Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

I was on a baht bus going down Soi Buakhao tonight and noticed hoardings up on a construction site advertising a new Holiday Inn Express. There didn't seem to be much built yet (though it was dark) so don't know when it will open.

It's the Pattaya Tai end, near where the market is held, next to Sunview Place.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I was on a baht bus going down Soi Buakhao tonight and noticed hoardings up on a construction site advertising a new Holiday Inn Express. There didn't seem to be much built yet (though it was dark) so don't know when it will open.

It's the Pattaya Tai end, near where the market is held, next to Sunview Place.

Excellent news if they become companion friendly.

june 14 018 (Custom).JPG

june 14 019 (Custom).JPG

july 7 024 (Custom).JPG

july 7 025 (Custom).JPG

the sunview place hotel is the building to the left of the last pic

building time scale to opening? probably about 18 months at a guess

Edited by striderman

Still a little confused as to the location? In regards to LK Metro, north or south? I see in the opening post.

Excuse me.

Can't believe the amount of condos hotels in pattaya.

Edited by weblo

Still a little confused as to the location? In regards to LK metro, north or south?

from LK Metro, going south along soi buakaow, past soi diana, past Soi 15, past nicky's, comes up right hand side just before sunview place hotel and the boom boom complex

Edited by striderman

Would make it opposite UTID court (spelling) near the bend in the road,going towards the waste ground where the market is found.

Would make it opposite UTID court (spelling) near the bend in the road,going towards the waste ground where the market is found.

yes i would have mentioned Utid but i thought few people would know it

from lk metro, going south along soi buakaow, past soi diana, past soi 15, past nicky's, comes up right hand side just before sunview place hotel and the boom boom complex

yes after posting ( and drinking) I read the first post and figured it out! Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Is this one - http://www.holidayinn-pattaya.com/ - guest friendly?

Yes, although I've never tried to bring more than one guest at a time.

I emailed them before my first stay there and their response was, "Guest able to bring local Thai friends or visitors to our hotel but every time when your visitors reach the hotel, may we ask your kind co-operation to drop your Visitor’s ID card at front desk for security purpose. There is no additional charge for the visitors."

• 4 weeks later...

Is this one - http://www.holidayinn-pattaya.com/ - guest friendly?

Yes, although I've never tried to bring more than one guest at a time.

I emailed them before my first stay there and their response was, "Guest able to bring local Thai friends or visitors to our hotel but every time when your visitors reach the hotel, may we ask your kind co-operation to drop your Visitor’s ID card at front desk for security purpose. There is no additional charge for the visitors."

I've brought two girls back on multiple occasions and never had any issues at Holiday Inn

Thanks to the OP for posting and for the photo updates!

Hopefully new HI express have swimming pool, and maintain guest-friendly policies then def add this one to my list. Hopefully it's not gonna catered toward Chinese tourist groups 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

construction update.

piling i think about done. they have hammered in steel sheeting round at least part of the site edges and have begun removing earth to make space for a basement and reveal the concrete piles

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just noticed as I was coming in on the baht bus that another Holiday Inn Express is going to be built on the right hand side as you go up from the Tai/2nd Rd junction towards Jomtien. Opposite the Camelot hotel.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 months later...

today

march 4 005 (Custom).JPG

pump that concrete

my money is on this being built and open before the large condo blocks off Soi 15, 1 of which you can see in the background

• 1 month later...

taken april 20th with the stalled Soi 15 condo project behind slowly vanishing from view......

58febbe9c5b6a_april20022(Custom).JPG.96dd447bac9aa0f029de81df9080e23c.JPG

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...