IGNORED

Best Sunday roast these days?

Takeaway again this week....guess from where.  :rolleyes:

20211207_184808.thumb.jpg.08689cc6e8cdcbec4e3ef685f1eaf8e9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, went to Queen Vic, Soi 6. Easy for parking, its an all you can eat carvery for 299B. Well worth it, had the 5 roast meats, lamb a bit chewy, beef and ham excellent, beef looked dry and tough but was really tender, if a tad dry. Tomato soup was good, never had desert. Potatoes were good, as was veg, Yorkies not great.

All in all, worth a visit.

Anyone try a Sunday Roast in Phuket? Gonna be there a week for Sandbox, and would love to strap on my feed bag.

Also, perhaps not the proper thread to raise this, but has anyone ever taken a Thai girl to a Sunday Roast?

I sent a girl a photo of a tray of Yorkshire Pudding my Mom made over Christmas and she replied that she wanted to try them. Figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone if I just took her with me in Pattaya.

BTW, the Yorkshires my Mom made were from a mix (Aunt Bessie's) -- just add water and an egg (maybe 2). They turned out pretty damn good, especially considering the relative lack of effort!

7 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

has anyone ever taken a Thai girl to a Sunday Roast?

Indeed. My latest ex milf loved it. Lamb in Kilkenny. Which I think is great value, btw.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

11 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Anyone try a Sunday Roast in Phuket? Gonna be there a week for Sandbox, and would love to strap on my feed bag.

Also, perhaps not the proper thread to raise this, but has anyone ever taken a Thai girl to a Sunday Roast?

I sent a girl a photo of a tray of Yorkshire Pudding my Mom made over Christmas and she replied that she wanted to try them. Figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone if I just took her with me in Pattaya.

BTW, the Yorkshires my Mom made were from a mix (Aunt Bessie's) -- just add water and an egg (maybe 2). They turned out pretty damn good, especially considering the relative lack of effort!

I believe @Dormousedocumented in his current trip report a day where he had a Sunday Roast in Phuket. I've had Sunday Roasts a few times in Pattaya, in different places and the Yorkshire Puddings are just tasteless bread to me so I just dump a bunch of gravy on it. I'm not from the UK so I didn't even know Sunday Roasts were a thing until I came to Pattaya.

12 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

As @Ohyesuare said, I went to one at The Islander pub in Rawai, and it was okay, although I haven't repeated it thus far - for one thing, it's just a tremendous amount of food to take in one sitting, for another, I work on Sundays and it really doesn't work that well with my schedule.

If you're doing your sandbox in Patong (as most people seem to), then it's far too out of the way to drive just for a single meal, but I'm sure there are places in Patong that do it as well.

12 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I haven't, but I've seen multiple Thai/Farang pairs and families with kids do it, so it's far from uncommon.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Just noticed Queen Vic have increased their SR price from 299B to 370B.

Will the price increase stop you from going ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

Just noticed Queen Vic have increased their SR price from 299B to 370B.

To be fair, they did say 299b was a promotional price.

2 hours ago, Pheat said:

Will the price increase stop you from going ?

Probably, as I would have to pass the Sportsman to get there.

Just now, jimboh said:

Probably, as I would have to pass the Sportsman to get there.

Not sure about Beef and Chicken (yet) but Pork in particular and also Lamb have/are going up.

In the case of Pork the 'outbreak' of African Swine Fever here is being blamed, along with fuel prices and shortages and there are knock on effects on other meats.

The Large Lamb Roast I get from Nicky's went up 25 Baht.

I'd be surprised if Sportsman's prices don't also increase.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Over the past week, I have noticed several places, that I frequent, have increased their prices.

Kilkenny still 199 baht lamb Sunday roast top notch bargain

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Kilkenny still 199 baht lamb Sunday roast top notch bargain

Correct so far....... spoke to Gus who manages Kilkenny and Deli Factory amongst others and he he said it will have to go up.

• 3 months later...

Wanna try a good roast today, any recommendations? Preferably a place that has 'pigs in blankets' as well,  cheers.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

Sportsman has bacon-wrapped sausages on their Sunday Roast (and they're damn good!), but I don't know if I have seen traditional "pigs in a blanket" anywhere.

If you find them, PLEASE post, as I LOVE those damn things!

^ Yeah, I ended up going to the Sportsman. No pigs in blankets but had about 7 of the bacon wrapped sausages! A great spread, very tasty and Guiness was only 240 Bt.

2 minutes ago, Bawdy said:

^ Yeah, I ended up going to the Sportsman. No pigs in blankets but had about 7 of the bacon wrapped sausages! A great spread, very tasty and Guiness was only 240 Bt.

Think I killed at least 5 or 6 on my last visit! 5555

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

but I don't know if I have seen traditional "pigs in a blanket" anywhere.

Did a quick search, they may have them at Robin Hood, will check it out next Sunday.

39 minutes ago, Bawdy said:

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Sportsman has bacon-wrapped sausages on their Sunday Roast (and they're damn good!), but I don't know if I have seen traditional "pigs in a blanket" anywhere.

If you find them, PLEASE post, as I LOVE those damn things!

39 minutes ago, Bawdy said:

Bacon wrapped sausages is a "pig in blanket" , in the U.K. anyway ..

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Bacon wrapped sausages is a "pig in blanket" , in the U.K. anyway ..

This is the USA version - made with cocktail franks or little sausages:

pig blanket.jpg

Went to Robin Hood yesterday and had pigs in blanket English style - it was only one little piggy though!

Every other element was superb as usual but wouldn't consider going there for the pigs in blanket because it's so small and inconsequential to the meal overall. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, 1080B said:

Went to Robin Hood yesterday and had pigs in blanket English style - it was only one little piggy though!

Every other element was superb as usual but wouldn't consider going there for the pigs in blanket because it's so small and inconsequential to the meal overall. 

I tried Robin Hood and quite enjoyed it....but the AYCE aspect of Sportsman, combined with my unbridled gluttony while on vacation, tends to lead me back there time and again! 555

So....with pigs in a blanket added to a certain Thai girl, we now have at least TWO things in common that @Bawdyand I liked to eat!  5555

• Haha 3