IGNORED

Best Sunday roast these days?

My visiting kids and heading to Dicey's today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jebb said:

For those on the Darkside Tropical Restaurant is hard to beat for a Sunday roast.

What he said, with bells on !

7 hours ago, jetdoc said:

My visiting kids and heading to Dicey's today.

Please report back, as I am considering it next week. Also, something came up on my Facebook today regarding Dicey's, saying 20% discount available off eatigo, not clear on how it works.

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Off topic a tad but can anyone recommend a good SR in BKK?

I like Fitzgerald on soi 4. It's lamb, though. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

12 hours ago, jimboh said:

Please report back, as I am considering it next week. Also, something came up on my Facebook today regarding Dicey's, saying 20% discount available off eatigo, not clear on how it works.

I go for the turkey but usually they don't have lamb. Also enjoy the live entertainment. Great selection of good food and I just pay regular fare.

7 hours ago, jetdoc said:

I go for the turkey but usually they don't have lamb. Also enjoy the live entertainment. Great selection of good food and I just pay regular fare.

Love Turkey. How much is regular fare? 

On 12/03/2023 at 06:35, Itsgazza said:

Hi guys...any further suggestions on sunday roasts..?

Nickys was recommended lat night so that is my preferred choice so far

Preferably in Central pattaya 

My go to at the moment is The Nest on Soi Diana. I am not a big eater so they do a Junior Sunday Roast for 199 baht. Very good quality and more than enough for me, just less meat and "only" 4 veg.

• 4 weeks later...

Hemingway's Pattaya have altered their offering slightly.

A half roast chicken at 279 baht.

Interesting to see what the wagyu beef is like.

A bit of a USP and Mark will have checked it's quality.

Screenshot_20230410-174340.jpg

Edited by PeterStewart66
Edit
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome inn around mab prachan is nice and reasonable priced, the loft also. Robin Hood for a carvery, I'd choose Nicky's everytime if it wasn't for lack of car parking along there. Cheap Charles if it isn't Sunday 555

• 4 weeks later...

On my current trip I had a few, and this is my favourite, the Jr Lamb from The Nest 249 baht. Other meats were 50 baht cheaper. The Jr portion was just right for me IMG_20230514_171936929.thumb.jpg.c36037af7c9a7188913150e9881d23d2.jpg

• 1 month later...

For me i'd say Robin Hood. Juicy pink lamb and beef. Home made yorkshires and the Brussels sprouts are caramelised giving a beautiful flavour. Best gravy compared to others in the area too. Trimmings are all on point for me. More expensive than others but definitely worth it. 

On 16/05/2023 at 13:06, mrblueeyes555 said:

On my current trip I had a few, and this is my favourite, the Jr Lamb from The Nest 249 baht. Other meats were 50 baht cheaper. The Jr portion was just right for me IMG_20230514_171936929.thumb.jpg.c36037af7c9a7188913150e9881d23d2.jpg

The Jumbo Lamb at 399...

20230709_134240.thumb.jpg.e2040144134cfe3f168da0a4fd643a26.jpg

For me personally it's a no contest.

Went to the Sportsman's yesterday at about 5pm.

Warm welcome from David the assistant manager, seated straight away and a pint waiting for me at my table.

Baked ham, honey roast ham, pork loin, stuffed chicken crown, lamb, 2 beefs depending how you like them cooked and steak and kidney pie. All the usual trimmings provided.                                Soup for starter and chocolate pudding for dessert.

495 baht all you can eat. Had 3 platefuls. The meat was tender and beautifully cooked.

On a side note, the Sportsman's make all their own puddings and the chocolate brownie is absolutely melt in your mouth gorgeous.

Easier to get a table at this time of year as well. Lovely meal, beer and watched the Ashes as well. 

Screenshot_20230709-150536.jpg

Had SR from Nickey's yesterday, large lamb, was very good, enough left over for a mid week roast meal too.

• Like 2

On 10/07/2023 at 18:46, PeterStewart66 said:

.........Baked ham, honey roast ham, pork loin, stuffed chicken crown, lamb, 2 beefs depending how you like them cooked and steak and kidney pie. All the usual trimmings provided.                                Soup for starter and chocolate pudding for dessert.

495 baht all you can eat. Had 3 platefuls. The meat was tender and beautifully cooked.

I know it's all you can eat, yet it irks me that it's still 495 even though I don't want soup or dessert.

Sorry.

This Sunday past, had the Sunday carvery from Sportsman for takeaway, delivered by GRAB, for 509B total-and well worth it.

This was a meal I had regularly during COVID but not had it since. We did try go about 5 months ago but place was packed.

The meal was massive, 5 different slices of meat, everything good quality. Just finished the last of it today-soup and sandwich for lunch today.

The only negative was no mash and only a few roasties.

• Like 2

I normally do the Sportsman all you can eat, but can be hard to get a seat there. Recently tried both the plated and all you can eat at Robin Hood, was very impressed with the quality and freshness. The buffet is too much for me, a small eater, as it is actually a buffet with 4 courses! Next time will go with the large plated, really enjoyed my roasts there recently. 

• Like 3

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

image.jpeg.cb824cb36ac482ddcf02ca15bb8665ee.jpegimage.jpeg.9bdf7bd27556537119f42939b05e53fd.jpeg 

Roast beef 260bt, lamb 280bt - Le Gallery

Had an excellent SR at Auld Rouges yesterday. Roast lamb and a bargain at 275B. Veg cooked to perfection, lamb was moist and tasty. I would rate this roast lamb second to Nickey's.

Comfortable place, AC and service good, selection of draught beers also. 

IMG_2756.jpg.de78ca0a7f6d46c9e6a5fd418ec65e22.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jetdoc said:

Roast beef 260bt, lamb 280bt - Le Gallery

Where is Le Gallery located please, that looks good?