i run a business sat on my ass on the beach all day ... i work 14 hours a day running my restaurants along with 2 other people . lucky i have any customers ? why would that be ? because one person on here talks like a knob ? really

come back ian ......the fact ians not been in town for 6 months due to other commitments in china and uk ..is the main reason he sold . like i said any complaints i hope to deal with in a orderly manner .

Life begins at 40 ...

At what point did I use any foul or rude language?

Nowhere.

At what point have I offered anything other than straightforward comments based on existing issues in this thread?

Nowhere.

At what point have I insulted you personally?

Nowhere.

I pointed out that existing, repeat customers were having issues, and you seem to be handling it in a more

offhand manner than is wise to show good customer service. Your repeat customers are the ones who will

talk up your place the most to other potential customers, and often times actively bring them in for meals.

You want to show them the best face at all times. Showing your best face includes making sure things are

corrected to the customer's satisfaction when the occasional issue crops up (within reason, of course).

Part of the reason you are getting jumped on with such "enthusiasm" is the defensive way you are reacting

to customer complaints. If you acknowledge the complaint, apologise, and then state how you plan on fixing

the issue you will have a much better reaction in general. Yes there will be the occasional ridiculous or

over the top complaint, but that's just part of dealing with the general public. Getting angry or defensive just

adds fuel to the fire of customer discontent.

As far as who I am, I'm someone who has worked in a customer service oriented business for over 20 years,

both in a a retail sales environment as well as a managerial role. I'm also on the Board of Directors for an

organization that holds an annual event that draws over 100,000 people to it every year. I think I'm qualified

to have an opinion on what proper customer service is, and how one goes about providing it to customers.

Good value if u ask me......just round the cornere from where i live so its ideal.....as long as they have the cod though

Don't get me wrong, I plan on checking out both the Jolly Friar and the Lone Star when I'm in town next. I've heard far too much on the plus side to write them off just yet...

This statement is not truth

who r u to tell me me how to run a fucking business . there is no writing on the wall . i serve 100 meals a day in jolly and same in all our other restaurants all cooked to a top standard

All your meals are not cooked to a high standard

The last 2 meals i eat at the jf were 100% shite

The quality of your meals in jf has deffo dropped

Check your takings in 3-4 months you will see your takings drop as well deffo 100%

This statement is not truth

who r u to tell me me how to run a fucking business . there is no writing on the wall . i serve 100 meals a day in jolly and same in all our other restaurants all cooked to a top standard

All your meals are not cooked to a high standard

The last 2 meals i eat at the jf were 100% shite

The quality of your meals in jf has deffo dropped

Check your takings in 3-4 months you will see your takings drop as well deffo 100%

how can the quality drop in the last to months ? its the same cooks as has been for the last 2 odd years and the same staff ... jolly is the only one of our three restaurants i have not had to make any major changes .. i had cod in breadcrumbs chips and peas tonight was as good as any where i have had in asia ....

i have been attending the restaurant for the last 3 days for many hours and i have only had one complaint and that was about the service .... if you would like to tell me what was 100% shite about your meal maybe i can help . instead of just stating it was shite ............ and takings are in line with any restaurant low season .......... still busy !

Life begins at 40 ...

At what point did I use any foul or rude language?

Nowhere.

At what point have I offered anything other than straightforward comments based on existing issues in this thread?

Nowhere.

At what point have I insulted you personally?

Nowhere.

I pointed out that existing, repeat customers were having issues, and you seem to be handling it in a more

offhand manner than is wise to show good customer service. Your repeat customers are the ones who will

talk up your place the most to other potential customers, and often times actively bring them in for meals.

You want to show them the best face at all times. Showing your best face includes making sure things are

corrected to the customer's satisfaction when the occasional issue crops up (within reason, of course).

Part of the reason you are getting jumped on with such "enthusiasm" is the defensive way you are reacting

to customer complaints. If you acknowledge the complaint, apologise, and then state how you plan on fixing

the issue you will have a much better reaction in general. Yes there will be the occasional ridiculous or

over the top complaint, but that's just part of dealing with the general public. Getting angry or defensive just

adds fuel to the fire of customer discontent.

As far as who I am, I'm someone who has worked in a customer service oriented business for over 20 years,

both in a a retail sales environment as well as a managerial role. I'm also on the Board of Directors for an

organization that holds an annual event that draws over 100,000 people to it every year. I think I'm qualified

to have an opinion on what proper customer service is, and how one goes about providing it to customers.

get a life and get out more i'm to busy to argue. i dont tell u how to run your business so dont tell me how to run mine ...

Life begins at 40 ...

how can the quality drop in the last to months ? its the same cooks as has been for the last 2 odd years and the same staff ... jolly is the only one of our three restaurants i have not had to make any major changes .. i had cod in breadcrumbs chips and peas tonight was as good as any where i have had in asia ....

i have been attending the restaurant for the last 3 days for many hours and i have only had one complaint and that was about the service .... if you would like to tell me what was 100% shite about your meal maybe i can help . instead of just stating it was shite ............ and takings are in line with any restaurant low season .......... still busy !

I have already left a review of the last 2 meals I had in the jf in this thread

Advising why shite in detail

I think some of you guys need to put yourself in the owners shoes. Its just to easy now a days for someone to have one bad meal and want to get all over the internet with it. Food for example, is something very personal. Meaning everyone has different tastes. I commend Jolly Friar for even taking the time to reply to posts.

timestamp='[/color]1343251643' post='1782554']

I think some of you guys need to put yourself in the owners shoes. Its just to easy now a days for someone to have one bad meal and want to get all over the internet with it. Food for example, is something very personal. Meaning everyone has different tastes. I commend Jolly Friar for even taking the time to reply to posts.

so true . that's why in the other two restaurants i do a special of the day so the thai cooks can learn to get it right every time ....

thing is with Thai cooking and thai people in general is u ask them to do it one way then 2 days later they do it there way ..... like last night i went in jolly we have been serving mushy peas for 2 odd years same way, i had them and they where dry not mushy i ask why and they just laughed and said sorry ...boss ....even the thai manager never picked up on it and she served me . that is what we as falangs in there country are up against .... some times people forget we are in Asia not on the sea front at Grimsby . i ask my staff to smile be pleasant and always listen to the customer ... he is always right ... so if you get a SHIT MEAL as one person kindly put it, complain it will get sorted or ask for me ill sort it for sure .

Life begins at 40 ...

Been to JF a few times, both with falangs and thai girls.

Good food always!

CXNID=1000015.12NXC.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Halibut in breadcrumbs last night, and it was lovely ! Almost too big !!

i tried looking for the smiley of the guy eating the popcorn, anyone able to provide it please insert it here _________________

thanks !! :Think1::GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

i tried looking for the smiley of the guy eating the popcorn, anyone able to provide it please insert it here __ :BJ1: _______________

close >?

Life begins at 40 ...

i tried looking for the smiley of the guy eating the popcorn, anyone able to provide it please insert it here _________________

Any good? popcorn.gif

Or maybe................9e414d9f.gif

I popped in for my usual fare last weekend & the only thing that struck me was the new menu,half of which is in Russian. My fat chips were delicious as usual as was my fat-boy, now renamed 'battered', sausage; shame the new owner seems like a tit & I almost choked when I got the bill.

sgu_banner.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

thanks (living by the edge) , thanks thats the one that i wanted ,,,,by the way you are a shit stirrer !! :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

thanks (living by the edge) , thanks thats the one that i wanted ,,,,by the way you are a shit stirrer !! :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

No pompen and what's Guiness with only one 'n' about dellboy? :hello09:

Archived