IGNORED

China Garden Hotel Soi Lenkee- Review

sluminit

The Soi Buakow area now has a new player in the fantastic room market to rival those at Chow Soi. For a long time, Dave's rooms at Chow Soi have been known as the largest and best equipped in the area. Now China Garden is attempting to do the same.

I stayed for 4 nights last week and was treated to a nice discount on one of the jacuzzi rooms as it was my Birthday. When I arrived and checked in at the counter in the restaurant on the ground floor, I was surprised at the standard of the finish in the restaurant. It is fitted out to a standard and style generally only found in 4 Star hotels, not in the Buakow area. Large tables, comfortable chairs, and stylish tableware make it an excellent place to dine. There has however been enough on another thread about the food so I'll only say that what I ate was excellent, massively portioned, and stunning value.

Going up to the room, a lot of thought has been put in even down to the doors. Your teeluk should be impressed before you even get to your room.

On entering said room, wow! The jacuzzi is not hidden away in the bathroom, but is a massive feature in one of the corners of the living area. Above it is a bath to ceiling mirror, and on the opposite wall an LCD TV and video so you can watch whatever mucky movies you want as you bubble about in the bath with a teeluk or two, and catch all sides of your ladies in the mirror.. The tub is easily big enough for three and a lovely feature is the adjustable underwater lighting that glows thru a number of funky colors at the press of a button. The pillows attached to the thing also make soaking in it a delight.

Just past the jacuzzi is the bathroom which is again of an excellent standard. None of the bolt on wall-showers usually found in guest houses, but a plumbed in Rain-head shower in a room length, glass cubicle. Well-designed porcelain-ware and gleaming chrome make this too a nice place to share. A nice touch is the complimentary soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo etc, meaning an instant freshen-up straight after your journey.

Then to the sleeping area. The bed is a KIng-Size Slumberland and the most comfortable I have slept in in almost any hotel, let alone one in Pattaya. The duvet also was not a cheapo and screamed at you to relax when you got under it. Opposite the bed, you've got a 42" LCD and video on your wall, as if the one by the tub isn't enuf. Multiple lighting options means you can adjust the ambience at leisure. The bathroom had the free soap etc. and here you get complimentary tea and coffe, plus, never seen before in Thailand, a complimentary pack of condoms. An excellent thought for those who forget. Sleeping here is a delight. There is almost no street noise after dark, and little traffic during the day. The curtains also have black-out material on the back meaning it stays dark when they are pulled, even in blinding Pattaya sunlight. Sleeping late will never be a problem. The air-con is quiet and very quick to work and there's a fan/ionizer for those who don't like air-con. Finally, there is an electronic safe big enough for cameras and lap-tops in the wardrobe.

I only met Ian, the owner, briefly but he was extremely helpful as were the staff. Cleaning seemed to be done whenever you left the room, be it early or late, and this left it spotless and included fresh towels everyday.

All in all, the place is excellent. All you will need at very high standards at great value. 2 of the ladies who saw the room could not believe it cost lest then 2,000 baht per nite, and Ian's asking 1,200 in high season. The smaller rooms without a jacuzzi start at around 600 and have the same stuff inside. Beats any hotel in town at that price, and you've got a nmassive place with a jacuzzi.

So then, a great find. Beautifully designed, expensively decorated with stylish furniture and fittings, great food downstairs, and exceptional value.

Chow Soi still rates highly, but at least it's now got some competition when it comes to quality. Those of you who cannot get a room at Chow Soi, will not be disappointed in anyway if you book here as an alternative.

Well done Ian; hope to be back soon.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you got contact details

Goggle's your friend, mate: http://www.chinagardenpattaya.com

sluminit, where abouts on Lenkee is it? Can't remember seeing that place being done up back in January.

It's a "new" place, I think.

It's about in the middle/near Soi Buakow on your left hand from Soi Buakow.

Cheers for the review mate, I'm booked to stay there in December and from what you are saying it looks like i've made a good choice, will check it out when I go to patts next month and say hello to Ian and have some food there.

Thanks for the review,

I am checking in next week and excited as can be

Thanks for the review. will check in there in 19 days for a week, sounds really good.

skeeter p will you still be there the 20th ?

Steffe82

Thanks for the review. will check in there in 19 days for a week, sounds really good.

skeeter p will you still be there the 20th ?

Yeah i am leaving on the 21st,

We should grab a bite and a drink before i go

Yeah i am leaving on the 21st,

We should grab a bite and a drink before i go

it would be gr8 to have a drink with you, the plan is to join perthi´s Soi6 crawl the 20th, does you have any plans on that

Steffe82

it would be gr8 to have a drink with you, the plan is to join perthi´s soi6 crawl the 20th, does you have any plans on that

Oh yeah, I will be there with bells on!

The Soi Buakow area now has a new player in the fantastic room market to rival those at Chow Soi. For a long time, Dave's rooms at Chow Soi have been known as the largest and best equipped in the area. Now China Garden is attempting to do the same.

I stayed for 4 nights last week and was treated to a nice discount on one of the jacuzzi rooms as it was my Birthday. When I arrived and checked in at the counter in the restaurant on the ground floor, I was surprised at the standard of the finish in the restaurant. It is fitted out to a standard and style generally only found in 4 Star hotels, not in the Buakow area. Large tables, comfortable chairs, and stylish tableware make it an excellent place to dine. There has however been enough on another thread about the food so I'll only say that what I ate was excellent, massively portioned, and stunning value.

Going up to the room, a lot of thought has been put in even down to the doors. Your teeluk should be impressed before you even get to your room.

On entering said room, wow! The jacuzzi is not hidden away in the bathroom, but is a massive feature in one of the corners of the living area. Above it is a bath to ceiling mirror, and on the opposite wall an LCD TV and video so you can watch whatever mucky movies you want as you bubble about in the bath with a teeluk or two, and catch all sides of your ladies in the mirror.. The tub is easily big enough for three and a lovely feature is the adjustable underwater lighting that glows thru a number of funky colors at the press of a button. The pillows attached to the thing also make soaking in it a delight.

Just past the jacuzzi is the bathroom which is again of an excellent standard. None of the bolt on wall-showers usually found in guest houses, but a plumbed in Rain-head shower in a room length, glass cubicle. Well-designed porcelain-ware and gleaming chrome make this too a nice place to share. A nice touch is the complimentary soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo etc, meaning an instant freshen-up straight after your journey.

Then to the sleeping area. The bed is a KIng-Size Slumberland and the most comfortable I have slept in in almost any hotel, let alone one in Pattaya. The duvet also was not a cheapo and screamed at you to relax when you got under it. Opposite the bed, you've got a 42" LCD and video on your wall, as if the one by the tub isn't enuf. Multiple lighting options means you can adjust the ambience at leisure. The bathroom had the free soap etc. and here you get complimentary tea and coffe, plus, never seen before in Thailand, a complimentary pack of condoms. An excellent thought for those who forget. Sleeping here is a delight. There is almost no street noise after dark, and little traffic during the day. The curtains also have black-out material on the back meaning it stays dark when they are pulled, even in blinding Pattaya sunlight. Sleeping late will never be a problem. The air-con is quiet and very quick to work and there's a fan/ionizer for those who don't like air-con. Finally, there is an electronic safe big enough for cameras and lap-tops in the wardrobe.

I only met Ian, the owner, briefly but he was extremely helpful as were the staff. Cleaning seemed to be done whenever you left the room, be it early or late, and this left it spotless and included fresh towels everyday.

All in all, the place is excellent. All you will need at very high standards at great value. 2 of the ladies who saw the room could not believe it cost lest then 2,000 baht per nite, and Ian's asking 1,200 in high season. The smaller rooms without a jacuzzi start at around 600 and have the same stuff inside. Beats any hotel in town at that price, and you've got a nmassive place with a jacuzzi.

So then, a great find. Beautifully designed, expensively decorated with stylish furniture and fittings, great food downstairs, and exceptional value.

Chow Soi still rates highly, but at least it's now got some competition when it comes to quality. Those of you who cannot get a room at Chow Soi, will not be disappointed in anyway if you book here as an alternative.

Well done Ian; hope to be back soon.

Sounds great.Worth a look ore really booking for november.Thanks for review.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Cheers for the detailed review and I look forward to seeing Skeeter & friends soon!

Any request for booknigs can be sent to [email protected]

Good review, can someone take some pics inside the rooms as there is not much to go on the website.

What are the bookings like in Nov/Dec at the moment??. Plan on staying for 2 to 3 mths in Thailand. Normally stay at Areca Evergreen but as Im in Patts for maybe 8 weeks I wanted some somewhere near by in that Areca area. Thinking of staying in The Avenue apartments at 15000b per mth but the real estate agent said call back closer to your departure date as owners dont want to commit yet its too early !!!!

great review... :001_Thank_You5:

I'm looking for place to stay in Sept, may check it out.

Dayo...

Good review, can someone take some pics inside the rooms as there is not much to go on the website.

What are the bookings like in Nov/Dec at the moment??. Plan on staying for 2 to 3 mths in Thailand. Normally stay at Areca Evergreen but as Im in Patts for maybe 8 weeks I wanted some somewhere near by in that Areca area. Thinking of staying in The Avenue apartments at 15000b per mth but the real estate agent said call back closer to your departure date as owners dont want to commit yet its too early !!!!

More pictures you can find here (rooms, restaurante etc.):

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/67565-china-garden-restaurant-boutique-hotel-opening-soon/page__st__60

For longer staying and price contact Ian by e-mail.

muhara

Thanks for that, sounds like my kind of place. I am not familiar with Soi Buakao or Buakhao? Does anyone have a map link please. Googled with no luck. Is this by Soi Diana, that area? The website has no map, but I will email them as well, cheers.

Thanks for that, sounds like my kind of place. I am not familiar with Soi Buakao or Buakhao? Does anyone have a map link please. Googled with no luck. Is this by Soi Diana, that area? The website has no map, but I will email them as well, cheers.

It is by Soi Diana. The hotel is on Soi Leng kee. If you are going down Soi Diana from 2nd road, the first major street crossing is Soi Buakhao. Once you cross Soi Buakhao the street becomes Soi Leng Kee and from the description sounds like China Garden is half way down Soi Leng kee. See photoguide link below for picture of Soi Leng Kee

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?Y5uRUGvrkczB9CAA

Note: you won't see China Garden in the photo guide since the pictures are a few years old but it should help you find the location.

Hey guys this is Skeeter P and i am arriving late on the night of the 13th May,

If any PA bm's who are staying at the China garden want to have quick meet and great on the 14th or 15th of May l am buying the 1st round!

Well I have just booked for all of Nov/Dec..now the waiting ! :ThumbDown1:

Just got in my room.... Just awesome!

Very glad you like the Jacuzzi room.... I am sure you will have lots of fun!

Cheers

Ian

We are filling up quickly thanks to the BM's feedback so thx, plenty of deluxe (standard rooms) available all year!

Very glad you like the Jacuzzi room.... I am sure you will have lots of fun!

Cheers

Ian

We are filling up quickly thanks to the BM's feedback so thx, plenty of deluxe (standard rooms) available all year!

Any info on prices looking for a room november 9 and 10. Website says under construction.

Cheers.

My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a BITCH!

Just got in my room.... Just awesome!

Make sure you give us a honest review of the room/s Im there in Novmber , any pics would be good.

Any pictures of the standard rooms?

Do they have balconies?

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Goggle's your friend, mate: http://www.chinagardenpattaya.com

sluminit, where abouts on Lenkee is it? Can't remember seeing that place being done up back in January.

The website is still under construction - maybe when finished it will have location map and some photos of the rooms ? I'm also interested to know what 'electric water' is !

Archived