IGNORED

China Garden Hotel Soi Lenkee- Review

sluminit

Thanks for the review of this room.

I will be relaxing in that Spa bath in about 44 days myself!

I'm so excited about staying there!

Ian...A quick question.

I'm considering hiring a bike this time. It there safe parking available around there? Would you recommend anywhere to park it if not?

That will be NO problem there's plenty of room for your bike outside the hotel,and it's safe parking and you

will be able to see it when your enjoying a meal in the restaurant in the hotel.

Hope you enjoy your stay here it's a great place and you will be well looked after by the staff.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the review of this room.

I will be relaxing in that Spa bath in about 44 days myself!

I'm so excited about staying there!

Ian...A quick question.

I'm considering hiring a bike this time. It there safe parking available around there? Would you recommend anywhere to park it if not?

Yea its safe for sure, we have someone inside reception all the time and loads of motorbike taxi drivers around... safe as houses!

Here my review of China Garden room 304. Initially I booked a deluxe room cos the jacuzzi rooms are fully book during my stay, but lady luck is with me this time. There was a cancellation and I asked Ian if he could allowed me to change. The reply was prompt and I managed to a jaccuzi room for my stay.

The staffs here are really well trained. In just a few hours, they all seems to know that my room is 304 and always handed me the key with a smile. I didn't know the room should have a bottle opener, when the cleaning lady heard about there's none in my room. In less than 10mins she up at the door with one.

The room is just great, I'll galdly pay 1500B or a room of this standard, but I'm really lucky I only need to pay 800B :) The only thing I have a little concern about is the flooring of the room. It felt slippery if your feet are wet, but that's pretty much my problem for coming out of the toilet with wet feet.

As for water pressure and temperature, I have no issue. It fills up the jacuzzi with warm water quite quickly. Internet wifi is good enough, I can upload a 1mb file in less than 1/2 min.

I'll leave you guys with some of my humble shots of this lovely hotel room:)

Thanks for the kind review, I am happy your enjoying the room! There should be a lovely bath matt outside the shower door to avoid any "accidents" so I will check that, I think actually I need to buy more anyway as I know when they are being cleaned there are not enough... so I will get on that tomorrow!

Is that a proper kettle as opposed to one of those hot water boiling/storage machines?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Is that a proper kettle as opposed to one of those hot water boiling/storage machines?

It's an electric kettle.

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

It's an electric kettle.

Excellent

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Hi guys, thanks for the many emails and I am sorry to be sending so many "Sorry" replies.. just to say we are fully booked for July, August, September, October and large parts of November & December. I will post dates and cancellations on here if anything comes up!

Thank you again for the wonderful response for P.A

Ian

Here my review of China Garden room 304. Initially I booked a deluxe room cos the jacuzzi rooms are fully book during my stay, but lady luck is with me this time. There was a cancellation and I asked Ian if he could allowed me to change. The reply was prompt and I managed to a jaccuzi room for my stay.

The staffs here are really well trained. In just a few hours, they all seems to know that my room is 304 and always handed me the key with a smile. I didn't know the room should have a bottle opener, when the cleaning lady heard about there's none in my room. In less than 10mins she up at the door with one.

The room is just great, I'll galdly pay 1500B or a room of this standard, but I'm really lucky I only need to pay 800B :) The only thing I have a little concern about is the flooring of the room. It felt slippery if your feet are wet, but that's pretty much my problem for coming out of the toilet with wet feet.

As for water pressure and temperature, I have no issue. It fills up the jacuzzi with warm water quite quickly. Internet wifi is good enough, I can upload a 1mb file in less than 1/2 min.

love the photos have booked four weeks at xmas and new year but might try and get two weeks before that

Rooms look great value, booked in the Diana Oasis next month, worth a visit for future bookings

A good idea would be to put a calender with availability of each room on your website, sort like dancerwatchers does with their rooms. Very usefull for planning trips.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Great value rooms low season,would be difficult to get a better offer. But somewhat pricey high season

800 baht for deluxe rooms in High Season is still pretty reasonable, the jacuzzi rooms are 1,500 baht might be a tad high but they are very nice rooms

If the over whelming feedback becomes they are too expensive I am prepared to reduce them in February but they are already booked up until late January. Post high season they will be 1000 baht per night in low season (from 800 baht) and deluxe rooms will be 650 baht per night (from 500 baht opening offer)

My review

I stayed a few nights at China garden at both a Jacuzzi and a Deluxe room.

Good

• Price, at 800/500 in low season it is excellent value.
  • Location is great. Everything you need is close and if it isn't then the baht buses go north and south on Soi Boakhow. If you ever want to charter a baht bus as taxi just tell the driver "Soi Lenkee" and press the buzzer at the hotel.
  • Very discrete when arriving with your lady. No big lobby where tourist families check you out.
  • Big nice balcony with fan in the Jacuzzi room.
  • Reasonably quiet in the Deluxe room.
  • Big TV and good WiFi.

Not so good

• There is surprisingly heavy traffic on Soi Lenkee and the doors/windows let in quite a lot of noise in the Jacuzzi room.
  • During my stay the hot water was not always very hot and the water pressure sometimes very low. Not much use of a jacuzzi if there is no hot water. There was some plumbing work in the building at the water problems may be temporary.
  • In both the Jacuzzi and the Deluxe rooms the AC is located in a way that is blows cold air straight onto the bed. Neither I or my girls enjoyed sleeping in cold wind all night.
  • The entrance to the rooms at the back of the restaurant looks more like a restaurant storage area than a hotel. "Look same bar lady room" one of my girls said when we were walking inside.
  • Both rooms had quite a lot of stains on the floor. Otherwise the cleaning was good, but the stains remained. One of my girls tried her makeup remover on one of the stains and it was dissolved immediately. Maybe give the cleaning lady something stronger to remove the stains?
  • The locked security door does not offer much security, as it is open most of the time.
  • Once when I and my lady arrived at 1am there was no one at the reception and we had to wait outside for 30 minutes before someone appeared.

This review may seem somewhat negative, but remember that I'm used to staying at hotels at three or four times the cost of China garden.

• 2 months later...

hi all....i'm thinking of staying at the china garden hotel, in jan...just a little thing..can you smell food from down stair's....and how noisey is it in your room at night.... :001_Thank_You5:

Hi,

No there is no kitchen smells and the area is generally quiet...thanks

ian

Hi,

No there is no kitchen smells and the area is generally quiet...thanks

ian

thank's for reply Ian :001_Thank_You5: can't wait for the 13 jan....

Hi guys, thanks for the many emails and I am sorry to be sending so many "Sorry" replies.. just to say we are fully booked for July, August, September, October and large parts of November & December. I will post dates and cancellations on here if anything comes up!

Thank you again for the wonderful response for P.A

Ian

Hi Ian,

What is your avaliabilty from JAN01 to JAN14 2012

Hi Ian,

What is your avaliabilty from JAN01 to JAN14 2012

Hi,

Its not great, we had a lot of early bookings. Nothing until the 8th January 2012 for your dates. cheers

thank you for nice stay, if you can get a room here you are a lucky customer

Today (29.October) I booked jacuzzi room in December for 14 days. I was shocked they had free rooms! Especially jacuzzi room.

2012-03-13_160433.jpg

Today (29.October) I booked jacuzzi room in December for 14 days. I was shocked they had free rooms! Especially jacuzzi room.

How much are you paying for the jacuzzi room mate?

hi all....been trying to find some picture's of the deluxe room's at the china garden.....the other room's look great..

hi all....been trying to find some picture's of the deluxe room's at the china garden.....the other room's look great..

The bed, furniture and bathroom are exactly the same, but the rooms are much smaller and they only have small windows(no balcony)But 500 baht low season, you'll not get better at this price

Archived