I kid you not. 

image.jpeg

No rocket science here ey !

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, tweedle-dee said:

No rocket science here ey !

I've lived in both England and Sweden and this doesn't come as any surprise to me. The Swedish girls are so much better looking than the English women it's not funny!

13 minutes ago, robbo1100 said:

I've lived in both England and Sweden and this doesn't come as any surprise to me. The Swedish girls are so much better looking than the English women it's not funny!

We had too many coal miners and steel workers.. while men sat on there arses  waiting for the butter on the bread:Number1a:

48 minutes ago, robbo1100 said:

The Swedish girls are so much better looking than the English women it's not funny!

Friendly too. I went there when I was a young man with my flat mates who were basically the cast from  The  Young Ones. Sitting in a bar,  a pretty girl came over and said "My friends heard your English accents, can we sit with you?". My mates were so shocked they couldn't speak and just grunted incomprehensibly to the girls questions.

(Now I'm old cynical bugger I know they were just after our duty free vodka.)

image.jpeg

If you're not thinking about pussy then you're just not concentrating.

17 minutes ago, helman2000 said:

Friendly too. I went there when I was a young man with my flat mates who were basically the cast from  The  Young Ones. Sitting in a bar,  a pretty girl came over and said "My friends heard your English accents, can we sit with you?". My mates were so shocked they couldn't speak and just grunted incomprehensibly to the girls questions.

image.jpeg

Haha... yes, those Scandinavian women are very straighforward!

30 minutes ago, helman2000 said:

image.jpeg

Classic ! PA is becoming enjoyable  lately .

I was in a bar tonight sitting next to a guy with a Croatian shirt, I asked him where in Croatia he came from . He replied Glasgow

I don't know a lot about football/soccer but I overheard an argument in the pub on Saturday between an English guy and an Aussie. The Aussie was stirring the English guy about the coming home slogan, saying it's false because the game was invented in China. I did a quick google search and there is a ancient Chinese game called cuju, which involves kicking a ball through a net and hands are not allowed.

Anyone no more about this?

18 minutes ago, Convict said:

I don't know a lot about football/soccer but I overheard an argument in the pub on Saturday between an English guy and an Aussie. The Aussie was stirring the English guy about the coming home slogan, saying it's false because the game was invented in China. I did a quick google search and there is a ancient Chinese game called cuju, which involves kicking a ball through a net and hands are not allowed.

kicking a "ball" around has been about since ancient times in one form or another, some tribes traditionally kicked the head of their victims about to celebrate the victory, you Aussies yourselves kick a ball about in another sport, as do the yanks. You googled it, read up on it...what do you want to know from us? Organised football in it's current form originated in England....I think your google search would have told you that.

https://www.football-bible.com/soccer-info/who-invented-football.html

Before you ask yes, we also invented cricket and rugby..no need to thank us for the joy we bring to billions. England...the gift that keeps giving :D

1 hour ago, rope-a-dope said:

kicking a "ball" around has been about since ancient times in one form or another, some tribes traditionally kicked the head of their victims about to celebrate the victory, you Aussies yourselves kick a ball about in another sport, as do the yanks. You googled it, read up on it...what do you want to know from us? Organised football in it's current form originated in England....I think your google search would have told you that.

https://www.football-bible.com/soccer-info/who-invented-football.html

Lol, the point is cuju is very similar to soccer, you know the part about scoring into a net and no hands.

Wonder what the pommy fans will do if they win the cup

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/england-fans-smash-ambulance-let-loose-in-ikea-after-win-over-sweden-20180709-p4zqb6.html

England fans smash ambulance, let loose in IKEA after win over Sweden
9 July 2018 — 8:37am
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Send via Email
Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size
Emergency services hit out at the "disgraceful" minority of England fans who marked the team's passage to the World Cup semi-finals with disorder.

Some fans were filmed entering Swedish furniture store Ikea after the 2-0 quarter final win over Sweden, chanting "football's coming home", disrupting displays and throwing items around.

LBC Breaking

@lbcbreaking
 A group of #England fans celebrating the teams 2-nil win over Sweden were filmed jumping on furniture and throwing things around at an #Ikea store in London.  Staff at the Swedish-founded shop watched in horror as fans flooded in #WorldCup (video @KingMo786 )

6:20 AM - Jul 8, 2018
1,830 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Sergeant Wayne Baker, with West Yorkshire Police, tweeted his disgust after pictures emerged of revellers dancing on top of an ambulance in central London.

"When I see behaviour like this it makes me anything but proud to be English .... You are a total disgrace. As for our National Football Team ... that does make me proud to be English!" he wrote.

London Ambulance Service published images of the damage to the vehicle.

Advertisement

Emergency service: An ambulance is in for repairs after it was damaged by England fans celebrating.
Emergency service: An ambulance is in for repairs after it was damaged by England fans celebrating.

Photo: AAP
"We're delighted with the result, but this has put a big dampener on the celebrations for us: while our officer attended a call nearby, this car was damaged in Borough High Street during the celebrations after the game, it's now off the road to be repaired," they wrote.

Emergency services urged people to share photos on social media to help them find people who damaged the car.

One woman who jumped up and down on the response car, and whose image was widely circulated, has been traced, according to Poplar Police.

"Fairly sure every single one of them will enjoy explaining to the courts why they thought damaging London Ambulance vehicles was the appropriate response to England winning," Tower Hamlets Police wrote on Twitter.

Meanwhile, West Midlands police said it took the most ever 999 calls in its history, logging 3276 in 24 hours owing to "a mix of the sun, World Cup, and alcohol".

A spokesman for the Met said there had not been a spike in call-outs, despite the hysteria following England's victory over Sweden.

The match was held on the same weekend as the London Pride Parade, Wireless Festival and British Summertime Hyde Park, which brought swathes of tourists to the capital.

Videos posted to social media saw huge crowds fill the streets in cities across the country after the team made it through to the World Cup semi-finals.

In Nottingham, a group of supporters were seen dancing on top of a bus shelter, while other clips from Manchester and Birmingham showed people on top of buses with their shirts off.

Footage from Clapham, south London, sees a fan plunge through a glass bus stop roof after leaping from the top of a double-decker bus.

In one video, a car can be seen with a smashed roof and windscreen in Nottingham.

Street party: England fans have been taking to the streets in celebration all over the country.
Street party: England fans have been taking to the streets in celebration all over the country.

A crowd of supporters were also filmed rushing into an Ikea store in Stratford, east London, dancing on the furniture and kicking items around.

"We are aware of a small group of fans celebrating the match result in one of our stores," an Ikea spokeswoman said.

"Being both British and Swedish, we were on the edge of our seats during the game and we would like to say 'Grattis!' (that's congratulations in Swedish) to the England team for getting through to the semi-finals."

England will meet Croatia in the semi-final on Wednesday evening.

They will play either France or Belgium in the final, held on Sunday, should they get there.

www.sugarcanemafia.com

1 hour ago, Convict said:

Lol, the point is cuju is very similar to soccer, you know the part about scoring into a net and no hands.

No the point is you infer it was invented in China, when in reality games with balls being kicked with no hands had a habit of showing up regardless of other cultures, with one culture never having influenced another, be it Egypt, S. America or medieval England (or earlier still) the modern game is English in every way. The game we refer to as football (or soccer in the US) which has the rules and goal posts, etc is beyond doubt English. As you mention , anyone saying different is just some sad wind-up merchant.

2 hours ago, rope-a-dope said:

Before you ask yes, we also invented cricket and rugby..no need to thank us for the joy we bring to billions. England...the gift that keeps giving :D

And kind of invented baseball.

1 hour ago, insider said:

No the point is you infer it was invented in China, when in reality games with balls being kicked with no hands had a habit of showing up regardless of other cultures, with one culture never having influenced another, be it Egypt, S. America or medieval England (or earlier still) the modern game is English in every way. The game we refer to as football (or soccer in the US) which has the rules and goal posts, etc is beyond doubt English. As you mention , anyone saying different is just some sad wind-up merchant.

Wiki says otherwise:

"According to FIFA, the Chinese competitive game cuju (蹴鞠, literally "kick ball") is the earliest form of football for which there is evidence.[4] Cuju players could use any part of the body apart from hands and the intent was kicking a ball through an opening into a net. It was remarkably similar to modern football, though similarities to rugby occurred.[15][16] During the Han Dynasty (206 BC – 220 AD), cuju games were standardised and rules were established.[15]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football

1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

And kind of invented baseball.

Also golf (well OK that's Scottish), tennis, snooker, darts and half a hundred other sports,

including downhill skiing as we know it today.

8 minutes ago, gandt said:

Wiki says otherwise:

"According to FIFA, the Chinese competitive game cuju (蹴鞠, literally "kick ball") is the earliest form of football for which there is evidence.[4] Cuju players could use any part of the body apart from hands and the intent was kicking a ball through an opening into a net. It was remarkably similar to modern football, though similarities to rugby occurred.[15][16] During the Han Dynasty (206 BC – 220 AD), cuju games were standardised and rules were established.[15]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football

Maybe, but not the modern game, as codified in England in the 1800's

FIFA are notoriously anti-English (we keep pointing out the corruption) and are clearly embarrassed at its modern roots.

Football was illegal for several hundred years in England - to encourage Archery practice.

14 hours ago, bluechef said:

Just a little reminder to all the dyslexic Australians and Americans , What do you think the F in  FA, UEFA And FIFA stand for. Little clue it ain't soccer. Answers on a post card please

If its not soccer how did you manage to navigate your way onto this thread. Everyone knows its soccer. It should be SIFA. Please ask the powers that be to amend that please

edit: just realised the last F is for football 555. Should be FISA

12 Pints in Know it all

'Its coming home' has in a few short days become an irritating, though infectious slogan - I love it.

As an Englishman who lived in Scotland for 44 years, even from Pattaya 6,000 miles away I can smell

the fear from north of Hadrian's Wall that maybe, just maybe.... it is.

2 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

If its not soccer how did you manage to navigate your way onto this thread. Everyone knows its soccer. It should be SIFA. Please ask the powers that be to amend that please

Just get back to that silly version you lot love, where the shorts are homo-erotic and you get points for missing the goal.

No true Football fan calls it soccer.

3 minutes ago, Captain Dave said:

Just get back to that silly version you lot love, where the shorts are homo-erotic and you get points for missing the goal.

No true Football fan calls it soccer.

Lol. Yes we dont watch much "football' in australia, we like our games with heaps of points. But I must admit I have woken up early a few times to watch some of the games. It s actually pretty exciting in the knockout stage. The games are at shitty times for us. Midnight and 4am. Not easy when working during the day

12 Pints in Know it all

41 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

Lol. Yes we dont watch much "football' in australia, we like our games with heaps of points. But I must admit I have woken up early a few times to watch some of the games. It s actually pretty exciting in the knockout stage. The games are at shitty times for us. Midnight and 4am. Not easy when working during the day

Another hands game that is called football. Don't understand this at all..... why not call golf or tennis  ; even Fomula1 , football as well?

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

5 hours ago, Convict said:

First recorded football-goalpost game was in China. The Incas also played a similar game but it was with hands and if i'm not wrong , the losers lose their heads as well!

The English organised the game into what it is today.

I use whatever stirs more shit to gain more advantage in my then-argument! :)

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

4 hours ago, froddo said:

Wonder what the pommy fans will do if they win the cup

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/england-fans-smash-ambulance-let-loose-in-ikea-after-win-over-sweden-20180709-p4zqb6.html

England fans smash ambulance, let loose in IKEA after win over Sweden
9 July 2018 — 8:37am
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Send via Email
Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size
Emergency services hit out at the "disgraceful" minority of England fans who marked the team's passage to the World Cup semi-finals with disorder.

Some fans were filmed entering Swedish furniture store Ikea after the 2-0 quarter final win over Sweden, chanting "football's coming home", disrupting displays and throwing items around.

LBC Breaking

@lbcbreaking
 A group of #England fans celebrating the teams 2-nil win over Sweden were filmed jumping on furniture and throwing things around at an #Ikea store in London.  Staff at the Swedish-founded shop watched in horror as fans flooded in #WorldCup (video @KingMo786 )

6:20 AM - Jul 8, 2018
1,830 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Sergeant Wayne Baker, with West Yorkshire Police, tweeted his disgust after pictures emerged of revellers dancing on top of an ambulance in central London.

"When I see behaviour like this it makes me anything but proud to be English .... You are a total disgrace. As for our National Football Team ... that does make me proud to be English!" he wrote.

London Ambulance Service published images of the damage to the vehicle.

Advertisement

"We're delighted with the result, but this has put a big dampener on the celebrations for us: while our officer attended a call nearby, this car was damaged in Borough High Street during the celebrations after the game, it's now off the road to be repaired," they wrote.

Emergency services urged people to share photos on social media to help them find people who damaged the car.

One woman who jumped up and down on the response car, and whose image was widely circulated, has been traced, according to Poplar Police.

"Fairly sure every single one of them will enjoy explaining to the courts why they thought damaging London Ambulance vehicles was the appropriate response to England winning," Tower Hamlets Police wrote on Twitter.

Meanwhile, West Midlands police said it took the most ever 999 calls in its history, logging 3276 in 24 hours owing to "a mix of the sun, World Cup, and alcohol".

A spokesman for the Met said there had not been a spike in call-outs, despite the hysteria following England's victory over Sweden.

The match was held on the same weekend as the London Pride Parade, Wireless Festival and British Summertime Hyde Park, which brought swathes of tourists to the capital.

Videos posted to social media saw huge crowds fill the streets in cities across the country after the team made it through to the World Cup semi-finals.

In Nottingham, a group of supporters were seen dancing on top of a bus shelter, while other clips from Manchester and Birmingham showed people on top of buses with their shirts off.

Footage from Clapham, south London, sees a fan plunge through a glass bus stop roof after leaping from the top of a double-decker bus.

In one video, a car can be seen with a smashed roof and windscreen in Nottingham.

A crowd of supporters were also filmed rushing into an Ikea store in Stratford, east London, dancing on the furniture and kicking items around.

"We are aware of a small group of fans celebrating the match result in one of our stores," an Ikea spokeswoman said.

"Being both British and Swedish, we were on the edge of our seats during the game and we would like to say 'Grattis!' (that's congratulations in Swedish) to the England team for getting through to the semi-finals."

England will meet Croatia in the semi-final on Wednesday evening.

They will play either France or Belgium in the final, held on Sunday, should they get there.

English people must be really proud of their football heritage!

Archived