Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

EXCELLENT point - forgot where this property is!

Don't go to any trouble....I was just curious

all done. first job of the day.

not a lot of clearance but slightly increased as the power pole has a slight lean towards the road

119688629_19jan002(Custom).JPG.6ab59f161987c0d42319662d80921af2.JPG

1859887844_19jan003(Custom).JPG.f163e9a13605d3c0424054ccdb5ad6cc.JPG1414178074_19jan004(Custom).JPG.0d378fdcfb7c21d4092f29024bb438b0.JPG

• Like 3

That's still pretty damn close!  5555

I wonder if this place will have a pool on top of the roof.  Really looking to see what the rooms look like and cost.

• Like 2

Just now, Roadglide said:

I wonder if this place will have a pool on top of The Roof.  Really looking to see what the rooms look like and cost.

i think it will have a smallish pool right above where the holiday inn express sign is

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 00:16, striderman said:

it's been a slower build than i expected. there often seemed to be few workers on site. from now i reckon 6 months ish.

Do you think this place will open before the place next to Friendship?

On 19/01/2019 at 22:20, usexpat46 said:

Do you think this place will open before the place next to Friendship?

yes

On 19/01/2019 at 13:44, Roadglide said:

I wonder if this place will have a pool on top of The Roof.  Really looking to see what the rooms look like and cost.

pool evidence. looks like a pool surround to me but it ain't gonna be big. course when your booking it will just say roof top pool not how large it is

560774823_23jan001(Custom).JPG.4baeacecd6af948b042d9aec8a9394bc.JPG

above  view from buakaow

below side view

198727368_23jan002(Custom).JPG.06f4e66b8c9901dc0cbda4014ebf232d.JPG

note.................health and safety guidelines are being  strictly enforced

937646038_23jan005(Custom).JPG.a91520a6479073beeb03d75beb68fb33.JPG

Edited by striderman

Awesome update and photos, thanks again! I am hoping this opens for this spring. Outside is coming together but the rooms could still be shells.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just now, Nick Adams said:

Awesome update and photos, thanks again! I am hoping this opens for this spring. Outside is coming together but the rooms could still be shells.

tiling being done on the ground floor but loads of things to do and they have a lot of rooms. probably still at least 2/3 months minimum

On 19/01/2019 at 01:44, Roadglide said:

Really looking to see what the rooms look like and cost.

I would imagine the HI Express hotels in Bangkok would give a good idea. The rooms are clean and modern, but small and minimalist. Bathrooms are small with no tub, and a door that swings to close off either the toilet or shower stall. Free breakfast buffet which is good, but nothing to rave about. The worst thing about these hotels is that they typically don't offer King size beds, the choice is 1 Queen or 2 Twin.

Prices in BKK range from about 2K - 3.5K TB. I'd expect about that here. Prices are slightly higher than comparable hotels because they have a great loyalty program which makes some (like me) check for them first, either to bulk up on points, or burn them off. 

Edited by Njaya
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty close!

Any updates guess on timeline, Striderman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the choice is 1 Queen or 2 Twin

Slightly off-topic, but thought I scored a great last minute room on points at Holiday Inn on Friday....but, when I went to book it, it turned out to be for 2 Twin beds.

GTFOH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Luv2Phuket said:

Looks pretty close!

Any updates guess on timeline, Striderman?

loads to be done yet and no sign of any furniture/beds Queen or otherwise.

the rather odd looking reception flooring in my last pic is a covering to protect the tiles from damage

Edited by striderman

This has been extremely slow progress by most Asian construction project standards. If this were a normal construction project I could see the interior build out finished within weeks. Indeed one hopes the interior is slated for a subcontractor. They may just be that much faster. In any event, I doubt it will be ready for my June trip but very hopeful for December. December also gives me enough time to read up on reviews after people start staying there.  Curious about the environment before  I book. I'm not familiar with the area but the pictures seem to suggest one of those places with lots of bars near by and loads of noise. I could never sleep in a noisy neighborhood.

Just now, phenixr said:

.  Curious about the environment before  I book. I'm not familiar with the area but the pictures seem to suggest one of those places with lots of bars near by and loads of noise. I could never sleep in a noisy neighborhood.

couple of bars nearby but i don't think they would be esp noisy. plus there will be many rooms with only a handful facing buakaow and i would expect traffic noise to be the main issue, but only for those few rooms.

location ok, it's on a baht bus route both ways along buakaow. LK Metro walkable. walking st baht bus but trickier getting back.

not a bad area , but not exactly top of the line

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I would expect this hotel to change the area.

I expect the area to bring the hotel down. 

12 Pints in Know it all

On 02/02/2019 at 21:33, Njaya said:

I would imagine the HI Express hotels in Bangkok would give a good idea. The rooms are clean and modern, but small and minimalist. Bathrooms are small with no tub, and a door that swings to close off either the toilet or shower stall. Free breakfast buffet which is good, but nothing to rave about. The worst thing about these hotels is that they typically don't offer King size beds, the choice is 1 Queen or 2 Twin.

Prices in BKK range from about 2K - 3.5K TB. I'd expect about that here. Prices are slightly higher than comparable hotels because they have a great loyalty program which makes some (like me) check for them first, either to bulk up on points, or burn them off. 

I might pay 1000 - 1300 max....

4 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Glass half empty ?

Reality. People paying 3,500 baht per night for a standard hotel room are not going to be wanting to walk around soi buakhau. There arent even footpaths ffs

• Like 2

12 Pints in Know it all

50 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

Reality. People paying 3,500 baht per night for a standard hotel room are not going to be wanting to walk around soi buakhau. There arent even footpaths ffs

Footpaths on Soi Buakhau?  What a novel concept!

Edited by Komando
spelling error

1 hour ago, Mr Wombat said:

You don't think it will be like the others with Indian package tourists ?