IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

I think its an absolute abomination. It was leaked around the end of April and I swear I thought it was a joke... For the club to release it shows how small time some members of our board actually are (Robert Elstone). THankfully the club have issued an apology and promised to have it changed after 1 season

It happened to us(Arsenal) The reason given was to modernise it and also to copyright the patent to drive off the unofficial merchandise.

It may be a coincidence that the Everton crest was changed shortly after the Nike deal? a season or two from memory....same same, similar Arsenal!!

It happened to us(Arsenal) The reason given was to modernise it and also to copyright the patent to drive off the unofficial merchandise.

It may be a coincidence that the Everton crest was changed shortly after the Nike deal? a season or two from memory....same same, similar Arsenal!!

Oh yeah, Nike and Kitbag have been the driving force behind the change. Apparently the old crest was proving a bit more difficult to emboss onto merchandise.... yet remarkably, smaller companies such as Le Coq Sportif never had any such issues?

We are stuck with that horrific badge for next season, but a lot of evertonians are boycotting all merchandise with that thing on. We are already one of the lowest sellers of replica shirts in the Premier League so next season should be a wake-up call for Nike and Kitbag. To be honest, whilst its always nice to have a top brand making your kits, at least with our lesser known suppliers (other than Umbro) our kits were unique each season and made for Everton. Now we just get one off the rail and are no better thought of than Bradford City (no disrespect, more cup finals than us in the last few years!)

Aren't Arsenal going to Puma this or next season? Id love them to still be our supplier

Oh yeah, Nike and Kitbag have been the driving force behind the change. Apparently the old crest was proving a bit more difficult to emboss onto merchandise.... yet remarkably, smaller companies such as Le Coq Sportif never had any such issues?

We are stuck with that horrific badge for next season, but a lot of evertonians are boycotting all merchandise with that thing on. We are already one of the lowest sellers of replica shirts in the Premier League so next season should be a wake-up call for Nike and Kitbag. To be honest, whilst its always nice to have a top brand making your kits, at least with our lesser known suppliers (other than Umbro) our kits were unique each season and made for Everton. Now we just get one off the rail and are no better thought of than Bradford City (no disrespect, more cup finals than us in the last few years!)

Aren't Arsenal going to Puma this or next season? Id love them to still be our supplier

Next season is the rumour. I don't mind the Nike kits but hate the way they mess around with our away colours! It should be Yellow/Blue but as Yellow is not a fashionable colour, we seem to get anything but! Thankfully there is a new Yellow kit next season. To be honest I never wear colours or buy club merchandise. Got to find £1400 for my season ticket by midnight on Saturday though...LOL

Next season is the rumour. I don't mind the Nike kits but hate the way they mess around with our away colours! It should be Yellow/Blue but as Yellow is not a fashionable colour, we seem to get anything but! Thankfully there is a new Yellow kit next season. To be honest I never wear colours or buy club merchandise. Got to find £1400 for my season ticket by midnight on Saturday though...LOL

£1400!!! Considering Arsenal's net spend over the past 10-15 years that is absolutely disgusting! You must have 30-40,000 season ticket holders? Thats 40/50 million a season just on season tickets! I feel hard done by paying £494 for mine at Everton. Its disgraceful the prices we have to pay these days, I read somewhere today that Bayern Munich fans have paid around £150 for a season ticket in a year they won the league, german cup and champions league.

£1400!!! Considering Arsenal's net spend over the past 10-15 years that is absolutely disgusting! You must have 30-40,000 season ticket holders? Thats 40/50 million a season just on season tickets! I feel hard done by paying £494 for mine at Everton. Its disgraceful the prices we have to pay these days, I read somewhere today that Bayern Munich fans have paid around £150 for a season ticket in a year they won the league, german cup and champions league.

44,000 season ticket holders, the cheapest is £950..It does include the 1st 7 cup matches( FA Cup or Europe)

The promise surrounding the new stadium was that player spending would not be affected by stadium expenditure, and we were moving to compete with the best in the world (CL final in last season at Highbury...everybody thought we were going to rule the World (that is why there were no protests against the move )but then the housing price fell and they were stumped. The problem is the key time for dissent coincides with the annual battle for 3rd/4th place with spurs , so any protest might affect finishing above the rivals..catch 22 and repeat to fade...loads are losing the will to live!!!!

Edited by SLEUTH

Yeah can see the predicament. Surely this summer Wenger will spend? I think you need a good centre half and a midfielder who can control a game and you will be easily ahead of Spurs. Jagielka would have been perfect for Arsenal, but Wenger only offered an embarrassing £10m a couple of summers ago. If Fellaini is to leave this summer (which I still think he will) then I would prefer him to go to Arsenal than Chelsea or United. He again would be ideal for you as a proper deep lying central midfielder, not the second forward as Moyes used him

• 3 months later...

Thought i bump up this thread... What your thought of Fellaini and Moyes , Blue.

Thought i bump up this thread... What your thought of Fellaini and Moyes , Blue.

Know this was for my other blue comrade but I will throw my two baht in....

Fellaini, got no issues with the guy. He clearly wanted out from January this year. Never kicked up a stink about it and just got on with playing his football. There was a marked decline in his performance after January but nothing sinister or ridiculous. I genuinley wish him the best of luck and he will get a welcome back from me, and from the blues I know all have a similar opinion. We have replaced a goalscoring midfielder with 2 who play the position Martinez want (Barry and McCarthy) and someone who has all the attributes to be one of the best forwards in Europe someday (Lukaku) all be it 2 are loans. Barry will fill in for Gibson who as good as he is, cannot stay fit. McCarthy is a young lad, and looks a great talent. Has "Everton player" written all over him.

Moyes has, in the space of 2 months destroyed an 11 year relationship. I couldnt tell you of one person who will welcome him to Goodison in April. Im sure it will be televised, so you will see Goodison at its most frightening. A Proper bear pit of hatred and passion. For whatever reason, he is making cheap comments about the club on a daily basis. I have not been a fan of Moyes for a number of years and my own feeling is that he knew of the United job at the beginning of the 12/13 season. Last season he attitude stunk. He strung the club along about renewing his contract then pi$$ed off leaving us with no manager and no compensation. His courting of Baines and Fellaini has been the big turning point. Disgusting offers like £28M for the pair? Im very proud of Everton standing firm and eventually selling just Fellaini for half a million less than that figure.

The sad this is, I used to class United as my second team. Mutual enemies! I cant while that man is in charge and genuinely shows himself up as the fraud he is. People say he worked miracles at Everton? Fact is we paid the 6th/7th highest wages in the league, and we usually finished 6th or 7th? He will not finish higher than 4th this season. If Liverpool get their $hit together, it could be even worse for them....

Know this was for my other blue comrade but I will throw my two baht in....

Fellaini, got no issues with the guy. He clearly wanted out from January this year. Never kicked up a stink about it and just got on with playing his football. There was a marked decline in his performance after January but nothing sinister or ridiculous. I genuinley wish him the best of luck and he will get a welcome back from me, and from the blues I know all have a similar opinion. We have replaced a goalscoring midfielder with 2 who play the position Martinez want (Barry and McCarthy) and someone who has all the attributes to be one of the best forwards in Europe someday (Lukaku) all be it 2 are loans. Barry will fill in for Gibson who as good as he is, cannot stay fit. McCarthy is a young lad, and looks a great talent. Has "Everton player" written all over him.

Moyes has, in the space of 2 months destroyed an 11 year relationship. I couldnt tell you of one person who will welcome him to Goodison in April. Im sure it will be televised, so you will see Goodison at its most frightening. A Proper bear pit of hatred and passion. For whatever reason, he is making cheap comments about the club on a daily basis. I have not been a fan of Moyes for a number of years and my own feeling is that he knew of the United job at the beginning of the 12/13 season. Last season he attitude stunk. He strung the club along about renewing his contract then pi$$ed off leaving us with no manager and no compensation. His courting of Baines and Fellaini has been the big turning point. Disgusting offers like £28M for the pair? Im very proud of Everton standing firm and eventually selling just Fellaini for half a million less than that figure.

The sad this is, I used to class United as my second team. Mutual enemies! I cant while that man is in charge and genuinely shows himself up as the fraud he is. People say he worked miracles at Everton? Fact is we paid the 6th/7th highest wages in the league, and we usually finished 6th or 7th? He will not finish higher than 4th this season. If Liverpool get their $hit together, it could be even worse for them....

Good Post mate.. I like your honest Post. I am a United man (Living in Ireland ,lol), I could understand your disgust over Moyes cheap comments.  Like you, Everton was always my second team and still is today cos a lot of United payers seems go to Everton at the end of their career . Barry replace Gibson ? Where he is gone to ?

Good Post mate.. I like your honest Post. I am a United man (Living in Ireland ,lol), I could understand your disgust over Moyes cheap comments.  Like you, Everton was always my second team and still is today cos a lot of United payers seems go to Everton at the end of their career . Barry replace Gibson ? Where he is gone to ?

Cheers mate. I just dont understand why he needs top snipe at us. Before your game at Castle Greyskull last weekend, he came out with "I have finally got a team that can win at Anfield". The same guy sent a reserve team out there 2-3 years earlier and made myself and 3000 other blues watch us get dicked 3-0, with the added humiliation of a Gerrard hat-trick! When all said and done, rightly or wrongly he is on another stratosphere to us now so his baiting of Everton is needless. He was given a heroes reception at our last home game of the season against West Ham, which at the time I baulked at. I walked out at full time and had none of the backslapping and adulation towards him. Just a shame its taken the summer months for other blues to jump into the same mindset as me.

Gibbo is still here mate, but he is made of glass! Fantastic player and keeps our midfield ticking but his fitness is unreliable. I think when both fit, against the better sides he will pair with Barry and play deep with Mirallas Barkley and Pienaar advanced. Deulofeu looks a special talent, hope he is brought in more soon.

I think in Fellaini you have a great player, but Im still not sure he is what United need. I thought you needed a real playmaker to open the door for RVP. Fellaini doesnt do that. His preferred position is defensive midfielder but Moyes used him as a target man for large chunks of the last 2 years. He wont play a killer ball, he rarely passes more than 5 yards at a time but obviously wins a lot of high balls. 

• 2 months later...

Manchester United Vs Everton

Everton playing very well recently , United was shit in last few weeks. Barkley will perfom brilliantly tonight. 

Everton deserved the win at Old Trafford 100%. United huffed and puffed but could not break down the wall... Everton will be in the top four come May... 

Edited by jocky king

Everton did very very well last night and I think they deserved there win.  Everton I thought kept on playing to end always looking to win the game.  

At the weekend we are away to Arsenal and it will be a very tough game but I think they have got a good chance of coming away with a good result

On Sunday Everton are playing away to Arsenal at the emerates stadium.  And that got me thinking about a very famous footballer who came from my home town called Ellesmere Port.

And that player's name is Joe Mercer and he played for both Everton and England.  He also played for and managed England.  He was a great player who's playing career was interupted by the 2nd world war

He was a player that was loved by both Everton and Arsenal

Joe Mercer 1.jpg

Jocky I am sorry that I never really replied to this question.  In recent months I've been pre-occupied with my early retirement from work so never noticed your question.  I generally agree with the answer that my fellow Evertonian gave you.

And I was made up with our win at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.  Something that David couldn't get an Everton to do during his 11 years as a manager of Everton

And when Utd come to Everton later this season the atmosphere created by the Everton fans will be electric and intimidating

Everton deserved the win at Old Trafford 100%. United huffed and puffed but could not break down the wall... Everton will be in the top four come May... 

Hope your right mate! Was a stunning win Wednesday for the blues, could have gone either way but think we just edged it if only for the belief we shown. Something that neither Moyes or the fans have had for years. Sunday will show how far we have come under Martinez. The whole attitude at Goodison has changed since he took over. The guy just seems to "get us".

Hope your right mate! Was a stunning win Wednesday for the blues, could have gone either way but think we just edged it if only for the belief we shown. Something that neither Moyes or the fans have had for years. Sunday will show how far we have come under Martinez. The whole attitude at Goodison has changed since he took over. The guy just seems to "get us".

Sunday will be an indication on how we are doing under our new manager.  In recent years we have not done very well against Arsenal.  It's been awhile since we have beaten them but under Martinez the players are now playing with more belief in themselves

I do hope Everton will beat Arsenal on Sunday. And think they can do it if they played like that in the last few weeks,  Was watching Martinez on BBC yesterday with Alan Shearer during the programme of the World Cup Draw. He speaks highly of Barkley. He will be chased by number of big clubs in England and Europe,  Barkley is only 20, he will be Player of the year in the premiership very soon. Learned fast for a player of his age is amazing.  

I do hope Everton will beat Arsenal on Sunday. And think they can do it if they played like that in the last few weeks,  Was watching Martinez on BBC yesterday with Alan Shearer during the programme of the World Cup Draw. He speaks highly of Barkley. He will be chased by number of big clubs in England and Europe,  Barkley is only 20, he will be Player of the year in the premiership very soon. Learned fast for a player of his age is amazing.  

Young Barkley is a great prospect but he is still learning.  In the next transfer window I think there could be a few clubs coming in for him but I hope for his sake he decides to stay at Everton and continue is education.  Moving on to other so called bigger clubs is not always a good thing for players his age.  At Everton he will get regular 1st team football and will only miss the odd game if there is good reason not to play him BUT at other clubs is development might become restricted because a bigger squad could mean his first team games would be restricted

Young Barkley is a great prospect but he is still learning.  In the next transfer window I think there could be a few clubs coming in for him but I hope for his sake he decides to stay at Everton and continue is education.  Moving on to other so called bigger clubs is not always a good thing for players his age.  At Everton he will get regular 1st team football and will only miss the odd game if there is good reason not to play him BUT at other clubs is development might become restricted because a bigger squad could mean his first team games would be restricted

So True.. How much Barkley getting at Everton i wonder !!!! Probably £50,000 a week ???, If City (Etihad,Oil Rich) Offers him £200,000 a week, would be very hard for him to reject that deal.  It is a shame !!!  Unfair i think .. Januaury Shop Window should be banned, Summer only i Reckon, because it disturbed the half season football.  

If anything they should get get rid of the windows completely , it just inflates prices as clubs panic and agents take it down to the wire ..

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

So True.. How much Barkley getting at Everton i wonder !!!! Probably £50,000 a week ???, If City (Etihad,Oil Rich) Offers him £200,000 a week, would be very hard for him to reject that deal.  It is a shame !!!  Unfair i think .. Januaury Shop Window should be banned, Summer only i Reckon, because it disturbed the half season football.  

The boy is unbelievably talented. He is only (haha ONLY!!) currently on £20k per week after signing a 4 and a half year deal until 2016. Years ago (about 2009/10) Tim Cahill was asked who was the best footballer he had ever played with. His answer was Ross Barkley! Baring in mind the boy would have only been about 15/16 at the time thats an incredible compliment. He was given a chance a few seasons ago under Moyes and played superbly on his debut against QPR. We played Blackburn away a few weeks later and Ross gave away a penalty. Minutes later he was substituted and was not seen in the first team for another 4/5 months. A mate of mine saw him out and about in a bar on The Albert Dock and asked why he wasnt getting a game during a time we looked crap. Ross said to him it was down to Moyes negativity. The biggest myth surrounding Moyes was that he gave youth a chance.

The boys stock is rising by the game. Its a fear he will leave for pastures new but if we carry on the way we are there is no reason for him to move on. We are in the hunt for top 4 as it stands, but if he does move on it will be for ridiculous money. If someone comes in offering £30 million + we would be stupid not to take it. Not many players leave Everton and improve. I can only think of Rooney!

The January window cause problems because in Everton's case there are talks of clubs coming in for Barkley, Baines and Jags

and talk can unsettle players

If anything they should get get rid of the windows completely , it just inflates prices as clubs panic and agents take it down to the wire ..

Completely agree. Destroying football and the only beneficiaries are slimeball agents. Ridiculous system which is also pushed by TV Companies. I know for a fact that the deal to take Gareth Barry from City to Everton on loan was signed and done on Friday 30th August. It was not announced by Everton, City or Sky until 10pm on Monday 2nd September. This is orchestrated by Sky to create drama on deadline day and make the channel unmissable

The January window cause problems because in Everton's case there are talks of clubs coming in for Barkley, Baines and Jags

and talk can unsettle players

Yeah, Very Unfair. Like before when Spurs was going well two years ago, Harry Rednapp was talked about being a England Gaffer, then spurs went downhill. FA was to blame for that, they should have told Harry immediately but waited for weeks.  Unsettled everything at Spurs camp.