IGNORED

American Sandwich Soi Buakhow

ate there yesterday evening with my fellow Pattaya SpecOp Operator, MMA champion, Aikido 7th don black belt, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound - LOOK UP IN THE SKY, IS IT A BIRD, A PLANE - NO, it's SuperPattayaSpecOPoperatorMAN, bud... my bud had the pulled pork sandwich and I had the rib sandwich... both of us thought it was well worth the money, yummy (although he felt like there could have been more BBQ sauce on his sandwich or additional sauce served on the side), decent sized portions, and the decor/atmosphere inside is good as well... we give it a very good rating - worthy of a return visit, for sure... I give it especially GOOD ratings for the Franks Hot Sauce in the condiment tray on the table... Usually I have to ask for Tabasco sauce and most restaurants don't have it - some do, and I appreciate when that happens - one of life's simple pleaZUREs...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/27/2017 at 4:26 PM, Evil Penevil said:

Malt vinegar isn't used much with French fries (or anything else) in the U.S. and only a few U.S. companies brew it, so it's not surprising The Great American Sandwich Co doesn't offer it.  However, considering the number of Brits and others in Pattaya who do sprinkle malt vinegar on fries, I agree it would be good for business if it were part of the GASCO condiment basket.

Evil

maybe becasue my mom was english but I always used malt vinegar on my fries and still do.   There was a amusement park way back there called Olympic park and they had a french fry stand that had malt vinegar to put on it and they were not english, mostly Italians and blacks around there. 

subway in the US and here put vinegar and oil on their sandwich.  Evil, NY just have meat ball and sausage sandwiches, vinegar not required 555    Saying that, jersey subs always had it

bring it out

Had 2 takeaways so far

Service 10

Cleanliness 10

Food 10

4 hours ago, southsidebruce said:

ate there yesterday evening with my fellow Pattaya SpecOp Operator, MMA champion, Aikido 7th don black belt, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound - LOOK UP IN THE SKY, IS IT A BIRD, A PLANE - NO, it's SuperPattayaSpecOPoperatorMAN, bud... my bud had the pulled pork sandwich and I had the rib sandwich... both of us thought it was well worth the money, yummy (although he felt like there could have been more BBQ sauce on his sandwich or additional sauce served on the side), decent sized portions, and the decor/atmosphere inside is good as well... we give it a very good rating - worthy of a return visit, for sure... I give it especially GOOD ratings for the Franks Hot Sauce in the condiment tray on the table... Usually I have to ask for Tabasco sauce and most restaurants don't have it - some do, and I appreciate when that happens - one of life's simple pleaZUREs...

We are going to put stickers on the condiments baskets to say that extra sauce / Mayo / Pickles / Malt Vinegar is available from your waitress.  In hindsight it should have been printed on the menus and in future re-prints we will include it. Not everything can be put on the tables....we do like it to look clean and not overcrowded....

Thanks for the feedback hope to see you again soon....

20 minutes ago, Footymadstreams said:

Had 2 takeaways so far

Service 10

Cleanliness 10

Food 10

Appreciate the kind words.....tell your friends...8)

1 hour ago, Footymadstreams said:

Had 2 takeaways so far

Service 10

Cleanliness 10

Food 10

You Forgot about the most important score.......,, 

waitress 11/10 ;)

2 hours ago, Ferral said:

Appreciate the kind words.....tell your friends...8)

Already told 2 guys and they both like the place and will be regular customers,one is a canadian guy i think he spoke to you yesterday

Visited today for a late lunch. I had the Club Hogie and my friend had the Pulled Pork Sandwich. He also ordered a side of coleslaw and potato salad.

The sides came first and were well balanced and enjoyable and not to heavy on the mayo. They seemed fresh like they were prepared that day.

My Club arrived shortly after followed by the Pulled Pork. Mine was equavilent to two sandwiches and my friends which was a small was also a good serving.

From the first bite I was pleasantly suprised. The chicken breast was nicely grilled and of a proportioned thickness with no grissle or fat. The mustard was a good addition and complemented the salad. The bun was also fresh with a crusty bite. As I said it was a big serve and I probably wouldnt have finished it if I wasnt enjoying it but I polished it off without too much trouble.

My friend, who is a fussy bastard, made some mixed comments. He said that the pulled pork had been heated up in the microwave. I did question him on this as he just assumed that it had. Of cause a slow cooked pulled pork cant be prepared on order so that not suprising. I though they may have heated it up on The Grill. Maybe the owner can verify? He did say that the flavour was good and that it was nice and good value for money.

Overall it was above expectation so yes I will be back. Want to try the Philly Cheese but am put off by the thought of cheese whizz. Can I choose another cheese?

Cheers, Robx out.

25 minutes ago, roknrob said:

Visited today for a late lunch. I had the Club Hogie and my friend had the Pulled Pork Sandwich. He also ordered a side of coleslaw and potato salad.

The sides came first and were well balanced and enjoyable and not to heavy on the mayo. They seemed fresh like they were prepared that day.

My Club arrived shortly after followed by the Pulled Pork. Mine was equavilent to two sandwiches and my friends which was a small was also a good serving.

From the first bite I was pleasantly suprised. The chicken breast was nicely grilled and of a proportioned thickness with no grissle or fat. The mustard was a good addition and complemented the salad. The bun was also fresh with a crusty bite. As I said it was a big serve and I probably wouldnt have finished it if I wasnt enjoying it but I polished it off without too much trouble.

My friend, who is a fussy bastard, made some mixed comments. He said that the pulled pork had been heated up in the microwave. I did question him on this as he just assumed that it had. Of cause a slow cooked pulled pork cant be prepared on order so that not suprising. I though they may have heated it up on the grill. Maybe the owner can verify? He did say that the flavour was good and that it was nice and good value for money.

Overall it was above expectation so yes I will be back. Want to try the Philly Cheese but am put off by the thought of cheese whizz. Can I choose another cheese?

Cheers, Robx out.

Thanks for the feedback......much appreciated.

Your friend was correct and the pulled pork is re-heated as it is pre-cooked and portioned out for the burgers.  And yes it is microwaved but he is the first to mention this.  This is of some concern and maybe it's 'nuked' too  much or not evenly enough if it was noticeable.  The pork is slow cooked for a very long time and has to be prepared the day before.  We need to cook sufficient to have it always available so cannot keep it always hot and fresh. Perhaps we can improve by re-heating it on The Grill, being cautious not to dry it out of course.  It will take a few minutes more but worth it if it improves the food....I will pass that along to the manager...thanks.

On the Philly Cheesesteak......we do use Whiz on ours.  You've read the previous discussions an there of course different ways to make it.  We have improved the quality of the steak and use only Rib-Eye fillet now and make sure it is very thinly sliced.  Although I didn't agree with Pattaya Brian's way of giving his feedback we did still listen and took on board his comments about the steak.

Personally it's not for me, I'm not American and I'm not a fan of Cheese Whiz either. To be totally honest it's the one thing I've not tried on the menu. We do have a cheddar and parmesan mix which we use for the meatball sub and that may well be a good option, goes well on the meatball. We haven't done a costing on that for an option but again I'll pass that along and it's something we should prepare for if someone else has that request.

Again, thanks for the comments and for taking the time to give us that feedback.  I'm pleased it's mostly positive....8)

Was looking forward to try the sandwiches they had on offer weeks before my actual holiday.

When I finally got to try it out I got the meatball sandwich and the rib sandwich. I loved the rib sandwich, meatball sandwich was not really my favorite. 
Over the next weeks also got to try the pulled pork sandwich, pepper sausage hoagie.

Overall found the taste a bit bland, but still enjoyable and would still return.

Food looks good especially the fries. 

They have a Facebook page, some cute service girls!

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

A microwave used in a kitchen is a big no no. Must be a better way of warming it up or keeping it warm.

11 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

Was looking forward to try the sandwiches they had on offer weeks before my actual holiday.

When I finally got to try it out I got the meatball sandwich and the rib sandwich. I loved the rib sandwich, meatball sandwich was not really my favorite. 
Over the next weeks also got to try the pulled pork sandwich, pepper sausage hoagie.

Overall found the taste a bit bland, but still enjoyable and would still return.

Thanks for dropping by......

I's difficult to cater for all tastes, I've had people that won't try the Cajun Chicken because they don't like "Spicy food"  and it's not spicy at all just a Cajun flavour.  Remember it's cooked fresh for you so if you want a little of something more or less on it please ask...

4 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

A microwave used in a kitchen is a big no no. Must be a better way of warming it up or keeping it warm.

Actually I think you'll find one in just about every kitchen these days.....but I do get your point.

Taking on board the feedback before we sure will try and find a better way especially if it does improve the taste or experience.  Might take a minute or two more but if the trade off is worth the effort then it's worth doing.

Again customer feedback is always appreciated.  Many people will say nothing and that doesn't help us improve....we've already made some simple but great improvements..

thanks.

9 minutes ago, Ferral said:

Thanks for dropping by......

Like I said, I will be stopping by again. 
It is a great price for good food.

so far tried the rib, chicken parmesan, and sausage hoagie sandwiches... liked all of them and highly recommend your restaurant... as we discussed in your restaurant one recent evening - price point and consistent quality of a restaurant are important factors to be successful ... price point is especially important in the United ResPubLick of Bukhao, where you can usually find rooms for rent under 1,000 THB, and where you can drink your arse off 7x24 for real cheap (some even have 2 for 1 prices!!) at several bars, and where the mighty Chayapoon forks at the banks of the Triangle Bar, home to many former SpecOP Operators, MuayThai/MMA Champions, heroes in their/our own minds - and which is transformed into the Central Pattaya SpecOP Operators Command Center when the shitGoesDown... I want to continue to try the other items on the menu, and I hope you eventually add a pastrami with melted swiss cheese on (real NY style) rye bread - even though the cost will be wayyyyy higher than the current menu items (as we also discussed previously)... 

another thing you might want to try - is to have quality coffee items - cappuccino, lattes, etc... for a pickMeUp after the sandwich... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

1 hour ago, Ferral said:

Actually I think you'll find one in just about every kitchen these days.....but I do get your point.

Not sure if you recall when getting a kebab in Australia, but they also use a microwave to heat up the meat, even after shaving it off those vertical rotisserie style cookers.

Personally I find when re heating chicken or other meat using a lower power setting eg, 70% and a slightly longer time helps not dry it out and also doesn't send parts of it into thermo nuclear temperstures either.

Looking forward to trying you guys out when on the ground in July.

7 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Not sure how many kitchens you've worked in mate but tons of restaurants below the standard of fine dining have and use microwaves. And even some fine dining restaurants have them even though they are seldom used.

I have seen a lot of these places come and go. They price their menu as if they where in the west and its a little high for SEA. 

I had my first Philly cheese stake sandwich in 1960 and it had Cheeze Wiz on it. A good one is delicious but many people can't get it right.

All the cooking instructions are on the Internet so there are no excuses. $10 in Philly ? I guess I am out of touch. 

3 hours ago, Palaeojeo said:

All the cooking instructions are on the Internet so there are no excuses. $10 in Philly ? I guess I am out of touch. 

The pricing of the cheese steak all depends on the quality of the meat used. Normally a shop like this in Philly wouldn't  charge 10 bucks for a cheese steak. Those shops also don't use high quality meat either. There are restaurants that use wagyu beef that charge 120 USD for a cheese steak. It's all about quality.

5 hours ago, Amon_Amarth said:

Not sure how many kitchens you've worked in mate but tons of restaurants below the standard of fine dining have and use microwaves. And even some fine dining restaurants have them even though they are seldom used.

I've worked in many, good and bad. None used microwaves to heat up food being served to customers, even the bad ones.

3 hours ago, Amon_Amarth said:

The pricing of the cheese steak all depends on the quality of the meat used. Normally a shop like this in Philly wouldn't  charge 10 bucks for a cheese steak. Those shops also don't use high quality meat either. There are restaurants that use wagyu beef that charge 120 USD for a cheese steak. It's all about quality.

Right ! How many fools will pay $120us for a sandwich. I don't care if its thinly sliced pussy smothered in head cheese. 

7 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I've worked in many, good and bad. None used microwaves to heat up food being served to customers, even the bad ones.

I've worked from fast food to fine dining for 20 years, and the majority had microwaves. Whether they used them, and what they used them for is another story. But its not unheard of for them to be there. They are a tool just like any other kitchen appliance.

Archived