IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Nice one blue,,,

I am an everton fan myself but more of the armchair type, only been to 3 games,,,

I sure do love everton tho mate, its a proper family team,,,

Love to watch them in Secrets bar, just off walking st,,, have a laugh and joke with the thai guys who run the bar,,, maybe have a cheeky bet over the footy

Hope u are well mate,,, I am just counting down the days before i head back home to Pattaya, hopefully at the end of this month, if not, due to work reasons it should be in the beg of july, where i should stay for around 4 weeks, happy days, party hard and all that

Best Regards

dirty den

Nice one blue,,,

I am an everton fan myself but more of the armchair type, only been to 3 games,,,

I sure do love everton tho mate, its a proper family team,,,

Love to watch them in secrets bar, just off walking st,,, have a laugh and joke with the thai guys who run the bar,,, maybe have a cheeky bet over the footy

Hope u are well mate,,, I am just counting down the days before i head back home to Pattaya, hopefully at the end of this month, if not, due to work reasons it should be in the beg of july, where i should stay for around 4 weeks, happy days, party hard and all that

Best Regards

dirty den

Nice one dirty den

It's always nice to meet a fellow Evertonian

If I'm in Pattaya when Everton are playing I've not got a favourite bar to watch my favourite team.

The next time I'm in Pattaya will be for the first 3 weeks of August.

So the season will have started before I fly home. So if Everton do play before I fly home I should make the effort to watch the game at Mr beans bar in Pattaya New Plaza because I believe it's an Everton bar

Everton funny cartoon 3.jpg

DID YOU KNOW

That the youngest ever goalscorer in a premiership game was James Vaughn who scored at the age of 16 years and 271 days for Everton against Crystal Palace on the 10th April 2005.

And I was there

james Vaughn 3.jpg james Vaughn 2.jpg

james Vaughn 4.jpg

Edited by blue1878

DID YOU KNOW

That the youngest ever goalscorer in a premiership game was James Vaughn who scored at the age of 16 years and 271 days for Everton against Crystal Palace on the 10th April 2005.

And I was there

post-15515-0-37901300-1307396059.jpg post-15515-0-98506900-1307396074.jpg

post-15515-0-47763900-1307396092.jpg

Pity that Vaughan had such terrible injuries. I remember being really excited about him when he first arrived on the scene. Even after his injuries he always had a good attitude.

Any ideas of who may he coming in this summer?

Edited by Bobarx

Pity that Vaughan had such terrible injuries. I remember being really excited about him when he first arrived on the scene. Even after his injuries he always had a good attitude.

Any ideas of who may he coming in this summer?

It's a bit quiet at the moment but they have been linked with the likes of Demba Ba of West Ham. We are short of strickers. Also in todays papers we are supposed to be interested Neil Taylor of Swansea a left sided defender who is rated at £1,000,000

Getting back James Vaughan I would have liked Moyes to have kept him and sold Victor Anichebe. An injury prone James Vaughan will always score goals when free of injury but Victor Anichebe never looks as if he will score for us. In fact his last goal for Everton was I think in March last year. I think Moyes is a very good manager but can never understand why he likes Victor but not james.

My West Ham workmate had a surprise last weekend in a pub down our way.

He bumped into none other than your very own Mr Moyes !

Haven't quizzed him about it yet as he's off this week but this is a text

he sent me......tidied up !

"He was in The Six Bells in Horley on Sat pm.He'd flown down on Sat

and was flying out on Sunday,on holiday with his wife,nice bloke."

The pub is only a couple of miles from Gatwick airport and I'm guessing

they were staying at one of the big hotels there,rather than a local B&B.

Don't imagine he said anything revealing....I'll let you know if he did.

My West Ham workmate had a surprise last weekend in a pub down our way.

He bumped into none other than your very own Mr Moyes !

Haven't quizzed him about it yet as he's off this week but this is a text

he sent me......tidied up !

"He was in The Six Bells in Horley on Sat pm.He'd flown down on Sat

and was flying out on Sunday,on holiday with his wife,nice bloke."

The pub is only a couple of miles from Gatwick airport and I'm guessing

they were staying at one of the big hotels there,rather than a local B&B.

Don't imagine he said anything revealing....I'll let you know if he did.

It'll be interesting to read what they talked about.

Moyes is a nice fella and a good manager even though I dont always agree with his decisions

Today is Saturday and as it's summer I miss going the match. So I like to take a look at the papers to see which players they reckon Everton are interested in buying. And in today's papers they are saying that we are interested in Wigan's 25 year old french stricker Charles N'Zogbia. And that Wigan would expect in the region off £11,000,000 for him. If it's true it'll be interesting to see if Everton can get the money together to be able to put a bid in for him. Everton lack cash but they have recently sold Vaughan. And I think Joseph Yobo and Yakubu will be sold during the summer, And we'll need to sell them sooner rather than later to give David Moyes the chance to buy a decent player or players with the cash

n\'zogbia.jpg nzogbia 2.jpg

I remember hearing that N'Zogbias attitude at Newcastle was dodgy at times but if Moves can take care of that then I think he'd be a great signing.

Price is high though. As ever, there seems to be a lot of money floating round the Premier League but Everton have none of it.

I remember hearing that N'Zogbias attitude at Newcastle was dodgy at times but if Moves can take care of that then I think he'd be a great signing.

Price is high though. As ever, there seems to be a lot of money floating round the Premier League but Everton have none of it.

If N'Zogbia does have a dodgy attitude I'm supprised that David Moyes is going in for him because he likes to buy players with a good atitiude and will fit in with the rest of the squad. Maybe David Moyes thinks he can work with the player and that he will quieten down at Everton. That is if we can get him. Each summer David always has limited money to work with.

And in today's papers Everton are being linked with Real Madrid's Sergio Canales. David Moyes wants to take the 20 year attacking midfielder on a months loan. Real Madrid highly rate him but at the moment doesnt feature as a first team regular. So they want him to go out on loan to get some first team experiance

And last night young Jack Rodwell came off the bench to help the England U21's get a 1 - 1 draw against Spain

The fixtures came out yesterday and Everton's opening game of 2011/12 season will be away to Spurs on Saturday 13th August. And there first home game will be against QPR and the 20th August. Years ago when I used to follow Everton away I used to like visiting QPR's ground. There fans were friendly and QPR used to like playing attractive football.

I will sadly miss the QPR game because I dont arrive home from my next trip to Thailand till the 21st August

Full fixture list for 2011/12 Season

Tottenham Hotspur - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, August 20 2011Everton - Queens Park Rangers (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, August 27 2011Blackburn Rovers - Everton (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifSaturday, September 10 2011Everton - Aston Villa (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, September 17 2011Everton - Wigan Athletic (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, September 24 2011Manchester City - Everton (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifSaturday, October 1 2011Everton - Liverpool (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, October 15 2011Chelsea - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, October 22 2011Fulham - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, October 29 2011Everton - Manchester United (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifSaturday, November 5 2011Newcastle United - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, November 19 2011Everton - Wolverhampton Wanderers (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, November 26 2011Bolton Wanderers - Everton (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifSaturday, December 3 2011Everton - Stoke City (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, December 10 2011Arsenal - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, December 17 2011Everton - Norwich City (15.00)empty.gifWednesday, December 21 2011Everton - Swansea City (19.45)empty.gifMonday, December 26 2011Sunderland - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, December 31 2011West Bromwich Albion - Everton (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifMonday, January 2 2012Everton - Bolton Wanderers (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, January 14 2012Aston Villa - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, January 21 2012Everton - Blackburn Rovers (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifWednesday, February 1 2012Everton - Manchester City (19.45)empty.gifSaturday, February 4 2012Wigan Athletic - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, February 11 2012Everton - Chelsea (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, February 25 2012Liverpool - Everton (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifSaturday, March 3 2012Queens Park Rangers - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, March 10 2012Everton - Tottenham Hotspur (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, March 17 2012Everton - Arsenal (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, March 24 2012Swansea City - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, March 31 2012Everton - West Bromwich Albion (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifSaturday, April 7 2012Norwich City - Everton (15.00)empty.gifMonday, April 9 2012Everton - Sunderland (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, April 14 2012Stoke City - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, April 21 2012Manchester United - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSaturday, April 28 2012Everton - Fulham (15.00)empty.gifempty.gifSaturday, May 5 2012Wolverhampton Wanderers - Everton (15.00)empty.gifSunday, May 13 2012Everton - Newcastle United (15.00)August 2011Tottenham HotspurASat 13thQPRHSat 20thBlackburn RoversASat 27thSeptember 2011Aston VillaHSat 10thWigan AthleticHSat 17thManchester CityASat 24thOctober 2011LiverpoolHSat 1stChelseaASat 15thFulhamASat 22ndManchester UnitedHSat 29thNovember 2011Newcastle UnitedASat 5thWolvesHSat 19thBolton WanderersASat 26thDecember 2011Stoke CityHSat 3rdArsenalASat 10thNorwich CityHSat 17thSwansea CityHWed 21stSunderlandAMon 26thWest BromASat 31stJanuary 2012Bolton WanderersHMon 2ndAston VillaASat 14thBlackburn RoversHSat 21stFebruary 2012Manchester CityHWed 1stWigan AthleticASat 4thChelseaHSat 11thLiverpoolASat 25thMarch 2012QPRASat 3rdTottenham HotspurHSat 10thArsenalHSat 17thSwansea CityASat 24thWest BromHSat 31stApril 2012Norwich CityASat 7thSunderlandHMon 9thStoke CityASat 14thManchester UnitedASat 21stFulhamHSat 28thMay 2012WolvesASat 5thNewcastle UnitedHSun 13thAugust 2011Tottenham HotspurASat 13thQPRHSat 20thBlackburn RoversASat 27thSeptember 2011Aston VillaHSat 10thWigan AthleticHSat 17thManchester CityASat 24thOctober 2011LiverpoolHSat 1stChelseaASat 15thFulhamASat 22ndManchester UnitedHSat 29thNovember 2011Newcastle UnitedASat 5thWolvesHSat 19thBolton WanderersASat 26thDecember 2011Stoke CityHSat 3rdArsenalASat 10thNorwich CityHSat 17thSwansea CityHWed 21stSunderlandAMon 26thWest BromASat 31stJanuary 2012Bolton WanderersHMon 2ndAston VillaASat 14thBlackburn RoversHSat 21stFebruary 2012Manchester CityHWed 1stWigan AthleticASat 4thChelseaHSat 11thLiverpoolASat 25thMarch 2012QPRASat 3rdTottenham HotspurHSat 10thArsenalHSat 17thSwansea CityASat 24thWest BromHSat 31stApril 2012Norwich CityASat 7thSunderlandHMon 9thStoke CityASat 14thManchester UnitedASat 21stFulhamHSat 28thMay 2012WolvesASat 5thNewcastle UnitedHSun 13th

Edited by blue1878

Funny Photograph

This photograph made me laugh

Gerard.jpg

Back in the 70's one of my favourite Everton players was Bob Latchford. When we bought him from Birmingham City FOR £350,000 which was then a british record transfer. During his time at Everton he scored 138 goals in 268 apperances. A post war record for an Everton player until Graham Sharpe came along and beat it in the 80's. In 1977/78 he won £10,000 by becoming the first player in years to score 30 league goals in a season. If memory serves me correctly he gave the money to charity. In his day he was one of the best english centre forwards around. Unfortunatly Everton in the 70's wernt a great side so he didn't win an winners medals whilst playing for Everton

bob latchford.jpg bob latchford.jpg 3.jpg bob latchford 2.jpg

Our goalkeeper Tim Howard is totally gutted after America lost 4 - 2 to Mexico at the weekend. It was the final of the Concacaf a title that Mexico have won 5 times before. So now Mexico not the USA will take part in the 2013 Confederations Cup. it would have been nice to see Tim return to Everton with a winners medal but it was never to be

Tim howard.jpg tim howard 2.jpg

Edited by blue1878

Dave Hickson - Everton Legend

Yesterday a well loved old Everton player Dave Hickson was admitted to Liverpool's city councils "Citizen of Honour" roll. Dave is 81 now and still works behind the scene's at Everton. And he is also from my home town of Ellesmere Port.

He was a 'physical' centre forward and his complete commitment won him adulation. Although he was good 'in the air', he was also quite skillful on the ground and possessed a powerful shot. Everton fans used to call him the Cannonball Kid

He loved Everton and once famously said "I would have died for Everton, I would have broke every other bone in my body for any other club, that's how I look at it, you know, if it was that much I would have died for this club." Today Hickson is still with Everton as a guide on the tours of the club's ground, Goodison Park.

Hickson's reputation was confirmed in an epic 5th round FA Cup tie in 1953 against Manchester United when he had typically put his head where there were flailing boots and he was carried off with a serious gash. Nevertheless he returned to score the winner and played the rest of the match while losing blood copiously. Hickson also scored the winner in the following 6th round tie.

I've been lucky enough to meet him and I can tell you that he is a great guy and a perfect gentleman. And a true Evertonian

dave hickson.jpg dave hickson 3.jpg

Edited by blue1878

• 2 weeks later...

I've not wrote anything about my beloved Everton for over a week because I've been very busy.

Because of my tri[p to Pattaya in August I am going to miss Evertons fist home match of the season. On Saturday 20th August we are at home to QPR and I dont get home from LOS untill the next day. I will be flying between Bangkok and Abu Dhabi whilst the match is being played.

And last night I booked my flights for Christmas and New Year. Flying out on the 16th December and returning home on the 3rd January 2012 so I'll be missing more games.

So other Evertonians will get the benifit of my season whilst I am away

• 2 months later...

For the last few weeks I've been quiet when it has come to talking about my beloved Everton. Well I'll have to get back into the swing of writing about them again. Tomorrow Everton are at home to Aston Villa. This fixture is the most played league fixture in the english football league. I think tomorrows game wil be the 193 league game between these two great and famous teams. And all games have been played in the top division.

Hopefully it will be a great game

Tomorrow I have to work till 1 in the afternoon and the game kicks off at 3 so I will have a bit of a rush to get to the game

Come on you blues

evertonfc-crest.gif

Well yesterday Everton drew 2 - 2 at home to Aston Villa but the score didn't really reflect Everton's superiority. On the day I thought we were the better side but couldn't get the 3 points that I thought we deserved. Going by yesterday's performance I think Everton will have a fairly good season

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a good weekend

On Saturday I watched Everton beat Wigan 3 - 1

And then on Sunday the bitter reds (Liverpool) got beat 4 - 0 and had 2 players sent off

• 2 weeks later...

Rodwell was unfairly send off for a good tackle... Suarez is a disgrace to the fellow professionals ... He will be watched by the Ref association from now on...

Rodwell was unfairly send off for a good tackle... Suarez is a disgrace to the fellow professionals ... He will be watched by the Ref association from now on...

Have u actualy seen the still photo ? Rodwell does catch Suarez but it's not a sending off. Now don't be bitter about it. Were all laughing at everton ha ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

Have u actualy seen the still photo ? Rodwell does catch Suarez but it's not a sending off. Now don't be bitter about it. Were all laughing at everton ha ha ha

I see that a bitter red has passed a comment about Rodwell's sending off.

It's a shame that the match was spoiled by a poor decision.

At the time of the sending off Everton were slightly the better team

• 2 weeks later...

Well on Wednesday night I went to Goodison Park and was very disappointed in Everton's performance. They just really didnt get going and our reserve goalie was to blame for both od Chelsea's goals

So now I am looking forward to tomorrows home game against Manchester United. If Everton can play how I know they can play then it should be a good game. I'm just not looking forward to the mid-day kick off.