Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Leeds United Thread

gazO

1 hour ago, sauvignon said:

I read a twitter thread this week where an American guy had just watched "Take Us Home" and was completely intrigued. I think he was just a sport(s) fan and had channel-hopped onto the documentary, looking for something.

He then asked the LUFC twitter world  - if I decide to become a Leeds fan, what should I expect ?

The response was overwhelmingly a combination of "Welcome." Followed by  "joy and heartache" "heartache and joy".

Well yes, it's a roller coaster - we seldom do mid-table mediocrity.

It has however given me great joy and colour to my life - I wouldn't regret it for a moment.

Life supporting a constantly successful 'glory team' must be so tedious by comparison.

I remember some prat saying on TV 'you shouldn't take it too seriously'.

That's the whole bloody point!

21 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

I remember some prat saying on TV 'you shouldn't take it too seriously'.

That's the whole bloody point!

Basically hes right compared to other things in life, but as you`re no doubt aware going to the match can be the focus point of the whole week, when we`ve had important games coming up its on our minds all week.The feeling of elation after a great win is one of the best feelings there is, then the despondency and disappointment after losing a vital game is one of the worst there is too.

Its true that its only a game, but football plays a massive part in many peoples lives, i get pissed off with my team as much as anyone but i always go back for more, its just the way we are.

• Like 1

Norman's last visit to Elland Road   RIP

Norman Hunter's coffin is carried onto the pitch at Elland Road

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is thankfully looking increasingly the case that declaring the 2019/20 season 'null and void' is off the table.

Even if there is no resumption of the 9 remaining games there is no possible footballing criteria that doesn't put Leeds in the top two.

'No relegation' from the Premier league is also looking very unlikely after this weeks meetings.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely torn on what I want with regards to season ending. I'm just worried if we play our games, we may collapse. It's hard being so close!

On 15/05/2020 at 07:56, gazO said:

Happy days.

Great vid but doesn't half remind you of some of the dross we've had. Sanchez Watt :D

Alan Fulton and Chris Goodwin outside the Old Trafford

Two Leeds United fans have completed a grueling 41-mile trek from Old Trafford to Elland Road in a bid to raise money for charity.

The two 29-year-olds decided to push themselves even further and set off from outside Manchester United's ground at 5am on Tuesday, May 21.

On 25/05/2020 at 05:25, gazO said:

Alan Fulton and Chris Goodwin outside the Old Trafford

Two Leeds United fans have completed a grueling 41-mile trek from Old Trafford to Elland Road in a bid to raise money for charity.

The two 29-year-olds decided to push themselves even further and set off from outside Manchester United's ground at 5am on Tuesday, May 21.

Good for them, but would have been even more grueling if they'd had to trek TO Old Trafford.

• Like 1

For anyone in the UK or with access to ITV4 there is a documentary on Friday night at 10pm called "When football changed forever" about the last season of the old first division 25 years ago.

life is like Oral sex ...........one slip of the tongue and your in the shit!!

1 hour ago, qqwert said:

For anyone in the UK or with access to ITV4 there is a documentary on Friday night at 10pm called "When football changed forever" about the last season of the old first division 25 years ago.

Only thing that's 4am for me so I will have to give it a miss 

15 hours ago, qqwert said:

I thought sky invented football in 1992-3.:huh: 

Edited by vimto66
  • Haha 3

Good to see the bottle jobs back in training. Roll on 20th June, I think everyone needs something to laugh about at the moment 

Good news that Jack Harrison looks likely to stay at Elland Road - he has come on a lot this season.

• Like 2

Looks like one of the Leeds youth team Robbie Gotts has tested positive for Covid 19.  

Have my doubts about the Championship season starting. Also have doubts about PL season starting. 

Confident we will go up either way.

First 2 games on Sky I see, Cardiff A and Fulham H.

Should be interesting with no fans present, any effect on home teams?

Fixture List out:

June 21st: Cardiff (A) 12.30pm

June 27th Fulham (H) 3pm

June 30th Luton (H) 7.45pm

July 4th Blackburn (A) 3pm

July 7th Stoke City (H) 7.45pm

July 11th Swansea (A) 3pm

July 14th Barnsley (H) 7.45pm

July 18th Derby (A) 3pm

July 22nd Charlton (H) time tbc.

12 hours ago, gazO said:

Its going to be weird for all teams, an unprecedented situation could lead to some strange unexpected results.Its going to be strange for teams who eventually gain promotion, happy to go up but tempered by no celebrations etc, celebratory times turning into bit of a damp squib.Even when the season ends there will be complaints from other teams who got relegated or just missed out on promotion, it really is a shit situation.

Edited by vimto66

On 09/06/2020 at 02:47, gazO said:

Maybe they can follow the Korean team's example that bought glamorous sex dolls to fill some of the seats. 

Looked very cute, though large breasted Yorkshire lasses would be a better model, like that blonde that fronts (in every sense)

Leeds United TV match coverage.

A few Nora Batty look-alikes would soon fill up the East Stand.