IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching them work on this for at least 3 years already.  They sure aren't concerned with any deadlines.  Crazy that it's a huge international corporation "Holiday Inn" and they are ok with finishing the project "whenever"...  We would have been required to have that place buttoned up in 1 year or less in PDX from start to finish

2 hours ago, HTW said:

I've been watching them work on this for at least 3 years already.  They sure aren't concerned with any deadlines.  Crazy that it's a huge international corporation "Holiday Inn" and they are ok with finishing the project "whenever"...  We would have been required to have that place buttoned up in 1 year or less in PDX from start to finish

at least 3 years ? the site was empty for years that's for sure.

first activity i noticed on the site

28th april 2016 they started on some screening but a day or so later all that metalwork on the left was brought down by an overnight storm when the crap steel posts they put in all sheared off.............

5954bd0f5bb4c_april28026(Custom).JPG.f33ee83c7d783c134a00125348ddd884.JPG

then in may 2016...........13 months ago i took this pick of the vegetation being removed and preparing to have another go at the pesky fencing ..............

taken may 5th 2016

5954b906233fb_may5070(Custom).JPG.054db862dc6cfccdbf84d1dce44e2feb.JPG

in june 2016 just over 12 months ago they put up the holiday inn express signs on the cleared site perimeter...................

pics taken june 14th 2016

5954b98304736_june14018(Custom).JPG.3c4c56bbf5fb5261c666039dff2b5cc5.JPG

5954b9b94f935_june14019(Custom).JPG.a41479d7b4544155a1bc9457955342e4.JPG

perimeter fence up for the 2nd time but groundwork yet to start

july 4th 2016 groundwork starting.............

5954baa3b7429_july4013(Custom).JPG.e7d22669db17f421e846f3e35d6d9fa5.JPG

Edited by striderman

11 hours ago, HTW said:

Probably a franchise location, so it's up to the franchisee to get it up as soon as possible ... guess they don't need them money too badly ...

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

So what are  the other 3 buildings that they are using the same tower cranes to work on?? Those buildings have been being worked on for well over 2 years.  I realize they just started ground work up near  the Soi Buakhao entrance but that whole lot has been under construction with tower cranes and all for well over a couple years. Are they separate complexes? 

24 minutes ago, HTW said:

So what are  the other 3 buildings that they are using the same tower cranes to work on?? Those buildings have been being worked on for well over 2 years.  I realize they just started ground work up near  the Soi Buakhao entrance but that whole lot has been under construction with tower cranes and all for well over a couple years. Are they separate complexes? 

different work site completely. condo complex of 5/6 buildings with a yet to start hotel bit in front off on Soi 15 started by tulip group of stalled waterfront fame now under management of nova but nothing to do with the holiday inn

there is a thread running about that development in.............. buy/sell/rent/land/houses /condos section titled Hot Sale at Golden Tulip

Edited by striderman

Ok, well, fair enough, I stand corrected.  But they have been working on those other buildings for an extended amount of time... I usually stay  at R-con Blue Ocean and I usually see only maybe 1 or 2 guys working on them any given day. And the tower cranes are in the same lot as Holiday Inn.

Sounds like you have better on the ground info obviously than I do.  I just stay a few months out of the year. Thanks for the heads up, I really don't like being "that guy" spreading incorrect info..

The buildings in the rear look the same as they have for the past 2-3 years. Same tower cranes and all. No progress whatsoever.. Those buildings in the rear are the ones I was mistaken for Holiday Inn I guess. Anyone know the name of that project?  

11 minutes ago, HTW said:

The buildings in the rear look the same as they have for the past 2-3 years. Same tower cranes and all. No progress whatsoever.. Those buildings in the rear are the ones I was mistaken for Holiday Inn I guess. Anyone know the name of that project?  

follow the info in post 33

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, striderman said:

today

5970d617a09c3_july20005(Custom).JPG.3d7a81721ce4e11c5e1f16c3db6d4ac0.JPG

Moving right along with the progress.

I walk by there several times each trip, sometime there are workers and sometimes not any to be seen.

For me, not sure of the Location.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

No sign of any work at the other HIE site opposite Camelot hotel - though they have repaired the hole in the screening!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 4 weeks later...

59954694c01c8_aug17045(Custom).JPG.b808d089cb2fb15a1845a1a803454e58.JPG

yesterday. with the foundation work now complete progress should now be quicker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

seems like a strange location for this hotel,most hotels in this area are budget to mid price range.if this is a real holiday inn it will be probably the most expensive in the area

Just now, electro said:

seems like a strange location for this hotel,most hotels in this area are budget to mid price range.if this is a real Holiday Inn it will be probably the most expensive in the area

holiday inn express

I wish it was closer to Hooters.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

According to this link they are supposed to open their doors in 2017

https://www.ihgplc.com/en/news-and-media/news-releases/2015/ihg-to-grow-thai-presence-with-holiday-inn-express-in-pattaya

But I'm not so confident looking at the pics shared by @striderman. Anyone in the know or has an informed guess on when they are likely to get started. Like some signage on/ near the site like opening soon or some grapevine info 

I'm really interested because I'm already booked on the other Holiday Inn for my next trip early next year. But that is farther from the action, is costing me more points and probably doesn't have a free breakfast. This on the other hand being an Express will be easier on the points and closer to the points of action.

opening in 2017 is impossible, too much construction to be done never mind internal work. my last pic was taken sept 18.

On 6/29/2017 at 10:52, mustluvbuns said:

Probably a franchise location, so it's up to the franchisee to get it up as soon as possible ... guess they don't need them money too badly ...

Do they franchise out?

Didnt know that.Got a contact?

18 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Do they franchise out?

Didnt know that.Got a contact?

I mean, I kind of assume someone at IHG Franchise services would be a good start ... Nearly every well-known American brand is franchised these days ... 

http://development.ihg.com/

I think that a hotel Indigo would be a great addition to Patts ...

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0