Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Leeds United Thread

gazO

The Gary Sprake I remember from the late 1960s did have moments of brilliance. In particular the 2nd leg of the Inter city Fairs cup 1968 in Budapest against Ferencvaros. Holding a 1-0 lead from 1st leg Leeds were under the cosh for the whole 90 minutes and Sprake was brilliant throughout in the goal less draw. 1968/69 was probably his best season as Leeds only lost two league games in winning the title. This was also the season that Sprake dropped Arsenal striker Bobby Gould with a pearler of a left hook at Highbury. There's a youtube video of it. 

The current Leeds team are badly missing Robin Koch who is out injured for 3 months. Seeing Ben White superb yesterday sort of reminded us what we are missing this season. We always look shaky in January and February but am sure we will win a few more and steer clear of the bottom 3. No need to panic just yet. 

Sorry I was late ( Monday) Happy Birthday to Leeds LEGEND Eddie Gray 73 a true gentleman. and genius.

• Like 2

Leeds United Re-turfing Elland Road With Hybrid Pitch

Work on brand-new state of the art drainage system to commence in May

Following the effects of recent weather in the region, Leeds United are re-turfing Elland Road with a hybrid pitch which will be installed ahead of our Premier League game with Everton on 3rd February.

Plans are already in place to work with Hewitt Sportsturf on a complete pitch reconstruction at Elland Road, which will include a brand-new state of the art drainage system and this work will commence in May. 

However, following consultation with the board and playing staff, the club have invested in a short-term solution, which will improve the pitch for the remaining games of the 2020/21 campaign.

Leeds United Head of Facilities Mark Broadley said: “We have been working closely with Hewitt Sportsturf on a proposal to fully reconstruct the Elland Road pitch this summer. 

“However, after the recent heavy rainfall and snow in Leeds, it became evident that the current system was unable to cope and as a result was struggling to retain sufficient stability in the top surface. 

“We reviewed all options available and agreed the best possible solution was to remove the top surface and install the hybrid turf system HT Pro as seen at Tottenham Hotspur and Swansea City.” 

The current pitch will be removed over the weekend and the new surface will be laid by early next week.

Good news hope we can return to playing the quick passing Bielsa ball.

Edited by gazO
Photo added

A blast from the past 22 years ago OMG. Same again on Tuesday please. MOT

A win but maybe Newcastle deserved a draw for the second half performance, why have they not played like that all season?  But I will take the win, takes us further away from the drop zone. Looks like more injuries to cope with.

https://youtu.be/BHV87suYr9w

A great win and all round performance, 8 shots = 7 on target = 3 goals that's a lot better than some games this season. Bamford was on fire. 

Leeds ended the game with all championship players from last season on the field.

Pre Everton news a few injuries hope 2 will recover in time.

A new pitch, should help our passing game, after that mess against Brighton.

Where was Bielsa's bucket on Sunday? First time I have seen him without it.

Can not believe we did not get at least a draw from this game.

2 bits of bad marking and your 2 down in the premier league, we aint  in the championship now lads.

Everton owe a lot to the goal keeper shame Pickford was not playing.

Noticed the scores last night 5 games and 5 away wins!  Even Liverpool lost again at home!

Not playing again till Monday now. I hate these night games I have to get up at 3 am. MOT.

Not trying to hijack your thread Gaz but i never thought I would see us in the nose bleed section at this time of year. 555

image.png

It was all about the numbers last night.

Kalvin 200 appearances

Paddy 100 goals

3 points, 10th place not bad going for a newly promoted team. Unfortunately the pitch still looks a bit slippy hope it beds in by the next home game.

OMG talk about a bad day at the office. Can not give a team a 4 goal start and try to come back. Meslier had a nightmare gave them 3 goals. 6 minutes of madness cost us big time. Kalvin out everything has to change, the back 4 has been OK recently so all the place movement came with a massive cost.

The London thing continues 2017 last win!!!

Yet again some strange results over the weekend how DD Liverpool lose by far the better team in that game. The red team only draw with West Brom and Fulham win at Everton.

It came up on my Facebook feed exactly five years ago to the day we drew 0-0 at home with 2nd place Middlesborough in the Championship. It shows how far this team and club have come since then. 

Remember like it was yesterday watching that game in Irish Rover bar at 4am. We thought Leeds had got a late winner (disallowed) and the place erupted, with somebody dropping and smashing a bottle. Oh happy days!!

Fine margins !!!! A lucky Wolves goal, same as the first game at ER.

Paddy will have to stop putting his arm out, he will have to wear a straight jacket to hold his arms in VAR.

Hate these night games 3.00 am start nearly 5 am finish, too late to go to bed, same again next week Southampton.

5 hours ago, gazO said:

Fine margins !!!! A lucky Wolves goal, same as the first game at ER.

Paddy will have to stop putting his arm out, he will have to wear a straight jacket to hold his arms in VAR.

Hate these night games 3.00 am start nearly 5 am finish, too late to go to bed, same again next week Southampton.

I bet your looking forward to when the clocks go forward 1 hour but having said that I don't think it'll make all that difference I suppose.  One time of year I visit Pattaya is December and I just didnt like the 3am kick off's. The 12:30am kick offs on a Saturday night were OK

At last a couple of things went our way, both correct but close.

Clean sheet well done Spiderboy. How much now for Raffa .. stop sniffing around.

Sad news.

Leeds United's all-time record goalscorer Peter Lorimer is "battling a long-term illness" in a hospice, the club have announced.

The 74-year-old former Scotland international scored 238 goals in 705 appearances for Leeds over two spells spanning 23 years.

He won two league titles, the FA Cup and League Cup with Leeds under legendary manager Don Revie.

In a statement, Leeds asked for privacy for Lorimer's wife Sue and family.

The Premier League side also thanked "fans across the world for their wonderful messages of support".

He won 21 caps for Scotland and played in all three of their matches at the 1974 World Cup, scoring in the 2-0 win against Zaire.

More sad news.

Former Scotland and Leeds United defender Gordon McQueen has been diagnosed with vascular dementia, his family have confirmed.

The 68-year-old, whose career began at St Mirren, played 30 times for Scotland and won the English First Division with Leeds.

McQueen went on to manage Airdrie and coach at Middlesbrough, before working as a television pundit.

His family said that the former centre-back was formally diagnosed in January.

Not a good display, disjointed in the midfield, a couple of new more skinful signings in this area is a must. Villa defended well and used all the usual tricks time wasting etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not see the game live because I am in Pattaya this week and unfortunately other things do occupy your time.

But on highlights and various Leeds pods maybe could have had a draw. Looked like midfield got overrun a bit, and when you have a chance you MUST take it in this league. So another lose wish we could have got a few draws from some of these games.

Oh well back to the distractions of Pattaya. 

Just watched a rerun of the game and yes Leeds should have had a draw. Watched in the Fever bar in LK Heineken 80 baht a pint. Off to Soi Bongkot now enjoy

Well a draw at last wish we could have had a few more on some of those games we lost. Chelsea could have won on the balance of play, but Leeds dug in and fought to the end. A change of style by the MAN ?

At LAST a win in London, a game that was made nervy by some mistakes at the back.

2 well taken goals and good goalkeeping, usual poor defending at corners.

Glad Bamford not in England squad he is playing at present half fit, should have a rest for 2 week now. 14 goals and 6 assists not bad for someone they said would never make it in the to flight. MOT