Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Leeds United Thread

gazO

On 10/07/2020 at 01:01, davidge said:

Wait until Sunday :GoldenSmile1:

:Laugh1:

9 hours ago, gazO said:

Is this the win 

Awesome commentary again from Bryn Law brings goose bumps.  Sums up how we felt after such a tense game. Must have watched this clip over 100 times now.

It's great. All that ball possession, and retaining it under pressure. In the end it was a great sweeping move down the channel. 

As much as Pablo swept it home with aplomb, the hard work was done down the right as the movement committed more players and had them chasing shadows. And that stepover dummy; beautiful. 

Let's have more of these please

On 11/07/2020 at 19:11, qqwert said:

RIP Jack

Also best manager Rep. of Ireland ever had!

Probably the most favourite Englishman ever in the Irish history ... 

Give em a lash Jack ... The crowd used to say at the match ,  Big Jack brought Underrated Irish team to the quarter final ... Many irish are saddened over Big Jack departure ... RIP .. 

• Like 2

I have a feeling that Liverpool’s Miller will move to Leeds for a new season , he always said he wanted to go back to finish off his career.. I think it is a perfect time for him to move back to his root . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jocky king said:

I have a feeling that Liverpool’s Miller will move to Leeds for a new season , he always said he wanted to go back to finish off his career.. I think it is a perfect time for him to move back to his root . 

James Milner best free transfer Liverpool have ever had, gives 100% every game and the ultimate professional with attitude and fitness. Hope he plays one more season though Jocky for Liverpool though before moving to Leeds?

Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips is set to miss the final three games of the Championship season with a knee injury.

The 24-year-old Englishman has made 40 appearances for the leaders in 2019-20, scoring twice.

The Whites are six points clear of third-placed Brentford.

Should Brentford fail to beat Preston on Wednesday, Leeds can seal a return to the Premier League after 16 years with a win over Barnsley on Thursday.

Manager Marcelo Bielsa has said that defender Ben White will fill in for Phillips, who is likely to be sidelined for four to five weeks.

(BBC)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 13/07/2020 at 19:11, jocky king said:

I'd drive him across the Pennines myself.

13 hours ago, davidge said:

Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips is set to miss the final three games of the Championship season with a knee injury.

The 24-year-old Englishman has made 40 appearances for the leaders in 2019-20, scoring twice.

The Whites are six points clear of third-placed Brentford.

Should Brentford fail to beat Preston on Wednesday, Leeds can seal a return to the Premier league after 16 years with a win over Barnsley on Thursday.

Manager Marcelo Bielsa has said that defender Ben White will fill in for Phillips, who is likely to be sidelined for four to five weeks.

(BBC)

Yes it's nervous calculator time.

If Preston beat Brentford a point from any of the last three games will do.

If it is a draw, two points.

With West Brom and Fulham drawing, it is all in our own hands.

Well that was a lucky win but I will take that at this point in the season. We have played much better and lost.

Shame for Barnsley played football and were the better team, not like some teams parked the bus and had one shot and won.

Ex Leeds Mowat had a good performance but took out Costa and it looked bad.

Leeds looked tired and pressured at times. On to Derby 1 from 2 to secure the dream.

8 hours ago, gazO said:

Well that was a lucky win but I will take that at this point in the season. We have played much better and lost.

Shame for Barnsley played football and were the better team, not like some teams parked the bus and had one shot and won.

Ex Leeds Mowat had a good performance but took out Costa and it looked bad.

Leeds looked tired and pressured at times. On to Derby 1 from 2 to secure the dream.

I think the nerves showed in the second half, Bielsa was raging at times.

Still, 3 points in the bag - only one to get in the last two games.

We missed Phillips in last nights game. Ben White out of position made both defence and mid field a little dis jointed. Phillips is great at repelling other teams attacks and setting off counter attacks with his precise passing. Barnsley did play well and deserved at least a point. Bielsa was certainly worried. Substituting our best attacking option Jack Harrison for Struijk I thought was crazy at the time, but turned out to be a great tactical move as their attacking threat lessened in the last 20 minutes.

With an increasing injury list now just want it over as soon as possible. Come on Huddersfield!!!

1 hour ago, Rambuttri village said:

We missed Phillips in last nights game. Ben White out of position made both defence and mid field a little dis jointed. Phillips is great at repelling other teams attacks and setting off counter attacks with his precise passing. Barnsley did play well and deserved at least a point. Bielsa was certainly worried. Substituting our best attacking option Jack Harrison for Struijk I thought was crazy at the time, but turned out to be a great tactical move as their attacking threat lessened in the last 20 minutes.

With an increasing injury list now just want it over as soon as possible. Come on Huddersfield!!!

We`re fighting for our lives and  could desperately do with the win, im not overly optimistic though after that last home performance v Luton, a shower of shit is being polite.Football always throws up surprises though, losing to Luton then beating West Brom would be ironic, you fulfilled your part of the bargain by beating our relegation fight rivals Barnsley, not sure if we`ll reciprocate.:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No horse in the race really but it's quite pleasing to see Leeds on the verge of going back up.

I am just long enough in the tooth to remember a time when they were in the latter stages of the CL etc!

Congratulations to Leeds on promotion to the Premier League.

Best team in the Championship this season.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, vimto66 said:

We`re fighting for our lives and  could desperately do with the win, im not overly optimistic though after that last home performance v Luton, a shower of shit is being polite.Football always throws up surprises though, losing to Luton then beating West Brom would be ironic, you fulfilled your part of the bargain by beating our relegation fight rivals Barnsley, not sure if we`ll reciprocate.:unsure:

"not sure if we'll reciprocate"

Never in doubt mate!! :Bravo1::Drunk_Party:

28 minutes ago, Rambuttri village said:

"not sure if we'll reciprocate"

Never in doubt mate!! :Bravo1::Drunk_Party:

I was,:Da great rearguard action set us up and a superbly worked goal did the job, i knew we had one last `performance` in the tanks but our recent lack of goals didnt fill me with confidence,  everyones happy!

Edited by vimto66

On 13/07/2020 at 19:11, jocky king said:

Taken one year ago in pre-season training.

3C7F6050-43B8-4D74-9F77-F776E85421BA.jpeg

7AF5BF09-AD99-44C2-A81F-BC74BD7B9F25.jpeg

Well done Leeds. Used to go to games back in the nineties because my mates followed them, had some fun back then.

When was the last time they had a Yorkshire derby (Sheffield United) in the top flight ?

9 hours ago, C Crest said:

No horse in the race really but it's quite pleasing to see Leeds on the verge of going back up.

I am just long enough in the tooth to remember a time when they were in the latter stages of the CL etc!

I am long enough in the tooth to remember promotion in 1964 my God 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now to Derby and be crowned Champions and stick it up the cry baby team. After all that shit last season, shame Lampard is not still manager