Jump to content
IGNORED

American Sandwich Soi Buakhow


Recommended Posts

Anyone tried this place?

The Pastrami & Rye place was shot down. I'm all for a great sandwich but the bread seems off.image.thumb.jpeg.c6e157df6ad774d1e7eb319937083347.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mr egg likes it

       *** I would rather have sex with a beautiful starfish.......than an ugly porn-star ***

                *** We are drowning in information ---- While starving for wisdom ***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, just hanging said:

mr egg likes it

Not sure I know Mr Egg but thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you will soon, got the coldest beer on Walking Street

       *** I would rather have sex with a beautiful starfish.......than an ugly porn-star ***

                *** We are drowning in information ---- While starving for wisdom ***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, just hanging said:

you will soon, got the coldest beer on walking street

That's actually hard to pass up!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, just hanging said:

you will soon, got the coldest beer on walking street

he might have when he gets hold of a chest fridge he has bought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

back on topic.

canadian chap running it

on buakaow near chaba hut resort and opposite jolly's

 

march 13 033 (Custom).JPG

 

march 20 015 (Custom).JPG

 

 

march 22 004 (Custom).JPG

 

no idea what it's like

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, striderman said:

no idea what it's like

Has blue seats and sells food designed to bring on heart attacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

2.jpg

I got around to trying this place and would rate it with one of the worst restaurant experiences I've had in Pattaya.

I don't know who owns it, but I would wager a sizable sum of money that they aren't American, despite the name. The food is so bland that I would also wager a sizable amount of money that they are English or maybe Irish. Does anybody know?

Yes, that is cheese whiz on top of my "Philly cheesesteak sandwich." LOL.  Philly cheesesteaks come with thinly sliced provolone. It's what makes it a Philly cheesesteak. The beef is also very thinly sliced and rare roast or ribeye. Always tender and plenty of it. The one above from the "American sandwich shop" was chunks (think dog food) of tough, overcooked beef that was hard to chew. And there wasn't much of it.

The only really positive is that the roll was fresh.

Total damage with a Coke was 305 baht. I could have walked right down the street and eaten delicious Pad Thai 3 nights in a row for the same amount of money. 

I've seen a couple of really good American style delis come and go here over the years. If this place is still around a year from now, you can draw your own conclusions as to why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

. The food is so bland that I would also wager a sizable amount of money that they are English or maybe Irish. Does anybody know?

 

 

spoke to a bloke in the place the day before it opened and he was Canadian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, striderman said:

spoke to a bloke in the place the day before it opened and he was Canadian

That's a little surprising, I guess. Although it might explain the cheese whiz on my Philly Cheesesteak. I think that might get you a lengthy prison sentence in the U.S. 

I think Canadians invented cheese whiz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pattaya_Brian....

I'm sincerley sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your meal.  Sourcing good beef here at a reasonable price is challenging., We use either Ribeye steak or Sirloin and do try to take care when selecting our steaks but as with everything it's hit and miss.

I do wish you had spoken to either Dave or myself and we would have been more than happy to either refund your purchace or given you one of our other Sandwiches to try. 

We have been open only a few weeks and very much value constructive customer feedback. 

And Yes our Manager is Canadian born but grew up in Buffalo and has worked for many years in American Diners.

I do hope that you can accept our deepest apologies and hope that you would perhaps consider giving us another try sometime.

 

 

What Is a Cheesesteak?
A cheesesteak is a long, crusty roll filled with thinly sliced sautéed ribeye beef and melted cheese. Generally, the cheese of choice is Cheez Whiz, but American and provolone are common substitutions. The art of cheesesteak preparation lies in the balance of flavors, textures and what is often referred to as the “drip” factor. Other toppings may include fried onions, sautéed mushrooms, ketchup and hot or sweet peppers.

Read more: http://www.visitphilly.com/restaurants-dining/authentic-philly-cheesesteaks/
Follow us: http://facebook.com/visitphilly  |  http://twitter.com/visitphilly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ferral said:

Pattaya_Brian....

(I see that you are flying an Australian flag. So you have "borrowed" the name "American" sandwich company. That makes more sense to me now.)

I'm sincerley sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your meal.  (I'm sorry too. I was hoping I had found a new place to eat.) Sourcing good beef here at a reasonable price is challenging., We use either Ribeye steak or Sirloin and do try to take care when selecting our steaks but as with everything it's hit and miss. (Learn how to cook it and slice it. It's a Philly cheeesesteak. The beef is cooked rare. It is sliced thin. It is tender. For a Philly cheesesteak it is loaded.)

I do wish you had spoken to either Dave or myself and we would have been more than happy to either refund your purchace or given you one of our other Sandwiches to try. (I don't know you or Dave. It's a restaurant. I spoke to and paid a waitress. Who was very nice by the way.)

We have been open only a few weeks and very much value constructive customer feedback. (I fully realize that and wish you the best. But the fact that you have a "Philly cheesesteak" on your menu, without even having the first clue as to how to construct a Philly cheesesteak, tells me one thing. Guess what that is?)

And Yes our Manager is Canadian born but grew up in Buffalo and has worked for many years in American Diners. (I'll leave that alone. Diners? Good lord.)

I do hope that you can accept our deepest apologies and hope that you would perhaps consider giving us another try sometime. (I doubt that I will give you another try -- in fact I am sure that I won't -- but good luck to you. Right now you are simply a poser. Most Western business owners in Pattaya are. You have demonstrated to me that you have absolutely no idea what you are doing. Err, I mean, trying to do. "American sandwich company." LOL)

(Sorry if this sounds harsh, but ridding this town of the posers is a natural passion of mine. Fucking cheese whiz. LOL)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

2.jpg

I got around to trying this place and would rate it with one of the worst restaurant experiences I've had in Pattaya.

I don't know who owns it, but I would wager a sizable sum of money that they aren't American, despite the name. The food is so bland that I would also wager a sizable amount of money that they are English or maybe Irish. Does anybody know?

Yes, that is cheese whiz on top of my "Philly cheesesteak sandwich." LOL.  Philly cheesesteaks come with thinly sliced provolone. It's what makes it a Philly cheesesteak. The beef is also very thinly sliced and rare roast or ribeye. Always tender and plenty of it. The one above from the "American sandwich shop" was chunks (think dog food) of tough, overcooked beef that was hard to chew. And there wasn't much of it.

The only really positive is that the roll was fresh.

Total damage with a Coke was 305 baht. I could have walked right down the street and eaten delicious Pad Thai 3 nights in a row for the same amount of money. 

I've seen a couple of really good American style delis come and go here over the years. If this place is still around a year from now, you can draw your own conclusions as to why.

Brian I grew up in south Philly a block away from what is probably the most famous cheesesteak place in the city, 'Pat's King of Steaks' and I can assure you, Philly cheesesteaks come with cheese wiz.  

http://patskingofsteaks.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ate at this restaurant quite a few times in the last week with friends and not one of us complained about the meal. We all had different sandwiches that were both filling and tasty. So please keep up the good work and will definitely be back next time in town. 

 

P.s I also hope the gorgeous waitress will still be there  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, manni2011 said:

Brian I grew up in south Philly a block away from what is probably the most famous cheesesteak place in the city, 'Pat's King of Steaks' and I can assure you, Philly cheesesteaks come with cheese wiz.  

http://patskingofsteaks.com/

 

I lived in south Jersey.  LOVE me a great cheesesteak.  Had em with cheese wiz and others.  So yes, the original recipe was cheese wiz.  Pats, Genos, love em.  Cant remember the name of the place in Cherry Hill I used to get them from.'

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ferral said:

Pattaya_Brian....

I'm sincerley sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your meal.  Sourcing good beef here at a reasonable price is challenging., We use either Ribeye steak or Sirloin and do try to take care when selecting our steaks but as with everything it's hit and miss.

I do wish you had spoken to either Dave or myself and we would have been more than happy to either refund your purchace or given you one of our other Sandwiches to try. 

We have been open only a few weeks and very much value constructive customer feedback. 

And Yes our Manager is Canadian born but grew up in Buffalo and has worked for many years in American Diners.

I do hope that you can accept our deepest apologies and hope that you would perhaps consider giving us another try sometime.

 

 

What Is a Cheesesteak?
A cheesesteak is a long, crusty roll filled with thinly sliced sautéed ribeye beef and melted cheese. Generally, the cheese of choice is Cheez Whiz, but American and provolone are common substitutions. The art of cheesesteak preparation lies in the balance of flavors, textures and what is often referred to as the “drip” factor. Other toppings may include fried onions, sautéed mushrooms, ketchup and hot or sweet peppers.

Read more: http://www.visitphilly.com/restaurants-dining/authentic-philly-cheesesteaks/
Follow us: http://facebook.com/visitphilly  |  http://twitter.com/visitphilly

when I was literally starving, once a week I brought a cheap cheap steak, really tough if I ate it then, but  then soaked overnight in Italian dressing and the next day it was tender and delicious

as for the provolone, that is one of the most expensive cheeses here, for some reason

       *** I would rather have sex with a beautiful starfish.......than an ugly porn-star ***

                *** We are drowning in information ---- While starving for wisdom ***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fatjack1 said:

 

I lived in south Jersey.  LOVE me a great cheesesteak.  Had em with cheese wiz and others.  So yes, the original recipe was cheese wiz.  Pats, Genos, love em.  Cant remember the name of the place in Cherry Hill I used to get them from.'

 

cherry hill, upper class hi so?   555

       *** I would rather have sex with a beautiful starfish.......than an ugly porn-star ***

                *** We are drowning in information ---- While starving for wisdom ***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, manni2011 said:

Brian I grew up in south Philly a block away from what is probably the most famous cheesesteak place in the city, 'Pat's King of Steaks' and I can assure you, Philly cheesesteaks come with cheese wiz.  

http://patskingofsteaks.com/

I will have to defer to your experience being from South Philly, but I can assure you I've never been served a Philly cheesesteak that came with cheese wiz and not thinly sliced provolone. I think the discrepancy might be what is "original" and what is "common" at first rate delis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was born in Philly at a time when the only place you could get Philly cheese steaks was in Philly and perhaps the Philly area like South Jersey. Cheeze Wiz is most definitely authentic for Philly cheese steaks but give me provolone instead any time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

I was born in Philly at a time when the only place you could get Philly cheese steaks was in Philly and perhaps the Philly area like South Jersey. Cheeze Wiz is most definitely authentic for Philly cheese steaks but give me provolone instead any time. 

yep, been there done that

       *** I would rather have sex with a beautiful starfish.......than an ugly porn-star ***

                *** We are drowning in information ---- While starving for wisdom ***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive tried every sandwich on the menu except the cheese steak...   and found all of them to be delicious and well priced.   In fact   im heading there shortly for either the pulled pork or the meatball...   mmmmm

Remember brian... its a new business and will have teething problems.   Not sure why ppl feel the need to hit the internet everytime they are unhappy with something.  I find it more pro active and usefull to talk to the actual business if i have a bad experience there.

Complaining on PA serves no purpose to you or the business

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, just hanging said:

cherry hill, upper class hi so?   555

Well compared to south Philly or Camden.  :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Philly steak sandwich was first sold in 1930 by a hot dog vendor (Pat Olivieri) who fried thinly sliced rib eye steak together with onions and served it on a hot dog roll. It became very popular, especially when the hot dog roll was replaced with a hoagie roll.  Cheese didn't become part of the sandwich until the 1940's when the Olivieri brothers open a sit-down and take-away restaurant.  Provolone was originally used.

Cheez Whiz was introduced in 1952, but it's really what put the cheese in the Philly cheesesteak.  Cheez Wiz was faster and cheaper to use compared to sliced cheese and most importantly, many customers preferred the mild taste.  The two most famous outlets for Philly cheesesteaks, Pat's and Geno's in South Philly, have said they sell eight to 10 times more sandwiches with Cheez Wiz than other variations.  I don't like Cheez Whiz at all and prefer my cheesesteaks with provolone, but I am clearly in the minority, at least in Philadelphia.

This is what a classic Philly cheesesteak looks like from Pat's:

philly.gif

 

philly2.jpg

But there are many variations of the Philly steak sandwich on the menu at Pat's:

imagephil.jpg

Geno's, Pat's major competitor through the years, favors provolone over Cheez Wiz, but it's the Cheez Wiz that sells..

philly3.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.




  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.