IGNORED

Leeds United Thread

gazO

On 16/09/2020 at 12:51, gazO said:

The fans, The ups. The downs MOT

Scenes last week -> Strap in for this season !

IMG_4610.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

New Leeds United signing Diego Llorente spoke to LUTV after completing his transfer to the club.

The Spanish international has signed a four-year deal at Elland Road, joining from La Liga outfit Real Sociedad.

Llorente, who will wear the number 14 shirt for the Whites, revealed he can’t wait get going in the Premier League.

“I’m very happy to be here and I’m looking forward to meeting my teammates and manager as soon as possible,” said Llorente.

“I have a lot of energy and with my abilities I think I can help add to the team and this is the goal for me.

“I was happy when Leeds United got back to the Premier League and to be here is an honour and it’s a good challenge for me.

“I talked with Pablo Hernandez and he told me about the team, the city and all of the things he said were good, so the decision for me was very easy and I am excited to be here.

“For me the Premier League is the competition that is the most important in the world of football and it is a challenge to be here and I’m looking forward to getting started and helping my teammates.

“Marcelo Bielsa was also a key factor, for me he is the greatest manager in the world and it is an honour, I’ve come to learn as much as possible from him.”

RIP  Peter Hampton only 66 years old. A Revie player of the 70s signed in 1971 played at left back but had TC in front of him. Played 83 times and scored 3 goals.  Gone before his time to join the other's we have lost recently. MOT 

3 points today Bamford 3 in 3 showing those who said he could not do it in the top flight. Man of the match Meslier with some great saves. Still need a replacement in the middle for Pablo, City next ??? MOT

Wilder you should have kept your mouth shut, it always comes back to bite you. The muppets won.

Love this one 

Edited by Rambuttri village
Add some words

What a fantastic game. Bielsa looked disappointed with a draw at the end there. Attracting many neutral fans with our style of play. For now we look like we are for real this season. Going to enjoy the ride.:D

• Haha 1

Feared the worst in first 25 minutes, could not keep the ball. Grew into the game and a deserved point. MB comments after the game so fair that Leeds could have won but it would have been unfair if they had, compare to Wilder last week... a different class of person.

Find out more about our the new signing.

1) Raphinha was born on Saturday 14 December 1996 and shares his birthday with Leeds United legend Peter Lorimer

2) Raphinha was born in Porto Alegre, Brazil, the same city as Ronaldinho was born

3) He made his senior league debut playing for Vitória de Guimarães against Paços Ferreira on March Sunday 13th 2016

4) He scored his first senior goal on Saturday 20th August 2016, in a 2-0 victory over Marítimo

5) His first appearance in European competition came for Vitória on 14th September 2017, playing in the UEFA Europa League against Red Bull Salzburg

6) He scored in the penalty shootout in Sporting CP’s Taça de Portugal final victory over FC Porto

7) Raphinha has won two trophies in his career, helping Sporting CP win the Taça de Portugal and Taça da Liga

8) Rennes broke their transfer record to bring Raphinha to the club in 2019

9) In four full seasons playing professionally, Raphinha’s sides have never finished below fifth in the league

10) In his career Raphinha has made 161 senior appearances, scoring 39 goals

• 2 weeks later...

A game of 2 differing halves, Leeds seemed slower than normal in the build up and counter attack. A draw would have been a fair result, at least Leeds keep going forward not like some teams like the dross Crystal Palace play, a disgrace. 

7 hours ago, gazO said:

A game of 2 differing halves, Leeds seemed slower than normal in the build up and counter attack. A draw would have been a fair result, at least Leeds keep going forward not like some teams like the dross Crystal Palace play, a disgrace. 

I don't agree*. Wolves soaked up Leeds pressure and when they ran out of ideas they upped their game and hit em with a sucker punch.

* I am very biased. ;)

Bamford 3 OMG A fantastic second half of football gave villa a schooling 

On 24/10/2020 at 03:59, gazO said:

Bamford 3 OMG A fantastic second half of football gave villa a schooling 

Hatrick Bamford :-)

RIP Marius Žaliūkas (1983-2020)

Former Leeds United defender sadly passes away

Leeds United have been saddened to learn of the sudden passing of former defender Marius Žaliūkas at the age of 36.

The centre-back played for Leeds United, Heart of Midlothian, Rangers, FBK Kaunas and Žalgiris during his career.

After lifting the Scottish Cup as Hearts captain, Brian McDermott signed Žaliūkas in 2013, initially on a contract until the end of the season, before impressive performances for the Whites led to an extension.

Making his debut in our 2-0 win over Yeovil Town, he would make 16 appearances for the Whites during the 2013/14 Championship season, producing a last minute block against Watford to deny them a win.

Our thoughts are with Marius' family and friends at this time.

• Sad 1

Well 2 misses and 2 mistakes and the game was won in the first half, Leicester had a game plan spot on and carried it out to perfection.  Leeds 11 shots 4 on target 1 goal. Leicester 10 shots 8 on target 4 goals say no more.

Can not use an excuse Leeds had a few players missing as Leicester probably had more missing.

On to the next one now, playing that not amazing football playing team Crystal Palace.