IGNORED

American Sandwich Soi Buakhow

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Was in last night for burger special again, excellent.

What's on special for September?

There was a poster up in the restaurant for a chili dog special in September.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Does not appeal to me, so that the end of the beef burger then, shame.

I believe it was so popular they are going to keep it on the regular menu.

On 27/08/2017 at 22:26, Marcus85 said:

I didn't see where you said you have ever eaten at GASCO. Did I miss it?

If I feel like eating a good sandwich for lunch I don't give a shit if I have to take a single step up to get in the place. If you are an old geezer that needs assistance getting up that step, I'm sure the manager or other member of the staff would lend you a steady hand. 

Marcus85 you are absoulutley correct and I have seen quite a few assisted into the shop by our manager Dave.  He's more than happy to see to customers need.  Most people that have some dissability are not travelling alone and already have some assistance but Dave is a strong lad and more than happy to assist.

Most just need a steading hand and a little extra support. 

1 minute ago, Ferral said:

Marcus85 you are absoulutley correct and I have seen quite a few assisted into the shop by our manager Dave.  He's more than happy to see to customers need.  Most people that have some dissability are not travelling alone and already have some assistance but Dave is a strong lad and more than happy to assist.

Most just need a steading hand and a little extra support. 

they keep trying to help me up and I keep waving them off

On 01/09/2017 at 17:36, Syd Tybil said:

There was a poster up in the restaurant for a chili dog special in September.

Quite right, the Chilli Dog is this months Special it's a nother iconic American Sandwich.  We are trying to experiment with some new ideas and see what the reactions are.  If they are good like the Burger was maybe they will stay...if not then we'll try something new again.  We hope that we will adapt the menu over time and have something good for everyone.

21298599_10211669809954779_124157206_o.jpg

We are also introducing a new Lunchtime specials menu.......Offering a combination of Sandwiches and sides.

On 01/09/2017 at 20:21, Cerberus said:

I believe it was so popular they are going to keep it on the regular menu.

As Cerberus has pointed out the Burger was very popular and will stay on the menu as well as being included in our Specials lineup.

21299034_10211669809994780_2086114510_o.jpg

32 minutes ago, jimboh said:

So the burger is only available on Friday?

And its not available alone, have to get with beer and fries?

I'm pretty sure the hamburger is available as a lunchtime combo special on a Friday, but on the main menu every day also.

16 hours ago, jimboh said:

So the burger is only available on Friday?

And its not available alone, have to get with beer and fries?

The burger is available any time....we have it as a Friday special with the combo deal as well...

I tested the chili cheese dog yesterday.  10 inches of greatness and service was very nice too. Nice to sit outside and watch the world go by. No problem with the stairs :)

IMG_20170905_155658.jpg

2 hours ago, jpmelville said:

I tested the chili cheese dog yesterday.  10 inches of greatness and service was very nice too. Nice to sit outside and watch the world go by. No problem with the stairs :)

IMG_20170905_155658.jpg

This picture is seriously depressing me... I'm 10.000 km away from GASCO and I still have to wait 9 more weeks before I get back... Ferral, please please please put this on the regular menu also as I really want to give this a try... ;-)

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

38 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

This picture is seriously depressing me... I'm 10.000 km away from GASCO and I still have to wait 9 more weeks before I get back... Ferral, please please please put this on the regular menu also as I really want to give this a try... ;-)

But you have to do it right and get the chili cheese fries also.

50 minutes ago, Marcus85 said:

But you have to do it right and get the chili cheese fries also.

Sounds great but I am worried I won't be able to get down those evil stairs if I add the fries as well... 

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

9 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

It's actually been a lot more popular that we anticipated to be honest.  I myself tried it for the first time last night too.  The Chili I had tried before on it's own for quality purposes and it was great, but the Dog didn't really appeal to me. I like mine with Saurkraut bacon mustard and cheese....but that's not American....555  The thing that makes it, apart from the chilli of course, is that Hot Dog.  It's a fantastic smoked Hot Dog, far better quality than I've seen around before....no lips and a$$holes went into making that Hot Dog...

With the popularity of it I can't see any reason that it won't stay to be quite honest.  Although it may not appear on the menu until we have them re-printed again.

9 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

Sounds great but I am worried I won't be able to get down those evil stairs if I add the fries as well... 

I was talking to Dave the manager about that, having a bit of a laugh.  He has assisted people into the shop with wheelchairs before and part of the design was a door wide enough to do so.

Sadly the evil 'marketing no-no' step will remain as will the seasonal floods that occur down the soi...

On my way to the Den so called my manager and asked if he had eaten yet, he declared he had a small sandwich about 2 hours before I called. Not wanting him to flag from lack of nourishment I called GASC and requested they take him the special chilli hot dog. I arrive as the CHD did, only to find out that the small sandwich he had early was in fact the meatball one from the GASC. He defended/justified his statement regards having only had a small sandwich earlier by the claim that he had only eater half the meatball sandwich keeping the rest for later and so by American standards he had only eaten a small sandwich.

Yep I will ask more specific questions in the future, although he did declare later that the CH was friggin great!

Another thumbs up for the chilli cheese dog. Had one on delivery the other day and I'm already considering getting another.

:Party1:

IMG_0057.jpg

Last night I tried the September special, the chili cheese dog for 195 baht and a small order of coleslaw for 45 baht. It was a  good meal!

IMG_0061.jpg

I wrote "meal" because there was enough food on my plate to fill me up. I couldn't have eaten any more at one sitting. I usually think of a chili dog as a snack, but this GASCO's chili dog was sufficient as my evening meal.

IMG_0069.jpg

Part of the reason it was so filling was the size of soft bread roll that encased the sausage and toppings. It was bigger and more bread-like than the hot dog buns with which most North Americans are familiar.

Untitled-1.jpg

The sausage, well-covered by the homemade chili topping- it wasn't just a sauce- was a high-quality German-style wiener, not a mystery meat hot dog. The ad for the September special says it's 10 inches, but I think it was more sausage than that, a longer and shorter piece that together stretched the length of the roll.

Untitled-2.jpg

The chili topping had plenty of ground beef as well as flavor.  It also had just the right amount of heat (for me at least) and wasn't sloppy. The cheese topping added a bit of contrast in texture and flavor. Same-same with the coleslaw.  It was the standard picnic variety with shredded cabbage and carrots, but not too heavy dressed.  Again, it provided contrast in texture and flavor.  It all went together very well.

IMG_0070.jpg

Bottom line:  If you enjoy U.S.-style chili dogs, then take advantage of GASCO's monthly special. It's also great value for money!

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

JFC!  I thought Pattaya was Heaven BEFORE....now there are possible chili cheese dog specials?!?  

Just when you think life can't get any better....IT DOES!

Can't wait to try this -- and the other sandwiches -- when I finally get back to Pattaya!

On 9/7/2017 at 09:21, Ferral said:

It's actually been a lot more popular that we anticipated to be honest.  I myself tried it for the first time last night too.  The Chili I had tried before on it's own for quality purposes and it was great, but the Dog didn't really appeal to me. I like mine with Saurkraut bacon mustard and cheese....but that's not American....555  The thing that makes it, apart from the chilli of course, is that Hot Dog.  It's a fantastic smoked Hot Dog, far better quality than I've seen around before....no lips and a$$holes went into making that Hot Dog...

With the popularity of it I can't see any reason that it won't stay to be quite honest.  Although it may not appear on the menu until we have them re-printed again.

I also like mine with Sauerkraut, and just because the kraut wasn't invented in the u.s. doesn't mean it's not American. I've had a Kraut dog off the carts in NYC, to me that's as American as you can get.

Have you ever thought about adding Corned beef, pastrami or roast beef to your menu? I would pay good money to get a corned beef on rye, with a pickle on the side. :GrinNod1:

I would argue that the quintessential "L.A. hot dog" is not the famed Dodger Dog or the offerings at Pink's, but instead is the bacon wrapped hot dogs grilled up by the Latino street vendors.  

Good God, I am convinced that they are the best smelling food item on the planet!  Get a few drinks in you and TRY to avoid buying one of them....

hotdogs.jpg

Archived