IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a crazy back and forth match today.

I think France has the skillset to win but I am  pulling for an england upset if they get past croatia!

Will France suffer a Waterloo? Will England have something to Crow At? More importantly will the Russians stay sober for the final>

90 Days with a Thai Girl in Oz

"Whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"

It matters not how strait the gate,How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. William Ernest Henley

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

It's wanting another team to lose that displays insecurities, wanting your Country to win is natural.

You should talk to a Scotsman on the WC, you'll no doubt enjoy comparing shoulder chips.

I beg to differ on your analysis because it is blinkered and one sided, with no appreciation

for what this team has achieved with a modest squad, which even many neutrals acknowledge. 

I can only assume you wish to cause argument, its certainly not an opinion with much depth.

Bliketed and one sided for what they have achieved??

You make this out as some great achievement

Tunisia who for all intensive purposes are not strong side and you should be beating 99 times out of 100

You required a last minute winner to scrape past them though

YOU WON - SO YOU SHOULD

Panama  who are the weakest side at the WC

Beating them is no achievement

YOU WON - SO YOU SHOULD

Belgium Neither side gave too much of a fuck about winning this game and played reserves but you have thge richest league on the planet supporting your side. Belgium have a mid tier Euro League so are punching on with a much bigger opponent

YOU LOST - YOU SHOULD BE BEATING BELGIUM

Colombia  Their team relies on one James Rodriguez

He pulls all the strings for them

When it came time for them to play England what chance Colombia had plummetted to next to nil

You required penalties to beat them FFS

YOU WON - SO YOU SHOULD YOU MADE HARDER WORK OF IT THAN YOU SHOULD HAVE

Sweden Just a plodding Scandanavian side who had over achieved to make a quarter final

YOU WON - SO YOU SHOULD HAVE

So you have won 4 games against teams you should BEAT

Yes 4 sides that are massively inferior and 1 was handicapped without their best player

You also lost to a side as well

So explain to me what a great achievement this is for England NT ??

You have beaten inferior opponents

If you dont make the Final you ought to shoot everyone of your players

Tunisia -Panama- Belgium in a dead rubber- Colombia-Sweden-Croatia

That for a path to a WC Final

Every nation in the world would like a run like that

Guys, just to settle things down a bit here, some posts removed. N2BN remember?

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Well i am hoping for a eng-france final so i can watch with my pommy friends i just hope it's not decided by penalties.

38 minutes ago, MFKS said:

Tunisia who for all intensive purposes are not strong side and you should be beating 99 times out of 100

YOU WON - SO YOU SHOULD

YOU WON - SO YOU SHOULD

Belgium Neither side gave too much of a fuck about winning this game and played reserves but you have thge richest league on the planet supporting your side. Belgium have a mid tier Euro League so are punching on with a much bigger opponent

When it came time for them to play England what chance Colombia had plummetted to next to nil

Sweden Just a plodding Scandanavian side who had over achieved to make a quarter final

Yes 4 sides that are massively inferior and 1 was handicapped without their best player

Biased opinion with no depth.

Yes, I stand by that assessment, which you've just confirmed at length.

1 hour ago, MFKS said:

YOU WON - SO YOU SHOULD

YOU WON - SO YOU SHOULD

I hope you dont mind me asking... but are you alright???

Whoever wrote the script of world cup 2018, he is a master.

More twists than a O.Henry story.

Its coming home lads

I can obviously understand all English people wanting the whole of England to get behind their team and cheer them on to World Cup glory,there’s no question they’ve had a piss easy route to the semis,and good luck with that,but it’s no wonder the whole of the uk won’t get behind them,here’s a photo of the front page of the Sun newspaper on the day when Wales were playing their semifinal against Portugal in 2016, compared to the picture on the right of today’s Sun ,in 2016 there was just a tiny footnote in the top right hand pointing out that one of the Welsh players was actually English,(he wasn’t the only one either),petty,biased journalism at its best,instead of getting behind the Welsh team who progressed without getting knocked out by a bunch of part timers,it’s nothing to do with non English people having chips on their shoulders,it’s just typical English arrogance,they want the whole of the UK to get behind England,but weren’t prepared to do get behind Wales,a small nation punching above its weight,I’m not small minded enough to hope England fail,but I don’t think it will break my heart either.

A99BF75A-B917-46EC-B759-6F74C4047924.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Balamory said:

I can obviously understand all English people wanting the whole of England to get behind their team and cheer them on to World Cup glory,there’s no question they’ve had a piss easy route to the semis,and good luck with that,but it’s no wonder the whole of the uk won’t get behind them,here’s a photo of the front page of the Sun newspaper on the day when Wales were playing their semifinal against Portugal in 2016, compared to the picture on the right of today’s Sun ,in 2016 there was just a tiny footnote in the top right hand pointing out that one of the Welsh players was actually English,(he wasn’t the only one either),petty,biased journalism at its best,instead of getting behind the Welsh team who progressed without getting knocked out by a bunch of part timers,it’s nothing to do with non English people having chips on their shoulders,it’s just typical English arrogance,they want the whole of the UK to get behind England,but weren’t prepared to do get behind Wales,a small nation punching above its weight,I’m not small minded enough to hope England fail,but I don’t think it will break my heart either.

Isnt there Welsh editions of the sun newspaper, not long ago i came back from a match in London, the southern front page was different to the northern editions (yorkshire in my case).

11 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Isnt there Welsh editions of the sun newspaper, not long ago i came back from a match in London, the southern front page was different to the northern editions (yorkshire in my case).

That’s correct vim,I still stick with my point tho,that’s still the headline on all the regional papers !,don’t get me wrong,I still hope England win tonight,but I was disappointed with the lack of backing from the national press when Wales made the semis tho ,still my mother was an English lass,so I guess there’s one and half lions on my shirt :D 

27 minutes ago, bobbybgood said:

What Balamory said above goes to the heart of the matter. A.B.E

What does A.B.E mean please ? 

20 minutes ago, Balamory said:

That’s correct vim,I still stick with my point tho,that’s still the headline on all the regional papers !,don’t get me wrong,I still hope England win tonight,but I was disappointed with the lack of backing from the national press when Wales made the semis tho ,still my mother was an English lass,so I guess there’s one and half lions on my shirt :D 

5b46183174e70_download(2)l.jpg.ef224830e50c237d41bca9e46fda42b6.jpg

How would this do Balmory, keep everyone happy then!:P

39 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

5b46183174e70_download(2)l.jpg.ef224830e50c237d41bca9e46fda42b6.jpg

How would this do Balmory, keep everyone happy then!:P

Superb mate !, Cheers for that ! :D

Used to think Belgium would do it this year but now I guess France have the best team, would be astonished and delighted if England can bring it home.....

2 hours ago, Balamory said:

I've never asked, or expected the rest of the UK to get behind England, that's up to them and I lived

too long in Scotland to expect much of it.

I wouldn't cite the Sun as being an authority on anything much.

I will just note that all the English people I knew wished Wales well, as I did.

Nervously optimistic as I head off to Retox with my beloved, both in England shirts.

Someone's not happy!

1 hour ago, Captain Dave said:

I've never asked, or expected the rest of the UK to get behind England, that's up to them and I lived

too long in Scotland to expect much of it.

I wouldn't cite the Sun as being an authority on anything much.

I will just note that all the English people I knew wished Wales well, as I did.

Nervously optimistic as I head off to Retox with my beloved, both in England shirts.

Good luck Capt,I’d seriously give my left bollock to be in Patts watching the game tonight,all the best,I mean that ! 

Archived