Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Sunday roast these days?

Yesterday, had SR from Jimmy's in Jomtien, went for mixed meat at 325B from Hungry Now, was unable to get 50B discount? Anyway, was a big feed, have leg of chicken left over for lunch today. The meats were average, everything else good.

Any other places in Jomtien do a decent SR?

I ordered a SR from Sportsman yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised. Very generous portion of good tasting, quality meats, vegetables, potato etc.. and good selection of condiments and bread, everything packaged perfectly. I got 80 baht off with Grab too so only cost me 380 but I usually tip most if not all of the discount to the drivers anyway. I noticed there was no SR option for Nicky's available on Grab yesterday but it's good because I might not have tried Sportsman's if there was.

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

I noticed there was no SR option for Nicky's available on Grab yesterday

Yes, I tried to order from Nickys yesterday but no go. Sportsman is a great feed, its 395B on HN. Always have lots left over for next day.

5 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Yes, I tried to order from Nickys yesterday but no go. Sportsman is a great feed, its 395B on HN. Always have lots left over for next day.

I'm a fat pig so I ate it all in one day but it wasn't easy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Edge said:

Am I the only one with a camera on my phone?  

SR thumbnail_IMG_5473.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago, had SR from Sportsman, 395B from Hungry Now. Just noticed today, its 450B. So never went for it, just too expensive, so went for a mixed meats from Hemingways in Jomtien, 320B and free delivery. Was OK, nothing special.

• 1 month later...

Sunday Roast on Monday.

Never had a SR this week, however on Monday last, ordered Roast Lamb dinner from Sportsman, via Hungry Now. Was a great meal, lamb really tender, all the usual trimmings, just no mash but luckily had some left over mash in fridge. Was decent price at 231B delivered, did note it was something like 365 on GRAB.

On 09/08/2021 at 00:14, Edge said:

I went a bit earlier than usual to get back in time for MotoGP and got a monster portion of Lamb.

She said something about "you last one" which I didn't understand, so maybe that was it.

20210711_152430.thumb.jpg.a7022895db7f6033887c92e0372f8f77.jpg

I'm not a big fan of lamb, but that's a hefty portion of meat and those roasted spuds look perfect!

Any other meat(s) there that you would recommend?

29 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I'm not a big fan of lamb, but that's a hefty portion of meat and those roasted spuds look perfect!

Any other meat(s) there that you would recommend?

Both Chicken and Beef are significantly cheaper.

Chicken is chicken no problem if that's your choice.

The beef might be OK but I've found it variable.

On 09/08/2021 at 08:14, Edge said:

I went a bit earlier than usual to get back in time for MotoGP and got a monster portion of Lamb.

She said something about "you last one" which I didn't understand, so maybe that was it.

Wow, who needs pictures of naked Thai girls when you have that. Looks amazing.

Tasty Sunday lunch at Robin Hood last week. 299 baht with 5 slices of meat which you can mix and match beef/lamb/pork/chicken. They also do smaller one with 3 slices for 199 baht, or a mammoth all you can eat version complete with soup and desert - sorry can't remember the price of that one. 

1816049559_lunch1.thumb.jpg.841cd7672892a1a831bb288171463a50.jpg300063290_lunch2.thumb.jpg.c369e6e8d6a60bc162f1756dfcb9737f.jpg

1 hour ago, shagwell said:

Tasty Sunday lunch at Robin Hood last week. 299 baht with 5 slices of meat which you can mix and match beef/lamb/pork/chicken. They also do smaller one with 3 slices for 199 baht, or a mammoth all you can eat version complete with soup and desert - sorry can't remember the price of that one. 

1816049559_lunch1.thumb.jpg.841cd7672892a1a831bb288171463a50.jpg

What is the item above the Yorkshire, and the left of the roasted potatoes?

3 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

What is the item above the Yorkshire, and the left of the roasted potatoes?

Pork Crackling/scratchings, I forget what what the round thing was above them,then pigs in blankets at the top.

They give you a checklist when you order to select what items you want - I just selected everything!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, shagwell said:

Pork Crackling/scratchings, I forget what what the round thing was above them,then pigs in blankets at the top.

They give you a checklist when you order to select what items you want - I just selected everything!

That's what I assumed it was, but the lack of pork on your plate confused me.

Looks very good!

BTW, this thread is KILLING me!

I have consumed about 1,300 calories a day for each of the last 4 days....I am DYING for a great Sunday Roast!

Diet ends October 31....plane leaves November 2....by November 5, I will have put back on 12 pounds! 5555

On 09/08/2021 at 17:14, Edge said:

Great food great photo

A rather shameless plug for a friends place. Valley View next door to Green Valley golf course. It’s a good 40 minutes from Pattaya but most of their customers are from Pattaya or Ban Chang so probably people who like a drive. Especially as you can get there via the Buddha Mountain route.

Three sizes - medium, standard and large. Pics are standard (2) and large (middle one)

As you can see it’s good for Yorkie Pud lovers.

Both come with real, homemade onion gravy

Yes, I am a bit biased 🤣 

Theres quite a large selection of traditional (canned) English Ales. These are available in the shop only, can’t have with dinner but I think quite a few people go for these as they sell well. These include Old Speckled Hen and, my favorite, Marstons Pedigree.

B23554B8-E8E7-4F9A-89C0-40DE8EFF6590.jpeg

152B0C17-CC6D-441C-8E4E-E566D5AB7696.jpeg

196969BA-99E7-4A29-938F-1B519DDF3E53.jpeg

• Like 3

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

13 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Three sizes - medium, standard and large. Pics are standard (2) and large (middle one)

Do they have a kids version? 😅

I think I'd need three rounds of golf just to make half of that disappear. Looks fantastic, though.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 minute ago, Thomaz73 said:

Do they have a kids version? 😅

I think I'd need three rounds of golf just to make half of that disappear. Looks fantastic, though.

Yeah the “medium” is actually “small”. The terminology medium is theirs not mine but I don’t have a pic of it. 

I would guess 90% have the standard (top and bottom pics) - they don’t sell very many larges, maybe just 2 or 3 each Sunday. 

There is indoor and outdoor seating. Indoor is air conditioned and out door is fully fly screened.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Nicky,s on soi Buak and Sportsmans on soi 13 are two of the best in Patts.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

For any people that don't really care for British food, or just want a change of pace, the brunch at Beefeater is very good. 

Beefeater brunch.jpg

I thought it was Fridays. Do they still have it?

That's a pretty heavy Saturday feed....but I might have to stop by - $10 for all you can eat ribs and Mexican ain't a bad deal! 555

33 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I thought it was Fridays. Do they still have it?

That's a pretty heavy Saturday feed....but I might have to stop by - $10 for all you can eat ribs and Mexican ain't a bad deal! 555

Yes they still have it, saturday and sunday. Your right though it is pretty heavy, it would generally be my only meal all day. 

• Like 2