Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

Belgium have beaten 6 WC winners

France have beaten 4 WC winners

Croatia have beaten 2 WC winners

England have beaten nobody

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you watch Argentina they were dire thats why this name team ideaolgy is bollocks

Belgium are not a name team with no great history in the world cup yet made the semi final

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/world-cup/news/world-cup-2018-whats-at-stake-for-france-belgium-england-croatia-chasing-world-cup-trophy-in-russia/

ITS COMING HOME

3 hours ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

The English will disagree but I think this should be the final

I think the Croats might disagree also. Luckily, there is as much chance of a belgium v france final as there is of a germany v  portugal final...zero.

Just now, rope-a-dope said:

there is as much chance of a belgium v france final as there is of a germany v  portugal final...zero.

really wow .... that's news to me! :rolleyes:

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

1 minute ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

really wow .... that's news to me! :rolleyes:

Always happy to help those lesser able than myself.

1 hour ago, MFKS said:

Yet here we are, in the final 4.

Shows how brilliant the England team are.

Its coming home

5 hours ago, Taptap said:

True, according to Oxford dictionary. But it also proves this game was originally called "Association football" or "football" in brief. Soccer is just a nickname.

"

What is the origin of the word soccer?

The word soccer comes from an abbreviation for Association (from Association Football, the 'official' name for the game) plus the addition of the suffix –er. This suffix (originally Rugby School slang, and then adopted by Oxford University), was appended to 'shortened' nouns, in order to form jocularwords.

Yes, all the earliest clubs are called such-and-such AFC (association Football Club)

3 hours ago, blue1878 said:

I'd love to be watching the game in a bar in Pattaya

BUT

A pub in England full of English fans and drinking Cask Bitter is a good alternative

The main advantage is the sexy 'bikini girl' service.

1 hour ago, Taptap said:

I keep hearing that every 4th year :D

Indeed, as the bitter-sweet anthem 'coming home' alludes to - one reason the catchy song written for 

Euro '96 has proved so popular - it reflects the joys, hopes and all too often disappointments of following England

down the decades.  

Spain used to have a similar record of underachievement in Tournaments.

However, its bound to happen one day - and there is a momentum and spirit in this England side,

despite their lack of superstars, that has captured the Nation's imagination. 

1 hour ago, everard said:

i believe theres a law on the books that says you can be fined 2p if you don,t practise with your longbow on sunday.

The 'Robin Hood' Tax? 

1 hour ago, MFKS said:

England would have to be the weakest team to make a semi in years

Beating Panama & Tunisia to get out of the group

Colombia on pens who were missing their best player

Sweden who were as flat as a tack

But no dumb cunts reckon it is coming home??

They are the luckiest fuckers in the comp.

The other teams have had to beat a "name" team or two to get to the Semis

They have had the softest run in many a year

Best part about all this is the hype that is going on will see them think they can actually play in the future and they will go into the Euros and Qatar thinking they are going to win it

Reality will still say they are not that good

Rated 12 in the World by FIFA before the Tournament, so actually not surprising, if you follow form,

that they are there or there-abouts.

They can only play who they are set up against.

A nervous but winning start against Tunisia, a demolition of Panama who they beat by 5 goals, 

(as big a margin as any other win in the tournament), a clever defeat against Belgium to get a better draw,

completely outplayed Colombia who never remotely looked like scoring until the 93rd minute and a dominating

display against a solid, well organised and defensive Sweden.

They have grown in confidence and maturity as the Tournament progresses, look bloody lethal at

set pieces, pacy on both wings in attack with the WC's highest scorer in Harry Kane (overdue a goal

after not scoring in open play for 2 games).

The goalkeeper and players such as Mcguire, Trippier and Walker have shone in a way nobody expected,

especially considering their lack of caps.

They are playing with a team spirit and determination (as shown against a dirty Colombia) which has

impressed all neutrals as well as the Nation at home.

Reality will show that actually they are a bloody good team, and far better than anyone dared hope before the finals.

1 hour ago, MFKS said:

Germany WC winners Knocked out by S.Korea never won a WC

Spain WC winners knocked out by Russia who have never won a WC

Brazil WC winners knocked out by Belgium who have never won a WC

See my point?

Oh... I see by your flag you're an Ozzie so we can see where the massive resentment comes from:

Australia Knocked out having never won a game.

6 minutes ago, insider said:

Germany WC winners Knocked out by S.Korea never won a WC

Spain WC winners knocked out by Russia who have never won a WC

Brazil WC winners knocked out by Belgium who have never won a WC

See my point?

Oh... I see by your flag you're an Ozzie so we can see where the massive resentment comes from:

Australia Knocked out having never won a game.

Be gentle with our aussie brethren, they suffered a 5-0 whitewash at cricket then embarrassed themselves in the world cup....gently gently. As for England in the world cup, we have already surpassed expectations, but we need to seize opportunity and win it, nothing else counts for shit....whoever said "it's the taking part that counts.." should be put up against a wall and shot. We are certainly not favourites, we will need more slices of good fortune, but we can only hope.

Just wish England would use Jerusalem as its anthem. Really like the Irish song at the recent rugger v Aus & listening to Flower of Scotland at Twickers was great & we know how good the Welsh singing is.

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Talking of stats and methods of its coming home

Be prepared for your mind to be blown:

England won the world cup in 1966, 52 years ago.

We are in the year 2018.

2018 - 52 = 1966

IT'S COMING HOME!

I don't think England are likely to win the World Cup this time round, but I do think that their time is coming soon. England won both the Under-20 and Under-17 World Cups last year, which means that they have a ton of young talent right now who are potentially going to be the seed of a future Golden Generation.

I’m not English bashing for the sake of it,but I’ll bloody emigrate from the UK if England win it,they’ve had the easiest route to the semi finals in WC history,we’ll never hear  the last of it ,I’d give em credit if they’d taken some big scalps along the way,but they haven’t,it’s true you can only what’s in front of you,but this average side,with an average manager are suddenly deemed as world beaters,after beating some rubbish sides,it’s great to see a nation get behind their national team,but I notice the very biased English media,are failing to report on some “celebrations “ going to far,English fans wrecking an Ikea store after England had beaten a crap Swedish team,how moronic is that ?,I should get behind the English team really,but we haven’t stopped hearing about 1966 yet,when at least a superb English team won it in style! sorry,but I hope/pray that England don’t win it ! 

Fifa... hands down

14 minutes ago, Balamory said:

I’m not English bashing for the sake of it,but I’ll bloody emigrate from the UK if England win it,they’ve had the easiest route to the semi finals in WC history,we’ll never hear  the last of it ,I’d give em credit if they’d taken some big scalps along the way,but they haven’t,it’s true you can only what’s in front of you,but this average side,with an average manager are suddenly deemed as world beaters,after beating some rubbish sides,it’s great to see a nation get behind their national team,but I notice the very biased English media,are failing to report on some “celebrations “ going to far,English fans wrecking an Ikea store after England had beaten a crap Swedish team,how moronic is that ?,I should get behind the English team really,but we haven’t stopped hearing about 1966 yet,when at least a superb English team won it in style! sorry,but I hope/pray that England don’t win it ! 

What a cry baby...relax! Always people like you..never anything positive. So a few drunks got excited, so what, happens every weekend....everywhere. Emigrate you say? I'll tell you what, I'll help you pack your bags and give you a lift to the station..good riddance.

21 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

What a cry baby...relax! Always people like you..never anything positive. So a few drunks got excited, so what, happens every weekend....everywhere. Emigrate you say? I'll tell you what, I'll help you pack your bags and give you a lift to the station..good riddance.

:D,if England win it,I’ll pm you with my address,you can come and help me pack like you promised,you can also call me a cry baby to my face !, should be interesting! :D

37 minutes ago, Balamory said:

:D,if England win it,I’ll pm you with my address,you can come and help me pack like you promised,you can also call me a cry baby to my face !, should be interesting! :D

Yeah sure, whatever you say big man....but you ain't going anywhere though are you if England win, so it's all moot.  Now stop jinxing the inevitable with all this natter.

1 hour ago, rope-a-dope said:

Yeah sure, whatever you say big man....but you ain't going anywhere though are you if England win, so it's all moot.  Now stop jinxing the inevitable with all this natter.

I bloody am , I’m going to live in a Cave ! and you are helping me pack !,seriously tho,I’m just jealous coz my team aren’t there,I’ve got a lot of English mates ,and my late mother was English,so I’ll stop being bitter and twisted,and wish you good luck :D

2 hours ago, Balamory said:

Its cup football, when a team wins a tournament  the accolades arn`t followed by.......`well they had an easy opponent in that round`,  ``lucky in this round, `and the round before it was never a pen`, sure England were`nt handed the hardest group which was great, it means a better chance of reaching the latter stages.Anyone who wants to come up against the best teams in a cup tournament arn`t right in the head!

You had your day in the sun at the Euros, its our turn now!:Grin3:

9 hours ago, MFKS said:

Argentina

Argentina were poor, and very lucky to qualify for the group stages.........plus the fact their chief cheerleader is a fat coke snorting buffoon so thats another negative!

Archived