• Like 1

1 hour ago, striderman said:

remember Green Acres?

1029598130_26feb009(Custom).JPG.a0bdccda4d6604f06998b57bb9d6a1bb.JPG

116783134_26feb010(Custom).JPG.225d578b1a2a67537891a538a0fcf0b6.JPG

Afraid not but give me a deckchair and a good book and I could have moved in 

• Like 1

201095622_4march015(Custom).JPG.c7739fcde1fd3eed904b5f77c1afc50a.JPG

must be stuff for the rooms, but as it has been parked there a few days i guess the rooms still need work before fitting out begins

569587841_4march043(Custom).JPG.def6be8d35e5df39a04769bc8f684131.JPG

at the end of the day..........................

619327891_4march016(Custom).JPG.cd278bddf8e13e0b8fbcfa2ebe6d31c9.JPG

Thank you for all your continuing updates striderman, they are much appreciated on this thread and the many others you contribute too. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2019 at 23:26, Gnorman said:

Thank you for all your continuing updates striderman, they are much appreciated on this thread and the many others you contribute too. 

no problem. it's not like i have a full schedule

1676935952_15march009(Custom).JPG.b6e773ad878affd5e9af200b792d675c.JPG

still a long way to go. the boxes in reception have still not been moved

I noticed they have underground parking and thought it coould be interestng when the floods come. Then I saw multi[le large pipes coming from the garage area and emptying into an outside drain. Apparently they have pumps in case of flooding. I just wonder where the outside drain empties.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

11 hours ago, likeaking said:

I noticed they have underground parking and thought it coould be interestng when the floods come. Then I saw multi[le large pipes coming from the garage area and emptying into an outside drain. Apparently they have pumps in case of flooding. I just wonder where the outside drain empties.

Apparently the flood pumps are activated automatically when the water level in the basement rises to over 3 foot......:LMFO:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

no problem. it's not like i have a full schedule
1676935952_15march009(Custom).JPG.b6e773ad878affd5e9af200b792d675c.JPG
still a long way to go. the boxes in reception have still not been moved
Striderman thank you for your commitment to bringing forum members updates regularly about this property. I hope some day I am in your position of not having too full of a schedule.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The IHG website is listing the location but says that rooms are not available until October 1st.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 18/03/2019 at 19:12, Charles_Farley said:

The IHG website is listing the location but says that rooms are not available until October 1st.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just saw that too. It looks like October 1, 2019 is tentative grand opening.

But the website won't let me book for October, or even November or December. I'd like to see what the rates are but can't do that yet.

On 15/03/2019 at 12:59, likeaking said:

I just stayed at the HI Express on Sukhumvit Soi 11 Bangkok. I was surprised to see that they use an automobile elevator system for access to the underground parking. Does it look like they'll use a similar system here?

Edited by Njaya

Just now, Njaya said:

I just stayed at the HI Express on Sukhumvit Soi 11 Bangkok. I was surprised to see that they use an automobile elevator system for access to the underground parking. Does it look like they'll use a similar system here?

there is a ramp going down to a lower level and i suspect a pump system to defend it from getting swamped in a storm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, striderman said:

there is a ramp going down to a lower level and i suspect a pump system to defend it from getting swamped in a storm

Yes, there's 5 inch drain pipes coming up out of the underground parking area and dumping into a square, concrete basin that has a large, approximately 20 inch drain pipe emptying it. I still wonder where the water empties to but I trust Holiday Inn knows what they're doing.

Edited by likeaking
  • Like 1

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Just now, likeaking said:

Yes, there's 5 inch drain pipes coming up out of the underground parking area and dumping into a square, concrete basin that has a large, approximately 20 inch drain pipe emptying it. I still wonder where the water empties to but I trust Holiday Inn knows what they're doing.

there is a large diameter main drain that runs under the length of buakaow. i remember it being put in maybe 10 /12 years ago. maybe even before that

Edited by striderman

12 hours ago, striderman said:

there is a large diameter main drain that runs under the length of buakaow. i remember it being put in maybe 10 /12 years ago. maybe even before that

Still floods though quite easily.....:Crazy1:

today as i passed by i clocked mattresses in reception and a truck full of 43 inch samsung tv's about to be unloaded

8 hours ago, striderman said:

today as i passed by i clocked mattresses in reception and a truck full of 43 inch samsung tv's about to be unloaded

The chinese are about to invade then.......:LMFO:

It,s a nightmare down there now when delivery trucks unload....gawd knows what,s going to happen when coaches start dropping off and picking up :Oops1:

Glass going in at the front today...sorry no pics....Striders were are U when we need U...pics please as it looked a work of art :ThumbUp6:

• Like 1

Just now, petermik said:

Glass going in at the front today...sorry no pics....Striders were are U when we need U...pics please as it looked a work of art :ThumbUp6:

i took a day off buakaow patrol :D

• Like 3

On 22/03/2019 at 07:07, petermik said:

The chinese are about to invade then.......:LMFO:..gawd knows what,s going to happen when coaches start dropping off and picking up :Oops1:

It will be like the Million Man march down on the national mall back in 1995. Except all Chinese people.

Edited by SiamDreamer

• 2 weeks later...

reception area.

ignore the flooring the real surface is covered by boards for protection

953676220_9april014(Custom).JPG.f189c756dcf8d9d0297cc68aa883c663.JPG

449529544_9april015(Custom).JPG.59e2d90dfbea50a14f4925913af0ab8a.JPG

This is now available for booking on the IHG site for my dates in December/January. Quite economical for that time of the year. I can't pull the plug yet because I want to survey the area while I'm visiting in May/June. The deal breaker for me would be if the area is too noisy. I'm aware of the different opinions offered earlier in this thread on the subject of noise. I just want to see for myself and make a decision based on my level of tolerance.

Edited by phenixr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, phenixr said:

This is now available for booking on the IHG site for my dates in December/January. Quite economical for that time of the year. I can't pull the plug yet because I want to survey the area while I'm visiting in May/June. The deal breaker for me would be if the area is too noisy. I'm aware of the different opinions offered earlier in this thread on the subject of noise. I just want to see for my self and make a decision based on my level of tolerance.

Did you check if they are guest friendly

2 minutes ago, robert said:

Did you check if they are guest friendly

Did not check but I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Pattaya on several occasions. I can't see why the Express would be any different but I'm sure if different others will enlighten us soon.

• Like 3