IGNORED

American Sandwich Soi Buakhow

Looks good, how much did you pay for it? I could see myself sitting at that place when i am back to Pattaya :DSometimes i need a break from Thai Food:rolleyes:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Looks good, how much did you pay for it? I could see myself sitting at that place when i am back to Pattaya :DSometimes i need a break from Thai Food:rolleyes:

350 baht with extra side and 2 drinks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped in for lunch today.

Had Chicken Parm sandwich. Very filling, I been getting 2 burgers at KISS lately and this sandwich alone was enough for me. I think it cost ~260 baht including a Chang.

Stopped in here the other day for lunch.... clean place, nice music, nice quiet atmosphere.... the booths were comfortable too....

Service staff friendly..... and the food was deliscious... I ordered the rib sandwich and enjoyed it very much... worth the money...

definitely far superior than that subway shit! 

Been three times there in May/June and it never disappointed me, tried the Philly cheese steak, Parmigian sandwich, and Cajun chicken all three were great !

with a side of french fries i was full, the place is clean and the aircon is appreciated because the sandwiches are hot !

Talked to one of the manager i said to him that i will do a positive review here, it's done now :wink:

Place highly recommended i will come back again.

We have ordered delivery from there 4 times and I have collected myself 3 times. Yet to have a bad  meal, always order the large and have only ever finished half leaving the other half as a snack for my manager who always eats the full size, 85 baht for a small and between 165 and 185 for a large. They make subway look like an outlet for kindergarten kids. no comparison 

Sampled this place for the first time yesterday.  Very clean which is a great start.  Had the meatballs which were tasty.  The bread IMO was fairly average.  I do however accept the price point is pretty low so concessions must be made.  Perhaps an offering of different breads may be an option for the future.

The manager was proactive and polite which was good to see.  I was mesmerised by the waitress.  She was delightful.  I am pretty immune after too long here but it happened again in I-rovers today.

all in all it was a decent offering for the price.  They seem to by trying to run a decent honest business and I wish them luck.  I will visit again.

Finally tried this place.

I guess I ordered badly.

I tried the grilled "Cajun" chicken breast, large size.

The menu said the meat was marinated in Cajun spices for two days. I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know the meat sure didn't taste like much that was at all spicy or special. The texture was also odd and it certainly wasn't juicy. The portion of meat was small.

The bread was just OK. The toppings were some kind of dill mayo, some onion and lettuce.

I guess it's better than Subway. Faint praise.

I left hungry and needed to eat more at another restaurant. I had expected a large sandwich would be enough. 

Like I said, I guess I ordered the wrong thing. I'm assuming other menu items are better. Not sure I'll be rushing back though after my experience. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the idea is everything is bigger and better in Texas.. Hence.. Go the Texan... The big boy.. 

4 minutes ago, Ferral said:

I think the idea is everything is bigger and better in Texas.. Hence.. Go the Texan... The big boy.. 

Yeah, I get it. I just found it funny in an American branded shop to see the more British word rasher. Also mince beef instead of ground beef. 

Wolfed it down in seconds, naturally  just as I took the first mouthful an order problem at Naando's happened and I had to get back right away. Definitely returning for the double version in the next couple of days. Though not a burger expert, it tasted damn good to me.

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Does look good.

Is this going to be a regular item on the menu or only a special for the month of August?

The ad says it's only a monthly special. But I imagine if it's popular and people ask for them to put it in the menu, they'd be crazy not to. 

Yeah that's the plan guys.. 

Fly it as a special and gauge customer reaction first. If it's popular we'll keep it for sure. 

Planning a few other specials to do the same as well. We've had a few great suggestions and would like to try some out. Just a case of getting some of the ingredients and seeing if we can do something Great at a reasonable price... 

Feedback so far on the burger has been excellent . It's not the cheapest burger in town but it is homemade using 100% ground beef steak and no fillers or crap in it. An American burger has to have that all beef flavour. 

Oh.... And it's BIG... Like I say not the cheapest but still great value for money. Which is important to all of us..

A good burger is not easy to get in Pattaya I found.

That looks delicious, I only went in 2 times on my stay and had the Chicken Parm twice as I am a creature of habit. Will definitely look out for it next time I am in.

8 hours ago, Ferral said:

Yeah that's the plan guys.. 

Fly it as a special and gauge customer reaction first. If it's popular we'll keep it for sure. 

Planning a few other specials to do the same as well. We've had a few great suggestions and would like to try some out. Just a case of getting some of the ingredients and seeing if we can do something Great at a reasonable price... 

Feedback so far on the burger has been excellent . It's not the cheapest burger in town but it is homemade using 100% ground beef steak and no fillers or crap in it. An American burger has to have that all beef flavour. 

Oh.... And it's BIG... Like I say not the cheapest but still great value for money. Which is important to all of us..

We ordered two of them today, big is a fair description size wise, excellent, I consider them the best in-town over-all.  Did not need the chips though the burger stands by itself .

Another thumbs up from me:ThumbUp6:,i had the buffalo chicken burger,i shouldnt really have got the chips(im greedy sometimes) but i did and managed to finish it!

Archived