IGNORED

China Garden Hotel Soi Lenkee- Review

sluminit

I booked a room for one week late June.

Just to let you know, the Jaccuzzi rooms are fully booked until October :)

1st TR : A Time of Smiles

2nd TR : Good to be Back

3rd TR : The Spinners Tour

Memories of the past is what makes you live to see the future.

"It's my life, It's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just wanna live while I'm alive!" -Bon Jovi

And remember : Nothing is True, Everything is Possible!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emailed & pmed Ian about the possibility of booking 4 standard/deluxe rooms from 19th-24th May 2012. Availibility of a dedicated car park is a must since we will be driving down on our own from Bangkok. awaiting an early reply....

No dedicated car park to my knowledge, there is a car park in front of hotel opposite (Opey de Place?) that is chargable as a non resident in the hotel that owns the car park. A girl who brought her car to visit last yeat had to pay something like 40 or 50 baht for a overnight space

hey guys what about the noise level??? is it very noisy in the surrounding and difficult to sleep during the night times or is it quite peaceful ??? well....i am already planning my second trip guys!! lol !!! and this time am on a strict budget as i have spend all my money in my trip which ended yesterday!!! so i guess China Garden is a very good option for me!!!! But i prefer peaceful place over the noisy ones!! So any suggestion about it???

Some say that the Karaoke bar next door in noisy, but I didnt notice it! And stayed in both the Jacuzzi room on the first floor and a regular room on first and second floor! But if the noise is a problem for you just ask for a room on second or even better on third floor!

PM The Viking for info!

PM Lukas7 for Ladyboy info!

Trip report co-written with Thumbscrew and The Viking

Some say that the Karaoke bar next door in noisy, but I didnt notice it! And stayed in both the Jacuzzi room on the first floor and a regular room on first and second floor! But if the noise is a problem for you just ask for a room on second or even better on third floor!

thanks a lot for your reply boss!!! lets see..if they give me a positive response tomorrow...will request for a room on the second or the third floor!!! thanks once again!!!!!

Hi Guys,

We have had a couple of "no shows", this kind of thing is a real pain for us as we turn away many other bookings. If you cannot arrive please try to email as far in advance as possible, those who simply dont arrive go on my "Naughty Boy list" and will never be able to book again.

OK so we have these rooms available right now, including gap's

Jacuzzi Room 104, from 31st March, check out 7th April

Deluxe room 102 from 4th April, check out 9th April

Deluxe room 201 from 3rd April, check out 8th April

Deluxe Room 202 from 31st March , check out 3rd April

Deluxe room 203 from 1st April, check out 4th April

Deluxe room 301 from 2nd April, check out 7th April

Deluxe room 302 from 31st March , check out 10th April

Deluxe room 303 from 1st April, check out 6th April

Anyone interested please email me at [email protected]

Jacuzzi rooms is 1,500 until the end of April, then drops to 1000..... Deluxe are 800 baht dropping to 650 baht

cheers

ian

Hi Guys,

We have had a couple of "no shows", this kind of thing is a real pain for us as we turn away many other bookings. If you cannot arrive please try to email as far in advance as possible, those who simply dont arrive go on my "Naughty Boy list" and will never be able to book again.

Jacuzzi rooms is 1,500 until the end of April, then drops to 1000..... Deluxe are 800 baht dropping to 650 baht

cheers

ian

Hi Guys,

cheers

ian

a very nice hotel at this prices, i assure u wont regret. cheers

A couple more no shows today, it terrible when this happens.

Anyway we have several rooms available from today until 10th April. . .. anyone in town needing a room people email me at [email protected]

Hi me and my 2 buddies will be in patts arriving 4 May early morning till 10 May. I have already booked another hotel but seeing the positive review wud like to try CGP this time round. Do you think you will have 3 deluxe rooms for 650 baht. Cheers.

Hi me and my 2 buddies will be in patts arriving 4 May early morning till 10 May. I have already booked another hotel but seeing the positive review wud like to try CGP this time round. Do you think you will have 3 deluxe rooms for 650 baht. Cheers.

Hi iMax,

I am fully booked for that period, I have just 3 nights from the 4th May in 2 rooms. Maybe next time, cheers. Ian

Too bad.... Ian.. I was looking forward to staying there including my mates especially after they saw the reviews... I have send u a mail and let's keep a note to see if there are any last minute openings.. Cheers

Hi Guys,

We just had a cancellation for Deluxe Room 101, its now available for 800 baht a night from

10th April to 5th May

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

We just had a cancellation for Deluxe Room 101, its now available for 800 baht a night from

10th April to 5th May

[email protected]

Do you still have these rooms from 4th to 6th May?

I've already dropped you mail regarding this.

Do you still have these rooms from 4th to 6th May?

I've already dropped you mail regarding this.

Booked now, sorry.

Still have

Deluxe room 203 available from 14th April, check out 28th April

[email protected]

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reviews, this hotel looks amazing and good price for value.

I will defenitely book it for July!

We just repainted all the public area's and added a skirting board.... we will always try to keep on top on standards, I hope we can accomodate you in July.

cheers

ian

Hi Guys,

We have a few openings in July due to late cancellations. Please feel free to email me personally at [email protected] if there is something your interested in.

Thanks,

Ian

Deluxe room 650 baht per night, sorry the Jacuzzi rooms are all fully booked.

Deluxe Room 101 - 13th July - check out 20th July

Deluxe Room 103 - 3rd July - check out 20th July

Deluxe Room 203 - 8th July - check out 1st Aug

• 3 weeks later...

Ian is not responding via email and pm about reservations.So how can we make a reservation??

Ian is not responding via email and pm about reservations.So how can we make a reservation??

I booked on their website but I have had no reply as well. I'm afraid if they can't even reply to emails efficiently then why would why would I trust them to provide me with accommodation. I'm booking elsewhere now - but that is the first hurdle for me when booking accommodation: if they can't even answer a damned email why would I want to trust them with my money now or any time. I would advise you to make a reservation elsewhere as well. With a hotel that does reply to your emails :GoldenSmile1:

I booked on their website but I have had no reply as well. I'm afraid if they can't even reply to emails efficiently then why would why would I trust them to provide me with accommodation. I'm booking elsewhere now - but that is the first hurdle for me when booking accommodation: if they can't even answer a damned email why would I want to trust them with my money now or any time. I would advise you to make a reservation elsewhere as well. With a hotel that does reply to your emails :GoldenSmile1:

I had the opposite experience with them.I sent an email to them yesterday and received one back today confirming bookings.

Not sure why you have had this issue.

Sorry if I am ever late with replying to emails, our website sometimes seems to chew them up and make them dissapear. If you fail to get a response please do try my personal email at [email protected]

Thanks,

Ian

The Soi Buakow area now has a new player in the fantastic room market to rival those at Chow Soi. For a long time, Dave's rooms at Chow Soi have been known as the largest and best equipped in the area. Now China Garden is attempting to do the same.

I stayed for 4 nights last week and was treated to a nice discount on one of the jacuzzi rooms as it was my Birthday. When I arrived and checked in at the counter in the restaurant on the ground floor, I was surprised at the standard of the finish in the restaurant. It is fitted out to a standard and style generally only found in 4 Star hotels, not in the Buakow area. Large tables, comfortable chairs, and stylish tableware make it an excellent place to dine. There has however been enough on another thread about the food so I'll only say that what I ate was excellent, massively portioned, and stunning value.

Going up to the room, a lot of thought has been put in even down to the doors. Your teeluk should be impressed before you even get to your room.

On entering said room, wow! The jacuzzi is not hidden away in the bathroom, but is a massive feature in one of the corners of the living area. Above it is a bath to ceiling mirror, and on the opposite wall an LCD TV and video so you can watch whatever mucky movies you want as you bubble about in the bath with a teeluk or two, and catch all sides of your ladies in the mirror.. The tub is easily big enough for three and a lovely feature is the adjustable underwater lighting that glows thru a number of funky colors at the press of a button. The pillows attached to the thing also make soaking in it a delight.

Just past the jacuzzi is the bathroom which is again of an excellent standard. None of the bolt on wall-showers usually found in guest houses, but a plumbed in Rain-head shower in a room length, glass cubicle. Well-designed porcelain-ware and gleaming chrome make this too a nice place to share. A nice touch is the complimentary soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo etc, meaning an instant freshen-up straight after your journey.

Then to the sleeping area. The bed is a KIng-Size Slumberland and the most comfortable I have slept in in almost any hotel, let alone one in Pattaya. The duvet also was not a cheapo and screamed at you to relax when you got under it. Opposite the bed, you've got a 42" LCD and video on your wall, as if the one by the tub isn't enuf. Multiple lighting options means you can adjust the ambience at leisure. The bathroom had the free soap etc. and here you get complimentary tea and coffe, plus, never seen before in Thailand, a complimentary pack of condoms. An excellent thought for those who forget. Sleeping here is a delight. There is almost no street noise after dark, and little traffic during the day. The curtains also have black-out material on the back meaning it stays dark when they are pulled, even in blinding Pattaya sunlight. Sleeping late will never be a problem. The air-con is quiet and very quick to work and there's a fan/ionizer for those who don't like air-con. Finally, there is an electronic safe big enough for cameras and lap-tops in the wardrobe.

I only met Ian, the owner, briefly but he was extremely helpful as were the staff. Cleaning seemed to be done whenever you left the room, be it early or late, and this left it spotless and included fresh towels everyday.

All in all, the place is excellent. All you will need at very high standards at great value. 2 of the ladies who saw the room could not believe it cost lest then 2,000 baht per nite, and Ian's asking 1,200 in high season. The smaller rooms without a jacuzzi start at around 600 and have the same stuff inside. Beats any hotel in town at that price, and you've got a nmassive place with a jacuzzi.

So then, a great find. Beautifully designed, expensively decorated with stylish furniture and fittings, great food downstairs, and exceptional value.

Chow Soi still rates highly, but at least it's now got some competition when it comes to quality. Those of you who cannot get a room at Chow Soi, will not be disappointed in anyway if you book here as an alternative.

Well done Ian; hope to be back soon.

HEY THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. IT 'LL HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE. I LL STAY NEXT TIME THERE. WHAT IS THE COST?

Archived