IGNORED

Leeds United Thread

gazO

Searched and amazed no one opened a thread on Leeds.

Not a glory hunter as they are top of the championship this morning, until West Brom play at Wigan tonight.

Followed Leeds since 1964 my dad and granddad (Hunslet) born got me hooked. Once a white always a white.

Had massive highs and lows over 50 plus years. Can dream a return to the promised land after 15 years away.

• Thanks 3

Still at the top, shock WBA drew at Wigan. They rested some players, never take any team for granted in this league.

Leeds and West Brom as good as up already. Fulham playing sh*te recently and all the other teams beating each other.

Both need to lose 3 or 4 for anyone to catch them.

Leeds, West Brom and Fulham have easily the strongest squads in the Championship. It does look as if Leeds & West Brom will go up, but there’s a long way to go. West Brom are pretty dour and not much fun to watch but are likely to keep grinding out results. If Leeds don’t go up then it’s likely to be a mental/emotional  issue again as they play the best all round football in the division.

Fulham in play-offs. After that, pretty much any 3 from 15 to join them. I see a lot of Championship football as a Swansea season ticket holder and the general level is pretty poor tbh. Any team (except maybe bottom 5 or 6) could go on a run and get to the play-offs. 

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I tipped Fulham for automatic at the beginning of the season, although they`re up there they dont have the consistency that Leeds have so thats why i reckon Leeds and West Brom will get promoted,  Leeds haven`t conceded many either this season, they`re proving very hard to score against.After choking last season Leeds will be doubly determined but wont be counting their chickens, Bielsa will see to that.

There, wasnt that a nice post by one of your neighbours.:wink:

4 hours ago, vimto66 said:

I tipped Fulham for automatic at the beginning of the season, although they`re up there they dont have the consistency that Leeds have so thats why i reckon Leeds and West Brom will get promoted,  Leeds haven`t conceded many either this season, they`re proving very hard to score against.After choking last season Leeds will be doubly determined but wont be counting their chickens, Bielsa will see to that.

There, wasnt that a nice post by one of your neighbours.:wink:

Thanks for the post. You had a good win at Charlton.  

8 hours ago, gazO said:

Thanks for the post. You had a good win at Charlton.  

Certainly left it late thats for sure, after 7 defeats in the first 8 games it looked dire, but under the cowleys town have started to put points n the board, long way to go, there will be disappointments but hopefully enough good days to see us to safety.

Stunned 3-0 up and playing Cardiff off the park, with the chances 6 would not have been flattering.

Then 3 mistakes and its 3-3 thats the championship for you. 

Yesterday we learned of the sad passing of Rod Johnson, former Leeds United forward and one of Don Revie’s original talented crop of youngsters RIP

• Like 2

Another trip to the capital and lost, should have had a draw at least but as I say before that is the championship. Roll on boxing day Preston at home late game on sky. MOT

9 hours ago, gazO said:

Another trip to the capital and lost, should have had a draw at least but as I say before that is the championship. Roll on boxing day Preston at home late game on sky. MOT

Yeah. That was an opportunity .

How that was a penalty I don't know. It was barely a touchh 

Great thread.

When I was in Pattaya a few weeks ago I went to I Rovers to watch Leeds play live, they have 3-4 TVs showing LUTV there was plenty of support.

life is like Oral sex ...........one slip of the tongue and your in the shit!!

The young Leeds United fan wasn't impressed with Ashley Young's offer

When he tried to give Eddie Franks a bag full of Manchester United kit, the four-year-old Leeds fan was not impressed.

Eddie's dad Lee said: "He came over and said: 'Hello mate, I brought you a United shirt' and Eddie said: 'Eww, yuck!'

"He handed him a bag full off Man U stuff and I said: 'He's already got a United shirt mate, the right United.'

image.png.35fead251fe5fee5b7189dbb2dfee8df.png

• Haha 3

I think this will be the Year Leeds get promoted, but I thought that last year as well. I desperately want them back in the Premier League it means there will be a lot more interesting and meaningful games as opposed to a full games for a neutral to watch. I also think Bielsa will do well in the Premier League with a similar effect to that of Nuno at Wolves.

I can't stand West Brom though from their Tony Pulis days so hope they get stuck in the Championship.

My God this game against Preston was a hard point to get. Looked like Leeds had just come from the pub for the first half never seen them play so disjointed or lack of effort while MB has been in charge.

A slight improvement in the 2nd half had enough chances to win but Leeds did not deserve to, Preston did the homework slow the game, many fouls and time wasting even in the first half, 

So a point gained and on to Birmingham Sunday. West Brom only drew (ex Leeds lad scored 90 mins), Fulham lost and Wednesday. Looks like Brenford the one to watch.

The trip to Birmingham looks a bit tricky. A lot of tired legs, and maybe too much of the Xmas cheer. 

Well, it is almost the new year so things should be looking up. 

Just to avoid play-offs would be great. A decent point vs Preston, just to keep the momentum going... that was better than nothing. MB must have laid into them at the half.  Gotta start playing football from the first whistle, none of this ' we gotta react and adjust BS'. Play from minute 1 and take the game to them

who's the home team here?

Great match away to Birmingham!

Final score Birmingham 4 Leeds Utd 5

Great end to end football

life is like Oral sex ...........one slip of the tongue and your in the shit!!

Had a nights sleep still buzzing from the game. Just watched back highlights the mistakes for Birmingham goals look even worse.

Leeds are falling apart again 555  MOT.

On to Albion anything could happen.

Had a nights sleep still buzzing from the game. Just watched back highlights the mistakes for Birmingham goals look even worse.

Leeds are falling apart again 555  MOT.

On to Albion anything could happen.

That was quite a game. Not sure these heart-stopping moments are good for me

But top going into the new year, I'll take that

The top 2 has a neat cushion away from the chasing pack. 

On to West Brom. You know Bilic will have done his homework, so this should be a cracking game from the off. 

3 points would mean a lot because the chasing hounds will be way far back. 

Whatever happens, just maintain composure. Nobody wants to see what happened last season.  fresh legs, fresh year, keep the momentum

I am going to watch highlights of that match again and again. They just keep coming, don't they 

Would have taken a point before the game against West Brom. Another goal conceded from a corner and another own goal for Leeds. 

Could have won in the second half but so could West Brom,  Kiko some good saves so 1-1 about right.

FA cup next unfortunately I think Leeds will play a young team against Arsenal, a shame as in the old days first team would have played.

Monday night thanks to BBC, 8,000 traveling fantastic support. 

A late night tonight away to Arsenal in the cup, hard to predict score depends how many Leeds rest.

Would love full strength team but they have a small squad and promotion is the main goal after so many years in the wilderness.

8,000 traveling amazing support for Monday night, on TV BBC and straight after the holidays. MOT

I would love to see Leeds back in the top tier but not at West Hams expense. 555

image.png