IGNORED

American Sandwich Soi Buakhow

1 minute ago, petermik said:

s just a merry-go-round

Yep rinse and repeat I bet the landlords do well out of it keeping deposits and such like.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, petermik said:

I see the old and failed "Fire and Ice Bar" now has a notice up "Food court" opening soon.....as if soi Buk needs another....I cannot understand sometimes what  business ideas some folks have :Blur:

It,s just a merry-go-round

5b1a7059cbdc9_june1019(Custom).JPG.befc706bc589ab423179ec28448900e6.JPG

the landlords should fit their premises with revolving doors to help make changing hands easier

9 minutes ago, striderman said:

5b1a7059cbdc9_june1019(Custom).JPG.befc706bc589ab423179ec28448900e6.JPG

the landlords should fit their premises with revolving doors to help make changing hands easier

Yep better off spending your money on hookers,beer,gambling and wasting the rest.

it Would last longer 555 

Had this sandwich spot as one of my #1 places to try for my next trip..  Oh well :(

but even though most of the people that frequent the Greater ResPubLick of Bukhao are totally, in every which way but loose, NOT big spenders - I bet that a Starbucks would do real good in that area and wonder when one will open... And I bet that the new Holiday Inn Express ends up doing real good after it opens... its funny how bigTIME company construction like the Holiday Inn Express and Terminal 21 can put up a new bigARSE building structure in a relatively short amount of time, yet the monstrosity condo/hotel along Soi 15 Bukhao (opposite the Centara Azure), has been under construction for ?3.5? years now (changed ownership) and looks (to me, total layMan, not a builder) like it will take several MORE years to get completed (despite claims that I hear to the contrary stating that now that the NOVA group is the new owner, and they always have their act together, etc, etc)... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

6 minutes ago, southsidebruce said:

but even though most of the people that frequent the Greater ResPubLick of Bukhao are totally, in every which way but loose, NOT big spenders - I bet that a Starbucks would do real good in that area and wonder when one will open...

not a starbucks but very close to american sandwich site they are building right now a cafe amazon

5b1ddb07f28d6_june1013(Custom).JPG.ed355bb7a38ac919f03b94f5ca75b752.JPG

night market buakaow

5b1ddb3bd6486_june1012(Custom).JPG.27411bb1ab1d09173a4c9ae8473df235.JPG

Amazon is 

6 minutes ago, striderman said:

not a starbucks but very close to american sandwich site they are building right now a cafe amazon

night market buakaow

Amazon is decent tasting coffee - my favorite Thai highway, gas station coffee shop... Cheaper than Starbucks (pretty sure its a Thai company, not an import)... it will (probably) do quite fine in that BukHao Market area... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

16 minutes ago, striderman said:

night market buakaow

There goes the neighborhood. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 6/8/2018 at 00:16, jocky king said:

Sorry about the loss of business ... Never been there . Shows it is difficult to start a new business in Pattaya . You may need a big capital to start up a new business to give yourself a chance within 3 years to draw regular customers in . Problem at Soi Buakhao is Mac Donald is open there .  Will kill few business along that soi . 

I could live in Thailand for 10 years and not go to Rottens. Your average Thai can't afford to eat there and the cost is more than the US/Canada version so why bother. But have seen it all over the world, people on vacation go with a name they know when many much better options present themselves but are disregarded due to being unknown. Baa

Beyond me why people eat this garbage. 

The only advantage of american sandwich closing is that i will be eating a bit healthier on my next trip.

36 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Sounds like somebody was forcing you to eat there?????

I read it the same way at first, but I think bm PBear66 was referring to the post about Mc Donalds in his opening line.  

I was talking about McDonalds. I eat in american sandwich company virtually everyday for lunch.

David was a good and interesting host but hardly anybody there during March. 

GAS - the business started out like gangbusters... he was getting his menu in Soi 6 bars, he seemed to be relatively busy the couple times I ate there... but in the end, the last time I went - the A/C was not working properly - was hot as shit in the restaurant, and he was the cook and waiter... there were a couple other customers so he was bustN butt waiting on all of us... in the end, my chicken parmesan sandwich wasn't all that good - and he told me that the chicken piece wasn't the normal size/was too small, so charged me less for it... but without the staff and with problems keeping the restaurant cool in the intense Pattaya heat - I think what I saw was symptoms of problems that led to the place going out of business... I had spoken to the owner a few times and he told me he had considerable experience running restaurants elsewhere... He was nice and always would stop by customer tables asking how things were, how the food was, etc... was disappointing to see it go out of business - but not all that surprising - hard to make money with businesses, in the greater Bukhao ResPubLick... having responsible staff at restaurants in Thailand is always a challenge... have 2 buds who owned/ran a coffee shop/bakery in Terminal 21 in Bangkok, and they had told me that finding dependable staff was difficult... 

So, now we have MC Burger on Bukhao... I like their food, have sampled a few things off of their menu and they delivered to a shop I was at off of Bukhao... they have their menus in some of the Soi 6 bars and will deliver there... I hope they do OK, wish them the best of luck... unfortunately it looks like their restaurant is not air conditioned, so I probably would not eat_IN, only get it delivered... but they seem like nice folks running a restaurant that is cranking out some pretty decent food (replaces GAS for me in some ways)... 

• 4 weeks later...

I got to try some of this in August.  But as for you whippersnappers helping out.   God darn it I didn't WANT to cross the road.  :Moon2:

On 6/8/2018 at 18:59, petermik said:

Been coming here over 10 years and living for the past 4 and yes soi Buk punters are price sensitive..it beggars belief sometimes when I see failed bars/restaurants closing and a few weeks another one opens up with a price structure that will not be able to compete with other well established places.....do the owners not take a look at what the competition offers before venturing out....no never obviously otherwise the failure rate would not be so high.

It,s just a merry-go-round

the merry go round continues. just a few doors from where GAS was this place appears to have thrown in the pepperoni......

5b4a987df3356_july10008(Custom).JPG.44dedd32564f64ce57fd7815e40a241d.JPG

started trading early august 2017, gave up about 10/14 days ago

• 3 weeks later...

Had a lot off mc burgers menu when i was there in July.

American guy Chris owns it and i found the burgers very good.

Not the same selection as GAS but he is trying his best with menus in Soi 6 and gogo bars.

On 4/9/2017 at 14:16, striderman said:

spoke to a bloke in the place the day before it opened and he was Canadian

thats even worse than the english OR irish! :P

mc burger is moving in the next day or so to endless bar. also buakaow but opposite tree town

5b60ddac42a70_1august012(Custom).JPG.154503230a54f7e24d7740f7da353b20.JPG

That looks a very big location for mcburger. The menu will need to be extended and significant footfall improvement and business for it to work .Best of luck to them.

12 hours ago, striderman said:

mc burger is moving in the next day or so to endless bar. also buakaow but opposite tree town

5b60ddac42a70_1august012(Custom).JPG.154503230a54f7e24d7740f7da353b20.JPG

1 hour ago, PBear66 said:

That looks a very big location for mcburger. The menu will need to be extended and significant footfall improvement and business for it to work .Best of luck to them.

Endless is a big bar yes, and does very well.

MC Burgers is renting the kitchen not taking over the bar

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Heads up on M.C. Burger. We are renting the kitchen at Endless Lounge. Max is still going to be running the bar as usual. We are actually in the process of redoing and extending our menu selections. There are going to be more burgers, the hot dogs will finally be added in, fried chicken, perhaps some fish, and some thai dishes as well. We are in the process of setting the kitchen up now. We should be ready to go by the 3rd or 4th. Hope to see you guys in there.

Archived