Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Leeds United Thread

gazO

8 hours ago, Stokielad said:

It was a great game to watch yesterday especially if you hate Leeds (which many do :) )

Absolutely suicidal approach to defending should have been at least nine, if not more. Good luck with your pretty football, but Leeds are a busted flush with this playing system, easy to win against if you have any pace up front.

Good answer from ..........................................................Stoke 555555555555555 and 333333333 remember

All this crap being spoken, people have got to remember where Leeds have come from with no money, no parachute payments, inept ownership and league 1.

The team on Sunday was mainly the championship side its obvious they will not be as good as many premier league players.

Name of the game is stay up and in Bielsa's dna not to park the bus. MOT

7 hours ago, gazO said:

Good answer from ..........................................................Stoke 555555555555555 and 333333333 remember

Yes I remember we went one better, I was there, just the seven past you :)

The following season we took pity and only put six past you :)

All good banter, Stoke City have had just as much as a rollercoaster ride in my lifetime as Leeds, doesn't stop me hating you ever since one of my first matches as a kid was seeing "dirty" Leeds as my Dad put it in the seventies, amazing what you inherit :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

2 hours ago, Stokielad said:

Yes I remember we went one better, I was there, just the seven past you :)

The following season we took pity and only put six past you :)

All good banter, Stoke City have had just as much as a rollercoaster ride in my lifetime as Leeds, doesn't stop me hating you ever since one of my first matches as a kid was seeing "dirty" Leeds as my Dad put it in the seventies, amazing what you inherit :)

Dont know why you hate them so much we don't even think about you Up the vale 

16 hours ago, gazO said:

All this crap being spoken, people have got to remember where Leeds have come from with no money, no parachute payments, inept ownership and league 1.

The team on Sunday was mainly the championship side its obvious they will not be as good as many premier league players.

Name of the game is stay up and in Bielsa's dna not to park the bus. MOT

I understand Bielsa's style of play is not parking the bus but with the players Leeds have, don't you think its suicide playing that way against big teams? This is beginning to be a regular occurrence of big defeats against top teams. I just can't really understand the praise for him when hes conceded the most goals in the league. Most teams in the league can play his attacking football but they choose not to for the defensive stability. 

4 hours ago, Faz123 said:

I understand Bielsa's style of play is not parking the bus but with the players Leeds have, don't you think its suicide playing that way against big teams? This is beginning to be a regular occurrence of big defeats against top teams. I just can't really understand the praise for him when hes conceded the most goals in the league. Most teams in the league can play his attacking football but they choose not to for the defensive stability. 

Because this is Bielsa he won't change his style if you like more exciting football go watch Newcastle 

2 hours ago, gazO said:

Because this is Bielsa he won't change his style if you like more exciting football go watch Newcastle 

He might have been a genius coach some time ago but this lack of a plan B and kamikaze style is why he's not a coach at a big club but instead coaching a tinpot team like Leeds.

54 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

He might have been a genius coach some time ago but this lack of a plan B and kamikaze style is why he's not a coach at a big club but instead coaching a tinpot team like Leeds.

Why are you so obsessed with Leeds are you a closet fan. Bored now good bye

8 hours ago, gazO said:

Why are you so obsessed with Leeds are you a closet fan. Bored now good bye

Touched a nerve there I feel :) I live near Leeds, I know no end of deluded Leeds fans like yourself, still keep marching on together eh? ;)

^^^  :mad:

Sporting badinage is one thing, but ill-founded gratuitous insults are another.   One more and I'm going to write to Jenny.

So there, MOT

9 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

^^^  :mad:

Sporting badinage is one thing, but ill-founded gratuitous insults are another.   One more and I'm going to write to Jenny.

So there, MOT

Yes, let us please keep it at banter can we and behave like gentlemen?

• Like 2

image.png

Come on lads, no need for handbags.

True, Bielsa ball has its risks. But you gotta hand it to the guy for sticking to his guns no matter what, plus that squatting for 90 minutes. The guy has some convictions. 

We all know Bamford will come up with the goods each game(as long as VAR doesn't rule his armpit fuzz to be offside) to deliver the goods; it's just a matter of the defence doing a decent job at the other end. 

I, for one, am hopeful that Leeds will be one of the 3 newcomers to survive this season and then they can kick on from next season when the fans are back in the stadium. Allardyce may or may not save Albion, and the less said about Scotty's  Fulham the better.  

Sure, a mid-table finish for Leeds used to be so mediocre it was unfathomable , but these are not normal times. 

Let's just get on with it; and kick on from the next season. 

Back in the top and ready to stay on 

• Like 3

On 23/12/2020 at 10:41, Jebb said:

Yes, let us please keep it at banter can we and behave like gentlemen?

Jebb....this is a mongers forum so very few are gentlemen LOL

p.s.this reply is meant as light hearted banter and not a criticism of moderation OK :GrinNod1:

A good day 3 points (now on 20) clean sheet and some luck.

A game that could have been well won by half time, then hanging on in the second.

The team has some players playing great and some poor. Unfortunately the squad is small on experience, so have to keep battling on MOT.

Plan A seems to be working all you nonbelievers but only scored 5. Or should the maestro change to the dinosaur tacticts of big Sam 

2 hours ago, gazO said:

Plan A seems to be working all you nonbelievers but only scored 5. Or should the maestro change to the dinosaur tacticts of big Sam 

I hope Leeds stay up, for the simple reason the Prem is a better place with the big cities/clubs in it.

Bielsa will keep them up due to the fact they will win enough games.

Whether he’s the man to have them return to being “contenders” is a different matter and I have my doubts.

That said - as a neutral, Leeds are probably the only team (I don’t support) who I make a point of watching every game. Entertaining it certainly is - both ways.

General point (not at you Gaz, I’ve just picked on your post)

Finally, let’s keep it civil guys. We have always been more relaxed in the Sports forum due to the rivalry and banter. It’s a very fine line at times I know, but outright nasty, threatening or abusive is a no no.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

The deadly 2 of Spurs skill showed. Got to take your chances when you are still in the game. Second half Spurs just controlled the play, Looked at that penalty and the leg fouled was just outside, VAR? but that's how it goes we had ours against Burnley.

Still looking OK for now, Blades and Baggies don't look good. 

Well, words can not describe the second half yesterday.

Only to say why was Gary Sprake playing in goal.

On 11/01/2021 at 03:26, gazO said:

Well, words can not describe the second half yesterday.

Only to say why was Gary Sprake playing in goal.

And what about the other 10 numpties in front of him....:Laugh1:

The very few Lowlights from a very poor game on a very non premier league pitch.

Passing zero, effort zero, chances zero. 

^^ I watched the game and i thought Brighton thoroughly deserved their lead at half time,Although they came into it more in the second half Leeds just didnt do anywhere enough to get anything, its a long old season but from what i`ve seen Leeds have more than enough.

Edited by vimto66

26 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

^^ I watched the game and i thought Brighton thoroughly deserved their lead at half time,Although they came into it more in the second half Leeds just didnt do anywhere enough to get anything, its a long old season but from what i`ve seen Leeds have more than enough.

I agree, no doubt in my mind they will stay up, perhaps even make mid table - because they will WIN enough games. The relegation battle will probably be those teams for whom a draw is a “result”.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!