IGNORED

Best Sunday roast these days?

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I tried Robin Hood and quite enjoyed it....but the AYCE aspect of Sportsman, combined with my unbridled gluttony while on vacation, tends to lead me back there time and again! 555

Can't help with the TG thing but Robin Hood has an all you can eat option at 599B and is a real bargain if you know how to do buffets well.

In addition to the regular choices, you get a choice of 2 or 3 starters, all five meats, a special dish and a choice of 2 or 3 desserts. And they are almost all yummy.

• Like 3

Didn't the Sportsman add dessert to their Sunday Roast?

I seem to recall after stuffing myself silly in February, I choked down a free dessert, too.

Hands down for me Dicy Rylies, maybe cause I like turkey.

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I seem to recall after stuffing myself silly in February, I choked down a free dessert, too.

Yes, they have dessert but completely forgot about it! I'll checkout RH next week, but cheaper Guinness at the Sportsman might tip the balance. 

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

6 hours ago, 1080B said:

Can't help with the TG thing but Robin Hood has an all you can eat option at 599B and is a real bargain if you know how to do buffets well.

In addition to the regular choices, you get a choice of 2 or 3 starters, all five meats, a special dish and a choice of 2 or 3 desserts. And they are almost all yummy.

Yes well listed & pointed out, superb Sunday roast & they have some very sext staff to look at also.

Jack.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Yep  normally choice of ice cream or apple pie/crumble

Yes - Sportsman had the best dessert (in my opinion) - Do not recall anything at Beefeater and Queen Vic offered a chocolate pudding (which was good).

• 1 month later...

I went to Robinhood twice for the Sunday Roast on my recent trip. It would be hard to top.

6 of us went once and we all ordered the small for 299 bhat. None of us were unhappy with the size or quality of our meal. The great thing is you get to choose what you want. IE what slices of meat you want, mash or roast potato, sauces you want, etc.

Also a nice airconditioned place, good waiter staff and a very decent host/manager.. whoever he is welcomed everyone and made sure we were satisfied. 

I highly recommend it.

Edited by olic

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Nikki's chicken-breast Sunday-lunch at B250 plus tip was the best-value/quality, on my recent trip, Cheap Charlie's for about B120 was as you'd expect, I avoided the Hippo as their prices seemed to have jumped again from last year, and the Nest's plated Sunday-lunch at B299 was OK but not up to the old Robin's Nest buffet (with soup & ice-cream) pre-Covid.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jimboh said:

Roast lamb from Nickeys, best Sunday Roast in Pattaya for me. Lamb was so juicy and tender, proper roasted spuds.

Place was rammed last Sunday.

SR thumbnail_IMG_8809.jpg

Looks banging ,Nickys always delivers had hundreds of meals in Nickys can’t remember a bad one ,I could eat that for breakfast 

On 07/07/2022 at 13:49, jimboh said:

And check out the amount of lamb.

That is my go to place for Sunday lunch in Pattaya, has been for a long time now.  The amount of lamb is perfect for me and Mint sauce to go with it, I will be there very soon and get there early because i know it gets busy.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Was going to check out Paddys by the lake yesterday for SR but could not conform if they done one. So onward to Welcome Inn and place was rammed. Had an excellent mixed meat SR, which was a bargain at 275B. The meal was massive, struggled to finish, all meats good, especially the pork, so tender. Missus said her Thai food was good too.

Ideal for anyone living out that way, otherwise a bit of a trek. 

sr IMG_8866.PNG

20220711_122042.thumb.jpg.7049f55257e456bb4b91d9e48e5ac3de.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta remember to trek to Nicky's to try their Sunday roast my next trip.

I am NOT a fan of lamb. How is the beef at Nicky's?

Fancied a roast lamb yesterday, hungover and stuck to sofa, went on GRAB, Nickeys RL was over 500B, just couldn't justify that, good an all as I know it is. Went for the large RL from Kilkenny, was under 300B, decent enough.

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

......................went on GRAB, Nickys RL was over 500B, just couldn't justify that, good an all as I know it is. 

I know nothing about Grab - do they charge for delivery.

I collect the Large Lamb Roast (from which I get 2 meals) for 405 Baht.
I believe the Standard/Medium Lamb Roast is 365 Baht.

2 hours ago, Edge said:

I know nothing about Grab - do they charge for delivery.

The added cost has to come from somewhere. The following link may be informative. 

https://thefipharmacist.com/why-is-grabfood-so-expensive/

Further to my post above....

LARGE Lamb Roast is 405 Baht....I only orderred iit sit down once and couldn't finish it in time.

Also availabe Chicken or Beef which are cheaper.  

Below iis what I received as Takeaway....colllected no Grab....yes both meals.....I do not always receive 2 Yorkiesn and YMMV.

20220725_142613.thumb.jpg.f1456c4dbfd32ce1b8aa026c37b8c572.jpg

20220725_142700.thumb.jpg.1a00686dffe392a1f43d17ead821a248.jpg

On 27/07/2022 at 10:07, Edge said:

what I received as Takeaway

Do you phone in the order, if so, please let me have number?

Any idea how the Thai food at Nickeys is?

15 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Do you phone in the order, if so, please let me have number?

Any idea how the Thai food at Nickeys is?

I use FB Messenger, so if you go to Nicky's on FB and Message them....first you'll get an auto message, but just reply with your order and what time you'll collect it and then they'll acknowledge.

Sorry, I never ate Thai food there, but the chef/cook is Thai and I see plenty of Thai GF/Wives eating there.

Missus wanted roast lamb yesterday, so the 2 of us headed to Nickeys, it was after 6. Ordered 2 RL dinners, but no hab mash or roast spuds, so we sacked it and went to RHT. Enjoyable enough Sunday Roasts but lamb not a patch on Nickeys.