IGNORED

American Sandwich Soi Buakhow

That's mostly about cooking or heating vegetables in the microwave. Reheating meat is much different and the priority is taste, not retaining nutrients. The owner even said that it shouldn't taste like it was microwaved. Maybe using something like a steam table or a heat lamp to keep it warm would be a better method rather than microwaving it.

I have nothing against the restaurant and I commend the owner for being honest and coming on here looking for feedback. I think Subway uses a microwave to heat some of their stuff as well but I was hoping this place was above something like Subway. I still might drop by when I arrive next week and try a sandwich.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There nothing wrong with warming up meat in a microwave. It doesn't hurt anything, nor does it change the taste. It simply warms it.

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

That's mostly about cooking or heating vegetables in the microwave. Reheating meat is much different and the priority is taste, not retaining nutrients. The owner even said that it shouldn't taste like it was microwaved. Maybe using something like a steam table or a heat lamp to keep it warm would be a better method rather than microwaving it.

I have nothing against the restaurant and I commend the owner for being honest and coming on here looking for feedback. I think Subway uses a microwave to heat some of their stuff as well but I was hoping this place was above something like Subway. I still might drop by when I arrive next week and try a sandwich.

heat lamp will dry it out.  Modern microwaves heating up cycles dont cook it, just makes what you put in it warm.........there is a warming cycle on all of them

also the advantage is it cooks from the center out.  so many times I got a meatball sandwich from a place that heated it other than a mw and the center is good

he is doing it right and you should not worry how it does it, just how you get it

On 07/05/2017 at 6:27 PM, southsidebruce said:

another thing you might want to try - is to have quality coffee items - cappuccino, lattes, etc... for a pickMeUp after the sandwich... 

We do have great coffee available from a small shop across the road.  Daytime only but I'ts only 40bt for a great espresso. We considered buying a machine and may do in the future but for now it's easier to help and support the businesses nearby.

Also when you see our coffee lady you'll understand why we are over-caffinated on a daily basis.....!!

5 hours ago, Ferral said:

We do have great coffee available from a small shop across the road.  Daytime only but I'ts only 40bt for a great espresso. We considered buying a machine and may do in the future but for now it's easier to help and support the businesses nearby.

Also when you see our coffee lady you'll understand why we are over-caffinated on a daily basis.....!!

I can confirm. Coffee girl is outstanding. I bought a coffee just to talk to her and I don't even drink the shit lol. 

Was in for a meatball sub and chips tonight, cheers for the vinegar [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a few different sandwiches and they've all been nothing short of awesome. Even started ordering them to the bar when we had a party, always speedy and always delicious!

Full Time Reprobate

Part Time Buffalo Rider

Each time I see that title, it makes me think of double penetration.

I ate there last week and had the Chicken Parm sandwich.

It was just OK. Nothing special. Not  a lot of meat and the was a bit bread a bit dry. Otherwise tasty. But I was really lookign forward to biting into a nice thick chicken breast, which for me is the key to a good chicken Parm. 

From the pics of the other sandwiches and my own experience I think they may be skimping a bit on the meat.  

Coffee lady across the street is indeed a looker. May go back there for the coffee. But I think I will skip the sandwich place.  

The owner seems like a nice guy and he is trying. I don't mean to offend. Just sharing my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Uncle-V said:

I ate there last week and had the Chicken Parm sandwich.

It was just OK. Nothing special. Not  a lot of meat and the was a bit bread a bit dry. Otherwise tasty. But I was really lookign forward to biting into a nice thick chicken breast, which for me is the key to a good chicken Parm. 

From the pics of the other sandwiches and my own experience I think they may be skimping a bit on the meat.  

Coffee lady across the street is indeed a looker. May go back there for the coffee. But I think I will skip the sandwich place.  

The owner seems like a nice guy and he is trying. I don't mean to offend. Just sharing my opinion. 

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback...Not offended by anyones opinions or honest feedback, it's always welcome as it helps us improve.

The chicken breast is made that thin for a reason as it's tender and cooks through in a short amount of time.  It's not the same a Chicken Parmy that you would get on a plate true, but it is a sandwich.  I'm a little concerned that you thought the bread was a little dry and I'll follow up on that. The sandwich is nothing without good bread, wouldn't matter what was in it.

We do have a lot of people that like the chicken parmy, but it's nice to know you didn't.  If a sandwich isn't popular or people don't like it then we have the option of replacing it with something new. 

Thanks again...

Thanks for taking my criticism constructively. That is very professional. Not everything has to be a troll match on forums like this.

I envy you getting to see the coffee girl everyday. Hard job but someone has to do it!

20 minutes ago, Uncle-V said:

Thanks for taking my criticism constructively. That is very professional. Not everything has to be a troll match on forums like this.

I envy you getting to see the coffee girl everyday. Hard job but someone has to do it!

Wish I did get to see her everyday.. That would be Dave the manager. He flirts with her all the time and just to sink the boot in he's got the Ladyboy in the bar next door sweet on me... 

Its a constant source of amusement for him the bastard... 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Went down, and ordered a pulled pork sammy.

Like it, the staff was very responsive, doesn't hover, and enjoyed the music and layout too.

Only input I have is that pulled pork is a 10-15hr affair..this was good meat for sure, but didnt have the rendered-down flavor of good pulled pork.   Gotta let TIME render out the fats, and bits..to get that good flavor and "moist" pulled pork texture and flavor.  You cant rush that cooking/rendering process.  You end up just cooking the meat really fast without that happening.

Short of that...make up a finish sauce, or LIGHT BBQ sauce to serve with the pork IF you are not able to cook it low & slow that long.  Because without the rendering out of the fat in the meat, it is a little dry as-is.  

A really good affordable to make solution:  http://www.gregstarling.com/pulled-pork-finishing-sauce/

Its more a Carolina style sauce, not a Kansas City tomato/molasses based sauce.   Try it.   :)

Take this constructively please, Im coming back today to try something else, because it was still pretty good!

IYKYK

1 hour ago, speedtoy said:

Went down, and ordered a pulled pork sammy.

Like it, the staff was very responsive, doesn't hover, and enjoyed the music and layout too.

Only input I have is that pulled pork is a 10-15hr affair..this was good meat for sure, but didnt have the rendered-down flavor of good pulled pork.   Gotta let TIME render out the fats, and bits..to get that good flavor and "moist" pulled pork texture and flavor.  You cant rush that cooking/rendering process.  You end up just cooking the meat really fast without that happening.

Short of that...make up a finish sauce, or LIGHT BBQ sauce to serve with the pork IF you are not able to cook it low & slow that long.  Because without the rendering out of the fat in the meat, it is a little dry as-is.  

A really good affordable to make solution:  http://www.gregstarling.com/pulled-pork-finishing-sauce/

Its more a Carolina style sauce, not a Kansas City tomato/molasses based sauce.   Try it.   :)

Take this constructively please, Im coming back today to try something else, because it was still pretty good!

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback....much appreciated..

You really should talk with Dave the manager as the food is his department.  I know it's at least a 6-7 hour slow cook or you end up with roast pork...longer is always better of course and the American BBQ/smoke cooking would really allow this, the heat is indirect and can really slow cook for many hours.  Sadly we don't have the facilities for outdoor type cooking...and we are also limited on the size of the meat we can obtain which does change the cooking time too.

As for the sauce I've spoken with Dave about that and we do apply a small amount of finishing sauce to the pork.  Apparently depending on where you come from in some parts the pork should have more sauce and in other parts more on the dry side.  That's not to say that the meat itself should be nothing but moist and tender, it should never be dry,...

Extra sauce is always available if that's your preference.  But please take the time to talk with Dave as he is quite passionate about his food and the process he goes to in cooking it,...

Might i suggest trying the Cajun Chicken sub with Tomato and Pickles...we're thinking about changing this one as the dill flavour of the sauce really comes alive with the pickles...I think it's the way it should have been...

Hope to see you again and thanks again for taking the time for the feedback..

1 hour ago, jerrygarcia said:

As someone from the Chicago area I have to ask, have you thought about an Italian beef sandwich? 

I just had lunch with Jim from Pastrami on Rye the other day and we are looking at obtaining some of his products for our menu.  Not sure on exactly what sandwiches at this stage but we are hoping to introduce some new 'specials' for a month or so and gauge customer reactions.  First would be perhaps a Reuben to introduce another 'deli' style sandwich to the menu.

Again as I"m not the food expert I'll certainly pass on the suggestion, looks like a great sandwich to be honest.  The tang of the sweet and hot peppers would give it some 'pop' for sure. The beef isn't an issue as we've now found a great supplier but I'm sure some work will have to go into a good sauce made of the jus form the beef to really make it flavoursome...

Once gain, thanks for taking the time to post your ideas.....8)

1 minute ago, Ferral said:

I just had lunch with Jim from Pastrami on Rye the other day and we are looking at obtaining some of his products for our menu.  Not sure on exactly what sandwiches at this stage but we are hoping to introduce some new 'specials' for a month or so and gauge customer reactions.  First would be perhaps a Reuben to introduce another 'deli' style sandwich to the menu.

Again as I"m not the food expert I'll certainly pass on the suggestion, looks like a great sandwich to be honest.  The tang of the sweet and hot peppers would give it some 'pop' for sure. The beef isn't an issue as we've now found a great supplier but I'm sure some work will have to go into a good sauce made of the jus form the beef to really make it flavoursome...

Once gain, thanks for taking the time to post your ideas.....8)

I have NEVER had anyone say an Italian beef sandwich wasn't incredible.  Even multiple Japanese people with picky Japanese palates wanted to eat it multiple times on their trips to Chicago.  For some reason the sandwich has never expanded too far out of Chicago besides the "Portillos" chain.  It's so simple really, just beef, bread, and peppers.  I love Philly cheese steaks, but Italian beef shits all over it. 

I have to agree Italian beef sandwiches in Chicago are truly incredible but the sandwich hasn't traveled well. I don't think many people that haven't lived in Chicago even know about it and I doubt it would be easy to replicate well especially if you don't know what it's supposed to be from Chicago (including the bread). Much as I'd like to see a good Italian beef in Pattaya, I question the business wisdom of trying to do that and sell that here. 

On the other hand, you could do a take on Italian Beef (Chicago style) and only the minority of local people that know what it's supposed to be would know the difference.

1 hour ago, Kreggerz said:

I have to agree Italian beef sandwiches in Chicago are truly incredible but the sandwich hasn't traveled well. I don't think many people that haven't lived in Chicago even know about it and I doubt it would be easy to replicate well especially if you don't know what it's supposed to be from Chicago (including the bread). Much as I'd like to see a good Italian beef in Pattaya, I question the business wisdom of trying to do that and sell that here. 

On the other hand, you could do a take on Italian Beef (Chicago style) and only the minority of local people that know what it's supposed to be would know the difference.

Good points and well said.

57 minutes ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

This thread needs a few more pictures :D

Agreee especially of the coffee lady opposite. :Hug1:

37 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Agreee especially of the coffee lady opposite. :Hug1:

I'm more curious about the ladyboy next door :D

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

On 5/28/2017 at 5:19 PM, roger buttmore said:

I'm more curious about the ladyboy next door :D

Little miss five head

You're welcome :D

5head.jpg

:Party1:

• 3 weeks later...

Went for lunch today. I had the Rib Sandwich with fries and ordered an extra side coleslaw, medium size. It was a good meal, large portions I was stuffed after. 

I thought the hoagie roll was good quality bread and the ribs used are good and an adequate amount.

I'll keep it on the list for lunch stops.

IMAG0127.thumb.jpg.92917cc074fcac8aa0e67e7c1b839214.jpg

Archived