Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jolly Friar

Sorry;Newbie Question here.....Where is the Jolly Friar? I will be staying in soi 10 in Feb/March and love a good fish and chips!!

We are based in Soi Lengkee, just off Soi Baukaw and very close to LK Metro.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have ate there once after reading reviews. The cod was ok nothing fantastic but i didn't like the chips tasted too sweet but that was the potatoes which i suppose you can't control. Staff were a bit ignorant. To be fair even here in England there are not many good fish and chip places.

I have ate there once after reading reviews. The cod was ok nothing fantastic but i didn't like the chips tasted too sweet but that was the potatoes which i suppose you can't control. Staff were a bit ignorant. To be fair even here in England there are not many good fish and chip places.

Thanks for the feedback, I will keep an eye on the staffs attidute, this is the land of smiles and thats what we all expect when we are here! The potatoes are a little sweet for some tastes and spot on for others, as you point out there is not too much choice, we do offer french fries or mashed potatoes as an alternative.

thanks

ian

Tartar sauce with mine the other day. TGF had never tasted anything like it before. :)

There is also salt, vinegar, heinz 57 etc on the table

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

What does the fish and chips include? Is there tartar sauce or mayonnaise included?

Yes Tartar sauce, vinegar, salt, ketchup etc. Mayo on request!

• 2 weeks later...

We also opened a new branch of the Jolly Friar in Jomtein !! Near the Beach ... close to 7-11 on the corner

Excellent news ... will make a point of eating there, next time I'm in-town.

been there a few times. good food with great portions at a reasonable price

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

• 1 month later...

What's the deal with having no small dory fish for 60bht, only large for 100bht. If its a way of putting through a price rise, just be honest about it.

Also, all your prices need updating on the website, plus you are still advertising buy 10 meals get one free, which was withdrawn 3 months ago..

What's the deal with having no small dory fish for 60bht, only large for 100bht. If its a way of putting through a price rise, just be honest about it.

Also, all your prices need updating on the website, plus you are still advertising buy 10 meals get one free, which was withdrawn 3 months ago..

Yes they have stopped the small fish in Soi Lengkee but it's still available in Jomtien. Why not in Pattaya ?

Yes I noticed that on my last couple of visits. I had the large dory and it was good, but the 100 Bt fish & chips has finished. I last ate there about 5 nights ago. Went there just after 6PM and I was the only customer, as I finished my meal 2 other guys arrived. But I remember up until a couple of weeks go you couldn't find a seat around 6PM.

Yes they have stopped the small fish in Soi Lengkee but it's still available in Jomtien. Why not in Pattaya ?

OMG, a website in thailand a bit out of date.......and some items not available....also shocking.....

clearly there is a conspiracy to cheat the pattaya customers.....

i'll be eating there next weekend when i head down to Patts.....but I'll be enjoying the Cod, rather than the skanky dory...

The large dory is really a large piece of fish, the piece I had last week was cooked well and tasty. The French Fries are way better than the home made chips. So now fish & chips costs 140Bt, which is still cheaper than anywhere else in Patts. I usually get a fresh salad as well, so it's almost a 200Bt meal. Still very good value.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for any confusion, the 100 Baht Fish & Chips (Small Dory 60 baht + Chips) will be available from Monday... :GoldenSmile1:

Always had good service and grub from here, what I'm pissed off about is loosing my stamp card when I moved house, it had 8 stamps on, bugger

The large dory is really a large piece of fish,

Well done pub, new career at Scotland Yard is on the cards.

Ate 4 times at the Jolly Friar last month, excellent every time, will see you again next trip !

Ate 4 times at the Jolly Friar last month, excellent every time, will see you again next trip !

Fantastic, you cannot ask more then that ! Cheers

100 Baht Fish & Chips is also back, we run a trail for a month and its back !! Enjoy.

Ian

Fantastic, you cannot ask more then that ! Cheers

100 Baht Fish & Chips is also back, we run a trail for a month and its back !! Enjoy.

Ian

And it's probably the best value farang meal in Pattaya, complete with HP sauce & Tartar sauce & vinegar.

I ate there a couple of times in March.

Good food and service both times.

Prices very reasonable.

:GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

• 1 month later...

On the whole great food.Never had dory before.But enjoyed it.

As a bonus they dont charge you extra to take the fish back and cook it properly.

Eat well,sleep deeply.For tomorrow comes,and its all yours.

• 2 weeks later...

I visited the jolly friar in march + april a few times and thoroughly enjoyed the food . I was staying in the area and the 2 am closing time was convenient when i fancied a late night takeaway. Found the staff friendly and helpful.

I don't have a decent chippy near me in the uk so this place was a treat for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am happy you like the fish & chips. There was a loooooooooong story behind the Cod but I am happy to say its "all sorted". Basicall

Hello, I am happy you like the fish & chips. There was a loooooooooong story behind the Cod but I am happy to say its "all sorted". Basically we offered one of the best deals in town, 140 baht for Atlantic Cod which we bought from Makro, Emborg 1 kilo bags (250g fillets)... perfect portion sizes, identical fillets etc etc... but hey presto the stopped selling it! We scoured al the Makro branches for any remaining stock and bought it up however it all arrived with freezer burn...we now have a life time supply of Cod for our fish cakes!

Since then we have a regular supply from KPK food but its almost twice the price and much larger so its cut in half, still a 250+g portion but selling for 200 baht, still perhaps the lowest price in town...

Ian

YaY .. finally made it to the Go Go section ! hehe

y we offered one of the best deals in town, 140 baht for Atlantic Cod which we bought from Makro, Emborg 1 kilo bags (250g fillets)... perfect portion sizes, identical fillets etc etc... but hey presto the stopped selling it! We scoured al the Makro branches for any remaining stock and bought it up however it all arrived with freezer burn...we now have a life time supply of Cod for our fish cakes!

Since then we have a regular supply from KPK food but its almost twice the price and much larger so its cut in half, still a 250+g portion but selling for 200 baht, still perhaps the lowest price in town...

Ian

YaY .. finally made it to the Go Go section ! hehe

what soi are you in,so i can try you,you dont give your address

Archived