IGNORED

American Sandwich Soi Buakhow

I ate there on Sunday. Delicious, large portion, good quality meat,  good atmosphere, convenient mongering location.

like a previous poster said, I love Thai food but occasionally need a break. And as many said, we're all sick & tired of Subway. 

I respect the opinions of the negative reviewers, but suggest guys give it a try, it's a good alternative. 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I posted a negative comment based on my experience with one of their menu items. The so called Cajun chicken sandwich. I seriously would not recommend that anyone order that. Boring and not filling either. But I wouldn't judge an entire restaurant based on one menu item. 

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:44 AM, Pattaya_Brian said:

2.jpg

I got around to trying this place and would rate it with one of the worst restaurant experiences I've had in Pattaya.

I don't know who owns it, but I would wager a sizable sum of money that they aren't American, despite the name. The food is so bland that I would also wager a sizable amount of money that they are English or maybe Irish. Does anybody know?

Yes, that is cheese whiz on top of my "Philly cheesesteak sandwich." LOL.  Philly cheesesteaks come with thinly sliced provolone. It's what makes it a Philly cheesesteak. The beef is also very thinly sliced and rare roast or ribeye. Always tender and plenty of it. The one above from the "American sandwich shop" was chunks (think dog food) of tough, overcooked beef that was hard to chew. And there wasn't much of it.

The only really positive is that the roll was fresh.

Total damage with a Coke was 305 baht. I could have walked right down the street and eaten delicious Pad Thai 3 nights in a row for the same amount of money. 

I've seen a couple of really good American style delis come and go here over the years. If this place is still around a year from now, you can draw your own conclusions as to why.

There is a very popular cheesesteak place IN Philly that uses Cheesewiz.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

12 minutes ago, LTGTR said:

many do, including the ex pastrami on rye

eat there few days ago, after some beer around. A good addition to the soi bukao Area.

4 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

Well, I posted a negative comment based on my experience with one of their menu items. The so called Cajun chicken sandwich. I seriously would not recommend that anyone order that. Boring and not filling either. But I wouldn't judge an entire restaurant based on one menu item. 

You are much more of a food critic than me ...i'm easily pleased. I had the large pulled pork sandwich, but i thought it was quite small. More like a snack. Really surprised after reading reviews. It tasted ok, nothing special. I think i went to bronx pizza afterwards!

2 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

You are much more of a food critic than me ...i'm easily pleased. I had the large pulled pork sandwich, but i thought it was quite small. More like a snack. Really surprised after reading reviews. It tasted ok, nothing special. I think i went to bronx pizza afterwards!

Well I do think if a menu says an item is large, it should be more than an appetizer. I also had to go eat somewhere else. As their food isn't especially cheap, that was annoying. 

5 hours ago, LTGTR said:

Yes. That's already been covered in this thread by a couple of guys native to Philadelphia. Cheese Wiz it is.... IN PHILLY.

Everywhere else it's provolone. I've lived in many cities in the States and I've ordered many Philly Cheesesteaks. It's always provolone cheese. 

Outside of Philly, serving Cheese Wiz to anyone over 15 years-old would get your ass kicked. LOL

Very good food and very professional replies.   I am always shocked at people bitching about food and how much discussion it creates.  Luckily I wasn't spoilt.

1 hour ago, LaaMok said:

Very good food and very professional replies.   I am always shocked at people bitching about food and how much discussion it creates.  Luckily I wasn't spoilt.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and simply guess that this reply was alcohol induced? Or that you have an investment in this place?

How many people do you think you can keep on fooling?

What the fuck has this got to do with  the discussion in this thread, our, um, err, business consultant? 

1 hour ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

Yes. That's already been covered in this thread by a couple of guys native to Philadelphia. Cheese Wiz it is.... IN PHILLY.

Everywhere else it's provolone. I've lived in many cities in the States and I've ordered many Philly Cheesesteaks. It's always provolone cheese. 

Outside of Philly, serving Cheese Wiz to anyone over 15 years-old would get your ass kicked. LOL

Sorry can someone explain a sandwich called 'philly' which I assume originated from Philadelphia, is served with cheese wiz in Philadelphia, but outside is served differently??? 

1. That does not really make sense to me.

2. WTF is Cheese wiz??

3. I'm pretty sure LaaMok is not drunk!

Right, like that Liquid cheese they put on your nachos at the cinema?

Look like that's a 'philly' sandwich it is being applied to in the picture, hope its in Philadelphia, otherwise it's not acceptable!!!

2 hours ago, LaaMok said:

Some people care a lot about food and others don't. It's not a matter of being spoiled. 

On 8/5/2017 at 6:06 PM, Cerberus said:

We ordered two of them today, big is a fair description size wise, excellent, I consider them the best in-town over-all.  Did not need the chips though the burger stands by itself .

High praise indeed....thanks for the comments.

On 8/8/2017 at 9:00 PM, Orbital1979 said:

Sorry can someone explain a sandwich called 'philly' which I assume originated from Philadelphia, is served with cheese wiz in Philadelphia, but outside is served differently??? 

1. That does not really make sense to me.

2. WTF is Cheese wiz??

3. I'm pretty sure LaaMok is not drunk!

There is much debate on the Philly Cheesesteak....it's already been discussed earlier in the thread so I don't think I need to go over old ground.

Personally it's not for me....I prefer other items on the menu as I like salad with a sandwich.  I'm not a fan of the Chicken Parma either.  MY favorite is the Cajun Chicken with tomato and Pickles...but that's me.

I do hope that we would have other items on the menu that you may like and please come in and try us out..  We've had a great response with the burger for example.

OUTSTANDING burger, one of the best I've had in Pattaya. Barbecue cheeseburger with bacon, onions, etc -- this is their "August Special." Just had this today.

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

Thanks for stopping by.. Glad you liked it and took the time to give us the thumbs up.. 

Probabaly wont even register Ferral,but about two weeks ago (july 28th) late afternoon about tea-time i was the only customer in the place at the time and i`d ordered the buffallo chicken burger,you asked `is it big enough` i mumbled back something in the affirmative!Afterwards when i was leaving you were just pulling up on your bike after going somewhere, `how was it` you said `bang on` i said.:)

Not having a dig at Americans being fatties,but its not surprising some are!:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Probabaly wont even register Ferral,but about two weeks ago (july 28th) late afternoon about tea-time i was the only customer in the place at the time and i`d ordered the buffallo chicken burger,you asked `is it big enough` i mumbled back something in the affirmative!Afterwards when i was leaving you were just pulling up on your bike after going somewhere, `how was it` you said `bang on` i said.:)

Not having a dig at Americans being fatties,but its not surprising some are!:rolleyes:

555...not me but our Manager Dave... He always likes to see happy customers.. 

Thanks... 8)

Had the burger for lunch yesterday. Tasted fresh and good. The place was clean and what i could see of the kitchen it looked clean as well.

44 minutes ago, freddie0540 said:

Had the burger for lunch yesterday. Tasted fresh and good. The place was clean and what i could see of the kitchen it looked clean as well.

Thanks for stopping by... So glad you liked it. 

Kitchen is open for that reason.. Well as much as we could without removing more wall. We want our customers to know the food is clean and fresh... Bleach cleaned every day.. 8)

Tried it the other day. Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of the August special. I'd prefer my patty chargrilled to medium. The patty I had seemed to be boiled in its own juices, maybe the pan not hot enough but had that stewed taste.
Each to their own. The rest of the burger was great. Will be back to try the chicken varieties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this burger (single) last week and have to say I really enjoyed it as is, but to cater to my taste more, I'd order it with two EXTRA bacon slices and no BBQ sauce next time. A single slice of bacon sticking out the sides doesn't work for me. I want each bite to get bacon. Nothing wrong with the BBQ sauce, but for me, if you have lettuce and tomato, then you need mayo and ketchup. 

On 8/8/2017 at 9:36 PM, Marcus85 said:

Cheeze Whiz "is a processed cheese sauce".

IMG_0106.JPG.ef611aa86445cbc86b8f2f8544600918.JPGIMG_0107.JPG.56e1b2b7a7322464af7f28e9131647fe.JPG

tasty

Archived