Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Sunday roast these days?

One more point for Robin Hood. I didn't get the complete Sunday roast, but an intermediate option (5 slice of meat at your choice). It was more than enough for me.

Great well cooked and flavourful meat, and the mash potato and cauliflower cheese were pretty good.

For 399 plus drinks, you can't go wrong.

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

don't know if it's the same offer as pre-Covid, but it used to be the Sunday roast was free if you had a high-enough tab

Quite sure it is. I believe the threshold is 1000 baht. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I got this email from Kinnaree:

xzs.PNG

xzsw.PNG

xzss.PNG

I don't know if it's the same offer as pre-Covid, but it used to be the Sunday roast was free if you had a high-enough tab.  

Evil

It's a shame that they can't either state the price or clarify the 'free with high-enough' spend - hopefully they can get a media-savvy person to improve their email communications :)

Edited by mgthom75

According to its Facebook page, the Marquee Bar has raised the price of its Sunday roast dinners to 120 baht from 100 baht.  Roast dinners are available on Wednesdays as well as Sundays.

.  295858643_744130446817520_8010643547843162994_n.jpg

PreCovid the Marquee was doing about 200 roast dinner covers every Sunday and and they were always sold out by early evening.  I had the roast chicken dinner quite a few times and was always happy with it.  I didn't much care for the beef or pork variations- industrial block meat-  but you can't expect too much for what was then 100 baht.  Chicken was fine, though, and a big enough portion for me.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

On 11/09/2022 at 20:20, Evil Penevil said:

I got this email from Kinnaree:

xzs.PNG

xzsw.PNG

xzss.PNG

I don't know if it's the same offer as pre-Covid, but it used to be the Sunday roast was free if you had a high-enough tab.  

Evil

Problem after a full Sunday roast i would be too full for any horizontal activities.

On 11/09/2022 at 20:59, Cmzero said:

One more point for Robin Hood. I didn't get the complete Sunday roast, but an intermediate option (5 slice of meat at your choice). It was more than enough for me.

Great well cooked and flavourful meat, and the mash potato and cauliflower cheese were pretty good.

For 399 plus drinks, you can't go wrong.

Got to put in a vote for this one too... tastes great, and massive portions.

On 12/09/2022 at 19:27, Evil Penevil said:

According to its Facebook page, the Marquee Bar has raised the price of its Sunday roast dinners to 120 baht from 100 baht.

Evil

Bastids !!! :LMFO:

• Haha 1

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

On 12/09/2022 at 04:50, Prinz said:

DSC_6082.thumb.JPG.9ff75bd9a39593eeb38b2eac486b8c81.JPG

I get some people like their meat rare, but thats ridiculous.:unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2022 at 04:21, Prinz said:

Tried the Sunday roast at the 3 Ways bar yesterday.  It's for free if you spend over 300 baht, easy to spend in a bar with women 😁 There's chicken and pork to choose from.  No lamb and no beef, it was delicious.  Very friendly staff 😎 Sorry for the bad photo, it's a bar.....red light.

IMG_20220912_100716.thumb.jpg.091e2f833ccaeace7cb474c35c72294c.jpg

Can you get your cock sucked while you eat a roast ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Price increase from 599 to 749 + VAT for their all you can eat Sunday roast.

Wasted on me, I can't eat the amount of food that's on offer.

IMG_0268.jpg

Edited by Farangkie
  • Like 3

Had lunch at Tropicals on the Darkside today. Roast Pork, Yorkshire pud and all the veges including a free bowl of soup. 235bt and could not fault or finish it.

image.png

On 06/11/2022 at 14:30, Farangkie said:

Price increase from 599 to 749 + VAT for their all you can eat Sunday roast.

Wasted on me, I can't eat the amount of food that's on offer.

IMG_0268.jpg

A bit sneaky as well advertising prices which exclude VAT. Come on RH just add the 50 baht to the advertised price.

Enjoyed the OK B120 roast-chicken dinner at Marquee Bar last Sunday, accompanied by a couple of pints/cans of Thatcher's Gold, and looked at Robins Nest menu outside (now simply the Nest ?) to see if they had restarted their popular pre-Covid Sunday-buffet, but it appears not.  Pity, that was always reasonable value-for-money. 

A B750 buffet at RH is simply OTT, too up-market for me, there must be something cheaper around B300, somewhere ?  If not then Nicky's is always reliable/good, or maybe try Cheap Charlie's ?

1 hour ago, chris2004 said:

A bit sneaky as well advertising prices which exclude VAT. Come on RH just add the 50 baht to the advertised price.

Yes RH pricing seems strange to me as everything on their menu is before VAT and it is the only place I have come across in Pattaya or even Thailand that I can remember that does this!

I don't have a recommendation to make as my last decent roast in Pattaya was pre covid. I can can provide a warning from my recent trip - do not under any circumstances go to Dicey Reilly's for their Sunday Roast buffet.

I was staying in the Avani and it was pissing down so against my better judgement I went next door to this place rather than brave the rain.

Big mistake. Absolutely shocking in every respect. I would have gladly taken a soaking had I known just how bad this place was. 

2 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

Enjoyed the OK B120 roast-chicken dinner at Marquee Bar last Sunday, accompanied by a couple of pints/cans of Thatcher's Gold, and looked at Robins Nest menu outside (now simply the Nest ?) to see if they had restarted their popular pre-Covid Sunday-buffet, but it appears not.  Pity, that was always reasonable value-for-money. 

A B750 buffet at RH is simply OTT, too up-market for me, there must be something cheaper around B300, somewhere ?  If not then Nicky's is always reliable/good, or maybe try Cheap Charlie's ?

+1 for the Marquee Bar Sunday roast. I have been there the last two Sundays and had the beef and pork.

Exceptional value at 120b back in April it was only 99b

• Like 2

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Had the 5 slice option at Robin Hood today. 
Really good quality and enormous amount to eat.

I know there are cheaper options but the place was rammed so the pricing doesn’t seem to put people off

Spent the afternoon in a food coma! 

4162D129-AA3A-4500-A53F-340089E19924.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/11/2022 at 08:16, rickyt said:

+1 for the Marquee Bar Sunday roast. I have been there the last two Sundays and had the beef and pork.

Exceptional value at 120b back in April it was only 99b

Me too, it will not be classed as "the best Sunday roast" but value for money definitely.

CC's had me confused they had roast chicken dinner @ 119 baht and mixed roast dinner "pork ham and chicken" @ 169 baht, no sign of roast beef so I "scooted" down to the Marquee where when the plate arrived I thought " I'm never going to finish that", I did but it was about 20 mins before I clambered back on the motorbike. I also noted they had a lot of "takeaway orders".

• Like 2

Stopped at Marquee again yesterday had the chicken as I have already had the beef and pork another good feed.

IMG20221113170802.jpg

1668333738195.jpg

1667128842790.jpg

• Like 2

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Dicey Reillys Sunday Buffet/Carvery is pretty good for around 650b I think.  Excellent Turkey and Roast.  Just don't go to the Thanksgiving one where the price is double for exactly the same thing.

Just curious. I come from a part of the world that very rarely eats roasts…. What is the appeal to these meals. Feels like I can just throw some meat in an instapot and get the same thing 

17 minutes ago, gorditoslayer said:

Just curious. I come from a part of the world that very rarely eats roasts…. What is the appeal to these meals. Feels like I can just throw some meat in an instapot and get the same thing 

Did you look at any of the pictures? It comes with gravy, various veg, some form of potato, Yorkshire pudding. How the fuck are you going to cook all that? 

Come to think on it, is there any meal you couldn't learn to cook for yourself? 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

Did you look at any of the pictures? It comes with gravy, various veg, some form of potato, Yorkshire pudding. How the fuck are you going to cook all that? 

Come to think on it, is there any meal you couldn't learn to cook for yourself? 

To be honest with the instapot these days. You can compartmentalism the pot. Have the bottom half roast your meat. Top half of the compartment steam the vegetables with a separator in between. Gravy and Yorkshire pudding, no experience with these.