IGNORED

Leeds United Thread

gazO

10 hours ago, gazO said:

All on hold then till at least 3rd April.

Time to recharge the batteries with our high octane football. Ready for the final push. 

Its all up in the air, who knows whats going to happen to the football season now, even restarting  3/4th April might not happen, so many issues for teams going for promotion/play offs, and relegation threatened clubs, could be a bit of a nightmare.Some clubs will be saying its unfair, while some will be quite ok with it, if the worst comes to the worst theres going to be some very disgruntled teams and fans.

Think the fa are stuck logically the season finishes now ,but they know the law courts will be on standby for all the law suits that will arrive ,I think they will just say this season is void

13 hours ago, Rambuttri village said:

Whilst it might be bad for us a 16 year wait in the wilderness. Imagine the expectations, waiting twice that length of time 32 years and being two wins away from glory.

Sorry me bad its 30 years with Liverpool. My arithmetic is terrible.

Can't see this season starting anytime soon. Nine games will take minimum 5 weeks to play and many players contracts cease 30th June. The clock is ticking. 

Rest assured that in these days of National crisis the EFL will be burning the midnight oil trying to find a way to prevent our promotion.

Meanwhile, on a happier note, despite the uncertainties 16,000 season tickets have already been sold for next season.

PS: For all those self-isolating or just bone idle on the sofa, Sky Sports Football are showing extended highlights

of all Leeds Utd games this season from 12:00 UK time  (19:00 Thai time).

Edited by Captain Dave
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

Rest assured that in these days of National crisis the EFL will be burning the midnight oil trying to find a way to prevent our promotion.

On a serious note captain why would they do that, i`ve heard this claim before and i think its nonesense.

Meanwhile, on a happier note, despite the uncertainties 16,000 season tickets have already been sold for next season.

PS: For all those self-isolating or just bone idle on the sofa, Sky Sports Football are showing extended highlights

of all Leeds Utd games this season from 12:00 UK time  (19:00 Thai time). Yeah think my lot will feature  in this, funnily enough i think i`ll give it a miss.

13 hours ago, vimto66 said:

The EFL are well aware that Leeds are the biggest draw in the Championship, their finances will dip if we go up.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek, but we Leeds fans are paranoid - and not without reason.

For one example, our keeper being banned for eight games for something they couldn't prove he said, but that he may

have done so on 'the balance of probabilities' 

Then there was all that Derby spy-gate nonsense and endless decisions regarding penalties, appeals, choice of referees,

etc etc 

At one point last season, despite spending much of each game in the opponents penalty area we hadn't had a penalty awarded for 74 games.

So yes, we are a bit paranoid about the Football Authorities and their treatment of Leeds, but it's based on long and bitter experience.

• Like 3

I reckon they should just write this season off and start next season as this one. 

Liverpool don't win the Premier league, Leeds don't get promoted and there are no relegations at all. Other than a few fans of the above everyone else will be happy so that's 99.5% of football fans in the Uk looked after and a small insignificant minority a tad upset.

obviously my is slightly biased as I'm a Barnsley fan and we are probably going down quicker than a Soi 6 girl on her 1st day back at work 

Football seems to be the only sport that has people whittering on about when they can start the season again, we love the game and all that goes with it but football does have its detractors, and its certain people who help entrench the opinions of those detractors, at this moment in time football is insignificant.

21 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Football seems to be the only sport that has people whittering on about when they can start the season again, we love the game and all that goes with it but football does have its detractors, and its certain people who help entrench the opinions of those detractors, at this moment in time football is insignificant.

Well I take your point, but to be fair it's not just football - the Olympics have been havering for weeks about delaying the Games

and Formula 1 have been reluctantly postponing races as the days go by = Baku was postponed yesterday.

A number of levels of non-league announced yesterday that the 2019/20 league is now finished.

They are taking the FAs advice on how to proceed with regard to league standings and whether to declare the league void.

And that's non league finished. All points expunged for the season. Start again next. No matter of the last 8 months costing clubs and fans time and money following teams home and away. All down the shitter for nothing.

Leeds United can confirm that the players, coaching staff and senior management team have volunteered to take a wage deferral for the foreseeable future to ensure that all non-football staff at Elland Road and Thorp Arch can be paid and the integrity of the business can be maintained during these uncertain times.

The spread of the COVID-19 virus has seen the UK and many other nations around the world in a state of 'lockdown' and whilst there is a shared commitment to complete the season, there is no concrete plan for a return date with Marcelo Bielsa's side sitting top of the Sky Bet Championship with just nine games left to play. The lack of fixtures, cancellation of events, impact on ancillary revenue and closure of the football financing market will cost the club several million pounds each month.

Following a regular catch up between chief executive Angus Kinnear, director of football Victor Orta and several senior players, the decision was made by the squad to defer part of their own salaries to ensure that the club can continue to pay all 272 members of full-time staff and the majority of casual staff for the coming months.

Collectively the Leeds United first-team squad said: "Leeds United is a family, this is the culture that has been created by everyone at the club, from the players and the board to the staff and the supporters in the stands. We face uncertain times and therefore it is important that we all work together to find a way that the club can push through this period and end the season in the way we all hope we can. In the meantime, let’s work as one to listen to the government advice and the health service and beat this virus."

Director of football, Victor Orta, added: “My players have demonstrated an incredible sense of unity and togetherness and I am proud of their actions. To Marcelo and his staff and all of the players, we thank them for putting our wider team first and taking care of family. Now we must focus on public health, and when the people are safe, finish what we started. Vamos carajo.”

• Like 1

On 29/03/2020 at 03:10, gazO said:

Boob of the day !

I remember watching it as the AC Milan keeper drops the ball over the line in the 89th minute.

'Bloody Hell we might win this' was my immediate reaction.

Second group game after a dreadful 4-0 drubbing at Barcelona and was a turning point as we marched on to the semi finals.

Happy memories. Our next group game?    A 6-0 thrashing of Besiktas.

• Like 2

On 28/03/2020 at 01:27, gazO said:

Even Billy 

1_Billy-Bremner.jpg

Reminds me of when I took my beloved to the Holy of Holies.

I did have to explain who Billy was.

Ning with Billy.JPG