Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

Fuck Pattaya.

I have two acres right next to CYYJ    that would be a perfect spot

Also acceptable.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

On 9/19/2017 at 17:33, electro said:

seems like a strange location for this hotel,most hotels in this area are budget to mid price range.if this is a real Holiday Inn it will be probably the most expensive in the area

On 9/19/2017 at 17:34, striderman said:

holiday inn express

To clarify, "Holiday Inn Express" properties typically are smaller, offer fewer amenities and are less expensive than a "Holiday Inn" property.  They are designed to compete for more "budget conscious" travelers.

When I was in college studying business, I did a detailed study of the hotel industry and how major chains were branching into the budget area.  Really can;t remember anything about it now, and that was over 30 years ago, so, even if I could, it would be pretty useless.

The spectrum of IHG properties is becoming more visible in Pattaya -- you have the InterContinental in Phratamnak, the Holiday Inn and soon the Holiday Inn Express. Each targets a different market of customers.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2017 at 01:33, electro said:

seems like a strange location for this hotel,most hotels in this area are budget to mid price range.if this is a real Holiday Inn it will be probably the most expensive in the area

TBH I'd put Holiday Inn in the mid-range - at least in the U.K. Often only 3 star. Definitely below Hilton & Marriott and probably somewhere between Ibis & Novotel - occasionally on par with Novotel.

11 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

To clarify, "Holiday Inn Express" properties typically are smaller, offer fewer amenities and are less expensive than a "Holiday Inn" property.  They are designed to compete for more "budget conscious" travelers.

When I was in college studying business, I did a detailed study of the hotel industry and how major chains were branching into the budget area.  Really can;t remember anything about it now, and that was over 30 years ago, so, even if I could, it would be pretty useless.

The spectrum of IHG properties is becoming more visible in Pattaya -- you have the InterContinental in Phratamnak, the Holiday Inn and soon the Holiday Inn Express. Each targets a different market of customers.

HIE in the U.K. are often on par price-wise with Holiday Inns. Rooms often similar, though fewer amenities as you say. They do offer a free breakfast though :rolleyes:

Some of the more established Holiday Inns are often a bit better than the modern ones. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

be assured that every possible building safety construction regulation is being strictly adhered to during this build

59ce400895469_sept29001(Custom).JPG.58cf6623a53356b381ce62f21281fa9d.JPG

59ce401dbd2ca_sept29002(Custom).JPG.bdd50f2521321dbca2c8c5ee8895e02f.JPG

59ce402c7b4bf_sept29004(Custom).JPG.66ca791bc7852dde1522ee4fb0a22fff.JPG

Edited by striderman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

while delving into dark corners of my photo records for something else i came up with a pic of the site i took on august 2nd this year.............

5a34cbaa01446_aug2012(Custom).JPG.f8304bb09ea5da2be7cc4a849db7eb86.JPG

the bit at the back they built first but i think they have made remarkable progress on that large section in front in 4.5 months

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, striderman said:

top view........................

5a4af7b8cddc8_jan1020(Custom).JPG.03590fa1c83cda4ce5994b8a63621447.JPG

Thanks Sir. Looks like it may be up before my May trip. Or am I just being hopeful because not much word out there yet on this new hotel:Cross_Fingers:

2 minutes ago, Candy77 said:

Thanks Sir. Looks like it may be up before my May trip. Or am I just being hopeful because not much word out there yet on this new hotel:Cross_Fingers:

i think that is a bit early. we are in jan and may is month 5.

i would guess october ish. i'm sure it will be running for the next high season

41 minutes ago, striderman said:

That looks more likely. Will have to stick to my original plans of putting up at Holiday Inn further out. It's a bit far off from the action, costs me more points and no breakfast. Besides it's GF policy is a bit dicey is what I hear. Overall not the best option but that's all I'll have till May it seems if I have to use my IHG points for my stay.:wacko:

Edited by Candy77

The concrete structure has now reached street level.. Incredibly fast.

May is a strong possibility

7 minutes ago, mcfish said:

The concrete structure has now reached street level.. Incredibly fast.

May is a strong possibility

i ain't no builder but there is a shed load of stuff to be done. last 3/4 days over new year the site has been locked while the cambodians etc are back home. still shut today.

i ain't no builder but there is a shed load of stuff to be done. last 3/4 days over new year the site has been locked while the cambodians etc are back home. still shut today.
Me either but they were slowed down a lot by the rainy season but still made big progress ... Will be interesting to see the finish line . No doubt a great location and the one in soi 4 Nana BKK had a cheap lunch buffet but I found the rooms very small but inexpensive.
  • Like 1

the yellow tower crane being removed

5a4eaf99220f0_jan4016(Custom).JPG.e81d475b1c194bccacef88ae34ff7078.JPG

but bit of a wait before check in opens..............

5a4eafc371c02_jan4015(Custom).JPG.e47fe4dbd07362ba4bc2d88aeb517d42.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

5a6a4ede655b9_jan25013(Custom).JPG.d3e70dce7377fe4a6a6191543afea6b2.JPG

thursday and a side view from a small soi off buakaow which is to my left.

looks like room for a pool in the middle section

I am looking forward to this hotel. I go on a trip in July. Could it be completed by then? If it is completed, it will go here only.:Grin3:

24 minutes ago, nosunje said:

I am looking forward to this hotel. I go on a trip in July. Could it be completed by then? If it is completed, it will go here only.:Grin3:

we are already near the end of january. no chance by july

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...