IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

1 minute ago, vimto66 said:

Its cup football, when a team wins a tournament  the accolades arn`t followed by.......`well they had an easy opponent in that round`,  ``lucky in this round, `and the round before it was never a pen`, sure England were`nt handed the hardest group which was great, it means a better chance of reaching the latter stages.Anyone who wants to come up against the best teams in a cup tournament arn`t right in the head!

Argentina were poor, and very lucky to qualify for the group stages.........plus the fact their chief cheerleader is a fat coke snorting buffoon so thats another negative!

I agree vim,I’ll admit to my shortcomings( of which there are many ), I’ll admit I’m a bit jealous coz my team aren’t there,I’d have loved to see an in form Gareth Bale strutting his stuff on the big stage ! ,forgive my petty jealousies my English friends please ! 

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Balamory said:

I agree vim,I’ll admit to my shortcomings( of which there are many ), I’ll admit I’m a bit jealous coz my team aren’t there,I’d have loved to see an in form Gareth Bale strutting his stuff on the big stage ! ,forgive my petty jealousies my English friends please ! 

Its ok mate i know its mainly tongue in cheek with no real bitterness, unlike another who i shall not name!:rolleyes:

my heart says england but my brain says either france or belgium.

Amazing unpredictable world cup this has been.  One of the best in recent memory.

Croatia just fired their one of their coaches.

16 hours ago, rope-a-dope said:

Yeah sure, whatever you say big man....but you ain't going anywhere though are you if England win, so it's all moot.  Now stop jinxing the inevitable with all this natter.

That would actually require them to win it

I think he is pretty safe in that bet

#ItsNotGoingHome

The best part about this is it is actually going to hurt your prospects for a long time

You think you have cracked some magic formula at this level

All you have done is got lucky with a weak draw falling your way allowing you to advance further than you deserve

Expectations going to go through the roof

I actually hoping you beat Croatia

Just so the fun goes up even more Sunday

43 minutes ago, MFKS said:

#ItsNotGoingHome

The best part about this is it is actually going to hurt your prospects for a long time

All you have done is got lucky with a weak draw falling your way allowing you to advance further than you deserve

What nonsense. Barely merits a response, but we are all fully aware of our good fortune in the draw and our limitations and ability. As for magic formula, not sure what you mean about that..perhaps you are referring to our hugely successful youth set up, and the way we are nurturing a bright future for English football? 

U17 - World cup winners 2017.

U19 - European champions.

U20- World cup winners 2017.

Croatia is not making a lot of friends at this World Cup.

7 hours ago, MFKS said:

#ItsNotGoingHome

Whats with all the ire MFKS, you do get angry over silly things on a regular basis, a while ago you went on a tirade because mcdonalds opened a new branch on soi buakhao, then you went on one about the dance floor in the bamboo bar,:Laugh1: and now the bitterness about a young England team who have done better than expected and got to a world cup semi, they may well lose to Croatia then again they might win, irrespective of either outcome they`ve had a great tournament!

Do you try and rub people up the wrong way on purpose, or is it a natural trait?

France of course. It's our world cup. Croatia or england we don't care. We are dogs in the field.

Envoyé de mon LON-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Against Uruguay & now against Belgium in the semis France showed that they have something more than just a collection of brilliant individual players. Hard to take a punt against them now.

................................................................................................................

Would be good to see England win but I’m not sure they will. 

Edit - if they do win the whole thing however we will all be subjected to another 50 years of incessant promises that next time will be the one. 

10 Reasons I cant be arsed -

France of course. It's our world cup. Croatia or england we don't care. We are dogs in the field.

Would be nice to see that as England don't deserve to win. Lucky to reach this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

France deserves by far to win this year, exactly 20 years after 1998.

Paris was on fire tonight !

All i have done is state i am looking forward to them lose that they wont win the WC becauae they are not that good and have got lucky with a fortuitous draw to get this far

What exactly is the problem with my opinion??

It is all it is a contrasting opinion

Maybe some people need to be a little less insecure about things??

Wow someone does not rate your football team.... 

It isnt time to get the tissues out and cry is it??

8 minutes ago, MFKS said:

All i have done is state i am looking forward to them lose that they wont win the WC becauae they are not that good and have got lucky with a fortuitous draw to get this far

What exactly is the problem with my opinion??

It is all it is a contrasting opinion

Maybe some people need to be a little less insecure about things??

Wow someone does not rate your football team.... 

It isnt time to get the tissues out and cry is it??

Looking forward to them losing! That really isn't really an opinion. Is just a way to stir up their board spporters.

9 minutes ago, Tarl said:

Looking forward to them losing! That really isn't really an opinion. Is just a way to stir up their board spporters.

Still my opinion though isnt it??

If people are upset about someone wanting a football team to lose and get stirred up then that is more to do with their deep seated insecurities about themselves

5 hours ago, fabfour011 said:

Well congratulations on winning last night.

Belgium dominated possession and to be frank I would have feared them more in the final, but

we'll see what happens tonight when we play Croatia.

If we make the final, France will be favourites, but England will give you a game, that's for sure.  

1 hour ago, krishpiscean said:

Would be nice to see that as England don't deserve to win. Lucky to reach this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let me guess, your side not in it?

The side that 'deserves to win' is the one that beats those put up against it all the way to the final.

So the winner, whoever among the three still in the competition, does indeed deserve to win. 

Are you seriously trying to suggest that a team knocked out is more deserving to win??? - how weird.

By that logic Leeds have deserved to win the FA Cup every year since 1972.

PS: In what way are England lucky to have got this far?

Second in their group, by a big margin over the 3rd team, then outplaying both Colombia

and Sweden. We beat Colombia on penalties, but they were lucky to get a 93rd minute 

equaliser with the only real chance they had all game.

I think you're a bit biased.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but, but what time does the England -Croatia match come on tonight/morning here in Thailand. Any channels on Sophon cable with English speaking commentators ?? Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, MFKS said:

Still my opinion though isnt it??

If people are upset about someone wanting a football team to lose and get stirred up then that is more to do with their deep seated insecurities about themselves

It's wanting another team to lose that displays insecurities, wanting your Country to win is natural.

You should talk to a Scotsman on the WC, you'll no doubt enjoy comparing shoulder chips.

I beg to differ on your analysis because it is blinkered and one sided, with no appreciation

for what this team has achieved with a modest squad, which even many neutrals acknowledge. 

I can only assume you wish to cause argument, its certainly not an opinion with much depth.

3 minutes ago, DaoTalok said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned but, but what time does the England -Croatia match come on tonight/morning here in Thailand. Any channels on Sophon cable with English speaking commentators ?? Thanks in advance.

0100 I'm afraid.

Not sure about Sophon, but will be on one of the main sports channels, certainly with True Vision boxes

there is an English commentary option. 

I'll be in Retox on Soi Lengkee where there will be a huge crowd.

Just now, Captain Dave said:

0100 I'm afraid.

Not sure about Sophon, but will be on one of the main sports channels, certainly with True Vision boxes

there is an English commentary option. 

I'll be in Retox on Soi Lengkee where there will be a huge crowd.

THANKS DAVE

Ch 66 on my tv astro supersport on sophon 0100 hrs.

Archived