IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

they are also building a Best Western on 2nd Road, up toward Pattaya Nua... so additional choice for brand spankN new, American brand hotels in the future... 

• Like 1

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

I asked a security guard yesterday when they would open..he put four fingers up...but no mention of which month :Laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, petermik said:

I asked a security guard yesterday when they would open..he put four fingers up...but no mention of which month :Laugh1:

they are recruiting staff i have noticed an increasing number of thais wearing blue holiday inn polo T shirts in the last week or so

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

as i walked by today it was a staff training fire drill

1131788553_5july022(Custom).JPG.d0a123b03a0028d77a70f5c2c47766e7.JPG

how many guests they expect to check in with their own bottle of compressed gas i dunno.

reception looks like a warehouse full of boxes so no opening just yet

• Like 3

9 hours ago, striderman said:

as i walked by today it was a staff training fire drill

1131788553_5july022(Custom).JPG.d0a123b03a0028d77a70f5c2c47766e7.JPG

how many guests they expect to check in with their own bottle of compressed gas i dunno.

reception looks like a warehouse full of boxes so no opening just yet

not just a fire drill striders the barbie came out afterwards.......opening date now official 12th of never :Crazy1:

• Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 15:46, striderman said:

okey dokey.

i went past the buakaow site twice this afternoon. an inspection of falangs/thai managers in progress.

by chance on my return sweep 1 falang was exiting the building.

when i asked "when u hope to open"

answer "end june start of july"

ability to book on line unlikely to happen until they are certain.

today i went by and a falang who i think is the project manager...................he drives a late model black ford mustang................was there and for once not busy on the phone etc.

in response to the question when do you hope to open

July 19 th (this year)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2019 at 17:01, striderman said:

today i went by and a falang who i think is the project manager...................he drives a late model black ford mustang................was there and for once not busy on the phone etc.

in response to the question when do you hope to open

July 19 th (this year)

well it didn't make it. today i was told august 1st

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, striderman said:

well it didn't make it. today i was told august 1st

Well the 2 places near PP massage and another hotel up on Soi 1 have recently opened, I think the Holiday will open before the place next to Friendship market.

7 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Open

If nobody else; thats what all the girlsworking in the BB  other side of soi Buakhao have been waiting for the last 2-3 years

12 minutes ago, SiamDreamer said:

I was impressed by the photos, but they are renderings, not actual photos.

I'm eager to see some reviews and actual photos

• Like 1

On 23/06/2019 at 05:02, southsidebruce said:

they are also building a Best Western on 2nd Road, up toward Pattaya Nua... so additional choice for brand spankN new, American brand hotels in the future... 

Now Pattaya just needs to be labeled an American family vacation destination and the cycle is complete. 

5 minutes ago, dnaliaht said:

Now Pattaya just needs to be labeled an American family vacation destination and the cycle is complete. 

I still laugh my ass off over the years when Las Vegas tried to promote itself as "family friendly"!

It was finally torn down/built over a while back, but, for YEARS afterward, if you took the tram from MGM to Bally's, you could still see some of the rides from MGM's ill-fated amusement park at MGM sitting dormant.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fforest said:

1280 Baht a night not bad for a new hotel...Pretty cheap really...

I put in some dates for late October to mid November, just under 1700 Bht per night

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

24 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I put in some dates for late October to mid November, just under 1700 Bht per night

Global Sale - Save at least 20% while inventory lasts
Rate Details

• Must book 3 days in advance
  • Breakfast included
  • Deposit Required
  • Non Refundable

THB / Night
Select Rate

Advance Purchase
Rate Details

• Deposit Required
  • Breakfast included
  • Non Refundable
  • Must book 5 days in advance

Standard Rate
1,440 00
  THB / Night

Member Discount
1,440 1,368 00
  THB / Night
Not a member? Join for free when you book this rate. 

Our most popular rate
Best Flexible Rate
Rate Details

• Breakfast included
  • FREE Cancellation until 4:00 PM local hotel time on Mon 12 Aug 2019
  • No deposit required

Standard Rate
1,600 00
  THB / Night

Member Discount
1,600 1,520 00
  THB / Night
Not a member? Join for free when you book this rate. 

Rewards Club Logo
Reward Nights
Rate Details

• Breakfast included
  • Refunded in Points Only
  • No deposit required
  • Points + Cash bookings are charged immediately in USD, and cancellations are refunded in points only.

Sign in to use your points
  • Like 1

The prices are kind of confusing....It looks like the 1280 price is a teaser price....When I tried to book the price was a bit more than 1500....

9 minutes ago, fforest said:

The prices are kind of confusing....It looks like the 1280 price is a teaser price....When I tried to book the price was a bit more than 1500....

you need to book before end of july and arrive until 15th september to get that rate, as they write. and all prices are shown without services charges & taxes (with that included, yes, it works out to slightly above 1500)

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

hotel opened on the 5th August. If you've stayed at any other HIE in Asia you'll know what to expect. Room could be in Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur etc, just the view is different. Paid 1200 baht a night and for 2 nights there's a 240b service charge and 184b in tax. Includes breakfast for 2 people. Everywhere still has that new smell to it with thick pile carpets in the hallways that havent been worn down yet. Very small pool area on top of hotel and smallish gym but decent equipment.

• Like 2

On 26/07/2019 at 17:29, Luv2Phuket said:

I still laugh my ass off over the years when Las Vegas tried to promote itself as "family friendly"!

It was finally torn down/built over a while back, but, for YEARS afterward, if you took the tram from MGM to Bally's, you could still see some of the rides from MGM's ill-fated amusement park at MGM sitting dormant.

Stayed there once then. The amusement park was doomed from the outset because it was on new, black asphalt, in the Las Vegas sun. Ten minutes was too much.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I was looking for reviews on HI express. I knew it was being built, but forgot about it for this visit. I will board the plane tomorrow for that long flight tomorrow morning. Today by coincidence I got an email saying that my Holiday Inn points would expire next month if I didn't I didn't have another booking. I decided to check into it. Through the IHG website they wanted 1102 baht. I thought that was a pretty good deal. So by this time next week I will try to give you all a report on a standard room.

Funny note on how I received my points in the first place. I was staying at a HI express in Utah. Another guest was putting his pistol into his bag. They were careless and the gun went off. It shot through his wall and into my room. That guest did report his mistake and was concerned about my well being. I was not hurt, so I was not upset. The manager did ad 5000 points to my account for me. 

Off to pack maybe I will run into a few of you on LK Metro:D

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, RICK36 said:

I was looking for reviews on HI express. I knew it was being built, but forgot about it for this visit. I will board the plane tomorrow for that long flight tomorrow morning. Today by coincidence I got an email saying that my Holiday Inn points would expire next month if I didn't I didn't have another booking. I decided to check into it. Through the IHG website they wanted 1102 baht. I thought that was a pretty good deal. So by this time next week I will try to give you all a report on a standard room.

Funny note on how I received my points in the first place. I was staying at a HI express in Utah. Another guest was putting his pistol into his bag. They were careless and the gun went off. It shot through his wall and into my room. That guest did report his mistake and was concerned about my well being. I was not hurt, so I was not upset. The manager did ad 5000 points to my account for me. 

Off to pack maybe I will run into a few of you on LK Metro. :D

Another way to keep your points from expiring is to go into the IHG website and buy the minimum number of points that they will sell you.

Cheapest option is 1,000 points for $13.50, but they are currently offering a 100% bonus for purchasing 5,000 points, so you can get 10,000 points for $67.50.

• Like 1