Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Well on Wednesday night I went to Goodison Park and was very disappointed in Everton's performance. They just really didnt get going and our reserve goalie was to blame for both od Chelsea's goals

So now I am looking forward to tomorrows home game against Manchester United. If Everton can play how I know they can play then it should be a good game. I'm just not looking forward to the mid-day kick off.

Looking forward to watch the match too... Rooney always get the sticks from the Toffees, he once wore a tee shirt in his everton days saying Once a Blue,,, Always a Blue..., They will wind him up tomorrow like always...

• 4 weeks later...

Well last Saturday I went to Goodison park and watched Everton carve out a hard won 2 - 1 victory against Wolves. After going 1 - 0 down goals from Jagyelka and Baines got us the victory that there effort deserved. In a lot of match's this season Everton have had more of the possesion than the other team but have failed to win because they lack the cutting edge in and around there oposition's goal area. Its something that the manager needs to look at.

Anyway Everton's next match is on Saturday at Bolton and I will be there. My first away match of the season

Everton Firsts

Everton have been the first club to achieve a wide variety of things over the course of our proud history, here are just some…..

Founder members of the Football League

Founder members of the Premier League

First club to be presented with the League Championship Trophy

First Club to present medals for winning the Championship

First Club to stage an FA Cup Final

First Club on Merseyside to win the FA Cup

First Club to win a Championship on two different grounds

First Club to build a purpose built football stadium

First Club to boast all four sides of the stadium with double-decker stands

First Club to boast a triple decker stand at a Football Stadium

First Club to be visited by a reigning Monarch

First Club to issue a weekly matchday programme

First Club to wear shirts numbered 1-11

First Club to employ a Coach / Manager

First Club to have a church in it’s ground

First Club to use football nets

First Club to install Dug-outs

First Club to install under-soil heating

First Club to position floodlighting across stands instead of on Pylons

First Club to win a European Penalty shoot-out

First Club to play officially in Blue and White (1901)

First Club to go on an Overseas football tour

First Club to play 3000 top flight matches

First Club to achieve 5000 points in the League

Everton Firsts

First Club to achieve 100 years in the Top Flight

First (and only!) Club to have a player score 60 league goals in a season

First English Club to have an England International striker win The Golden Boot at a World Cup (Gary Lineker)

First British Club to stage a World Cup Semi-Final

First club to appear in a live, fully televised football match. The fixture was Arsenal versus Everton in 1936

Everton were the first English club to complete five consecutive years of competing in European competitions – 1962/63-1966/67.

First Club to have a scoreboard half-time/full-time facility

First club to play a match with six officials (Europa League 2009)

Sunday 27th November

Yesterday Everton played away at Bolton Wanderers and I traveled to Bolton to watch the game. It was my first away game of the season. Many years ago I used to follow Everton all around the country to watch them play but nowadays I just go to the home games. Anyway I really enjoyed yesterday's game and not just because we won 2 - 0. It was also great watching Everton's away game with Everton's massive away support. A few thousand fans made the short journey to Bolton and the atmosphere amongst the Everton fans was fantastic, I must try and make the effort to go and watch Everton at an away match again before the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I watched us play against Stoke City and we got beat 1-0. This season has been a very frustrating season for us Evertonians. Yesterday was typical in that we had more of the play but as usual we lacked creativaty around the oppanants box to be able to open up the other teams defense and create chances. Stoke created very little but was able to get the one goal which got them the 3 points

• 4 weeks later...

RIP Gary Ablett 1965-2012

Honours Playing for Everton

FA Cup Winner 1994-1995

Charity Shield Winner 1995-1996

RIP Gary Ablett 1965-2012

Honours Playing for Everton

FA Cup Winner 1994-1995

Charity Shield Winner 1995-1996

He was a very nice guy.

It's a shame that he passed away at such a young age

I returned back to England on Tuesday but whilst in Pattaya I watched the West Brom V Everton game at Mr Bean bar in Pattaya New Plaza. This bar is run by an Evertonian and it was great watching the game amongst fellow Evertonians. And just before kick Off the bar owner played the Z cars theme which I thought was a nice touch

• 2 weeks later...

I returned back to England on Tuesday but whilst in Pattaya I watched the West Brom V Everton game at Mr Bean bar in Pattaya New Plaza. This bar is run by an Evertonian and it was great watching the game amongst fellow Evertonians. And just before kick Off the bar owner played the Z cars theme which I thought was a nice touch

hey blue whats your take on drenthe and anichebe,can they become first choice 1st teamers.

• 2 weeks later...

hey blue whats your take on drenthe and anichebe,can they become first choice 1st teamers.

What I've seen of Drenthe I think he's a very good player with plenty of skill but at the moment I don't think he is a 90 minute player. So I think the Everton staff need to work with him more before he can become a regular 1st teamer

About Anichebe I don't think he'll ever be a 1st team regular because he's not a natural stricker. Also he looks very strong but is easily knocked off the ball

hey blue your new signing jelavic, hes a good player,very good touch and composed in front of goal but if it isnt going for him you will no, he wont track back his head will be down and he doesnt look bothered 1 bit and it was a easier for him at rapid vienna and rangers,he also lacks in pace,but good luck to the man at everton.

Hi ljc it will be interesting to see how jelavic gets on at Everton and the english premier league. As an Evertonian I hope he does well

....... And Darren Gibson ?

....... And Darren Gibson ?

I also hope that Darren Gibson does well for Everton and by all accounts he is supposed to be a good midfield player that can score goals. And he did well for us last night scoring our winning goal against Manchester City. I believe that when the Man Utd fans at there game heard that he had scored for Everton they started singing "There's only one Darren Gibson.

Everton have had trouble scoring goals this season so I hope the new signings can help us get a few goals

I also hope that Darren Gibson does well for Everton and by all accounts he is supposed to be a good midfield player that can score goals. And he did well for us last night scoring our winning goal against Manchester City. I believe that when the Man Utd fans at there game heard that he had scored for Everton they started singing "There's only one Darren Gibson.

Everton have had trouble scoring goals this season so I hope the new signings can help us get a few goals

That put music in my ears.... I really hope Darren will be a great buy for Everton, he is a nice lad.... Saha moved to Spurs for free ? Always have injury problems over the years but a great goal scorer.... Best of luck with Darren...

That put music in my ears.... I really hope Darren will be a great buy for Everton, he is a nice lad.... Saha moved to Spurs for free ? Always have injury problems over the years but a great goal scorer.... Best of luck with Darren...

In the last few games that Saha played for Everton before his move he was putting in the effort but never really looked like he was going to score. He's a class player so maybe he just needed to move away to be able to find his scoring touch but has you say he is injury prone. Anyway talking about spurs it's nice to see Pienaar come back to us on loan. We can do with a creative midfielder like Stevan

Today Everton are playing away at Wigan Athletic

220px-Wigan_Athletic.svg.png

Wigan are currently bottom of the premiership so hopefully we can get a good result today. Even though we had a great result against Manchester City in mid-week I think David Moyes will change the team and play our new stricker Jelavic.

_58274519_jelavic.jpg

Wigan were promoted to the premiership in 2005 and I have bad memories of there first ever visit to Goodison Park on Saturday 24th September 2005. Not only did we get beat 1 - 0 but after the game I had a heart attack :wacko: . In 2005 I used to go to the Everton games via a soccer bus and after the game I walked back to the bus and got on and has soon has a sat down I started to get chest pains and the pain wouldnt go away. So Peter the driver ended up doing a detour and dropped me off at a Liverpool hospital. The bus I was on was a double decker bus and many fans upstairs was woundering what was happening...lol. Anyway the hospital that the bus took me to transferred me to broadgreen hospital which is the top heart hospital in the area and a surgeon was waiting for me and I got sorted out very quickly. The heart attack happened exactly 12 weeks before my first ever christmas/new year trip to Thailand. So when I saw the surgeon again 3 days later my first question to him was "Will I still be able to go to Thailand in December". The question took him by supprise but luckily for me he said that it would be OK for me to go.

Anyway today I hope Everton get a better result than they did 7 years ago

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I was at Goodison Park and enjoyed watching Everton beat Spurs. Overhaul I think Everton deserved the victory. And now we have two very important match's coming up. On Tuesday we go to Anfield to play the reds and next Saturday we play Sunderland in the QF's of the FA Cup

It's official the Simpson family are Evetonians

Simpsons are Evertonians.jpg

You going to Anfield tonight ? Should be a great match, I have a feeling Suarez is up in the news again tonight but dont know whether is it bad or not.. Good Luck Everton...

You going to Anfield tonight ? Should be a great match, I have a feeling Suarez is up in the news again tonight but dont know whether is it bad or not.. Good Luck Everton...

Hi Jockey King I'm not going to Anfield tonight because I could not get a ticket for the match. I think Everton has the away team get a 3,000 ticket allocation so tickets are always hard to get. So I will watch the match on television. Hopefully we will get a good result at Anfield.

And tomorrow David Moyes celebrates 10 years in charge of Everton

David.jpg

Years ago. Three Irish lads (Liverpool Fans) and myself(United fan) went to Liverpool for the weekend and the Liverppol and Everton match, Went to Anfield , The three went to that Match, but i has no interest because i dont support either of em, anyway, went to the corner pub just outside Anfield, The Kick off already started, the fat lady came in the pub offerring me a ticket at normal price because the match already started, Bought it, know what ? A Everton section ticket, had a great time with them fans, celebrated wildy when Everton scored, Everton won 1-0, wonder what happens if they all know i,m a United fan.. Good memories..

Years ago. Three Irish lads (Liverpool Fans) and myself(United fan) went to Liverpool for the weekend and the Liverppol and Everton match, Went to Anfield , The three went to that Match, but i has no interest because i dont support either of em, anyway, went to the corner pub just outside Anfield, The Kick off already started, the fat lady came in the pub offerring me a ticket at normal price because the match already started, Bought it, know what ? A Everton section ticket, had a great time with them fans, celebrated wildy when Everton scored, Everton won 1-0, wonder what happens if they all know i,m a United fan.. Good memories..

I'm pleased that you had a great time in amongst the Everton fans. For me Everton fans are a lot friendlier than the Liverpool fans

• 2 weeks later...

On Wednesday night Everton played Arsenal and I had to miss the match because I was working nights. Even though we lost 1 - 0 it was a good game and we played well. I don't like missing home games so I always hope that mid-week home games are when I am working days but it doesnt always happen

On Wednesday night Everton played Arsenal and I had to miss the match because I was working nights. Even though we lost 1 - 0 it was a good game and we played well. I don't like missing home games so I always hope that mid-week home games are when I am working days but it doesnt always happen

I was at the game mate, luck is running our way at the moment. Always enjoy a trip to Merseyside, some great characters around the grounds. Always free street parking and quick get away as well down the east lancs(wish we used it years ago).

Edited by SLEUTH