IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

On Monday, July 02, 2018 at 03:16, Captain Dave said:

errr, no need for excuses mate we're still in it.

As for forecasts I asked Ian Rush in Retox the other night, he knows a bit and being Welsh is certainly not biased.

He reckons England have a great chance to get to the semi's, and if they do then anything can happen.

Fingers crossed. 

Just been to George Square in Glasgow with my wife last month, as my 3 kids live there and I did myself for 44 years.

Just a bit sad and pathetic really the Scots attitude, I'd be more impressed if they ever qualified these days.

Most English people just laugh at the well displayed chips on both shoulders from our Irn Bru quaffing cousins.

When was the last time they qualified for the finals? Last Century wasn't it?

Changed days from 1978 when I stood at Hampden Park as they qualified for Argentina,

and we all thought they would win it - Ally's Army indeed.  

Most English people wished them well and hoped they would win, of course in the event

their campaign was such a completely farcical fuck-up that it invited derision and scorn

- duly delivered. 

Im CROATIAN AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. England are shit. Also who cares what Ian rush thinks.......Qatar 2022 will be your year. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A French and an English guy are talking. The English guy says: "We're playing Croatia on Wednesday", and the french guy replies: "What a coincidence, we're playing them on Sunday!"

At least they dreamt of it for a few dozen minutes...

But it's coming home to FRANCE !

I can’t take any solice in any England’s defeat,but I must say England were found out ,they had an easy route to the semis,but when they came up against a decent (ish) side,they came up short,the media built up Southgate as a superb coach,a decent man yes !, but a genius,no,good effort England,but not good enough sorry ! 

Best team won, Croatia the better team..far more creativity, we lacked creativity throughout the tournament. Glad it never went to pens, that would have been brutal to watch, and somebody would fail..not deserved. Maybe next time for us, hopefully with someone better than sterling up front!

2 minutes ago, jocky king said:

A French and an English guy are talking. The English guy says: "We're playing Croatia on Wednesday", and the french guy replies: "What a coincidence, we're playing them on Sunday!"

That's quality!

4 minutes ago, Taptap said:

England is coming home finally.

Sure they would love to, unfortunately they have to play the meaningless 3rd place match saturday v belgium.

1 minute ago, rope-a-dope said:

Sure they would love to, unfortunately they have to play the meaningless 3rd place match saturday v belgium.

Both England - Belgium matches are indeed meaningless.

The Poms had a fantastic tournament, they gave their fans enjoyment and hope throughout the cup. Some would say they United the nation. If my country got this far I would be wrapped.

7 minutes ago, Gorda said:

Home to their ugly Wifes :P

Thanks for reminding us Gorda ...I really hope you have the shittest of winters and the snow blows horizontally at minus 20 degrees into your Viking face . Other than that I love the swedes ,especially in windy Halmstad ! :GiveBeer1:

Just now, Hawkey said:

Thanks for reminding us Gorda ...I really hope you have the shittest of winters and the snow blows horizontally at minus 20 degrees into your Viking face . Other than that I love the swedes ,especially in windy a Halmstad ! :GiveBeer1:

Lol i am in pattaya right now :) maybe go Ibar find Sexy lucky lady :Hug1:

34 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

Best team won, Croatia the better team..far more creativity, we lacked creativity throughout the tournament. Glad it never went to pens, that would have been brutal to watch, and somebody would fail..not deserved. Maybe next time for us, hopefully with someone better than sterling up front!

I don't understand why they persist with Sterling.

2 minutes ago, matta said:

I don't understand why they persist with Sterling.

Nice dart!!

12 minutes ago, Gorda said:

Lol i am in pattaya right now :) maybe go ibar find Sexy lucky lady :Hug1:

Good man ...enjoy yourself . After all, footballs only a game . Take care .

Can someone go check on @Captain Dave he’s been a bit quiet this morning 555 

1 hour ago, jimmy2sheds said:

Im CROATIAN AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. England are shit. Also who cares what Ian rush thinks.......Qatar 2022 will be your year. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

As said already this was the first proper opposition they have faced on their easy route to tonight and their deficiencies and youth/lack of experience showed. 

10 Reasons I cant be arsed -

1 hour ago, Taptap said:

Both England - Belgium matches are indeed meaningless.

Indeed. After already having played a meaningless match, the same 2 teams will do so again on Saturday. 

Apparently Theresa may made a call at half time of the World Cup game to the coach.

F4D1E384-B8D9-43F9-A074-F75B3C940C2F.jpeg

Pity England resorted to the age old long ball tactics & just couldn't match up Croatia in the midfield. They should have done so more effectively given Modric, Rakitic & the other Croat players were coming from 2 back to back 120 minute matches.

Seems, somehow they lost that nerve to hold the ball & play.

................................................................................................................

Archived