IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

13 minutes ago, CarlosDanger said:

Oh the Holiday Inn is definitely not a bad price, I just think it's a little far out there for me for a first time visit. And obviously a nicer hotel than the Express since it has suites and nice restaurants.

I was really trying to find something that's either right in the middle of the action like the Holiday Inn Express is with LK Metro, or kind of close to everything like the Hilton is. And obviously there are upsides to both - the Express is new and cheap, the Hilton is very nice. Downsides to both as well, with the Hilton being crazy expensive and the Express having small rooms and crappy showers.

I haven't stayed there, so don't put too much stock in this, but I never got the impression that the HI EXpress is "right in the middle of the action."

Looking on Google Maps, it is about 550 meters from LK Metro, or about a 7-8 minute walk. By comparison, the Hilton, which is not considered close to LK Metro, is about 950 meters away.

For many TGs, a 7-10 minute walk is the equivalent of a marathon! 555

As noted, never stayed there, so I would defer on this issue to others who have stayed there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

It's been a while, but can anyone give an update on this hotel? Is it still girl-friendly? If so, is that synonymous with "no joiner fees"? Sorry, newbie here, so I'm trying to learn about the nuances.

I've got 4 nights booked for April, since I have IHG points that would probably expire soon anyway. I know it's not a perfect location, but it's workable and much closer than the Courtyard that I was also considering (with points).

1 hour ago, phlampson said:

It's been a while, but can anyone give an update on this hotel? Is it still girl-friendly? If so, is that synonymous with "no joiner fees"? Sorry, newbie here, so I'm trying to learn about the nuances.

I've got 4 nights booked for April, since I have IHG points that would probably expire soon anyway. I know it's not a perfect location, but it's workable and much closer than the Courtyard that I was also considering (with points).

Still GF,  comfortable hotel. Small rooms, small beds, but everything is just comfortable.    Majority of the hotel are indian guests. I only say this because many share rooms and could be very noisy with the doors open (cultural thing I suppose)

IMO not worth using points since you can usually get a room for $30ish a night..    so points per dollar a really bad deal..

Edited by HimBadMan

1 hour ago, HimBadMan said:

Still GF,  comfortable hotel. Small rooms, small beds, but everything is just comfortable.    Majority of the hotel are indian guests. I only say this because many share rooms and could be very noisy with the doors open (cultural thing I suppose)

IMO not worth using points since you can usually get a room for $30ish a night..    so points per dollar a really bad deal..

Thanks for the confirmation and intel. I have to pay cash for the first night because it's blacked out due to Songkran. With taxes, it came out to a little over $61. The following nights were only slightly cheaper.

I've got no problem using points because they were about to expire anyway. I either use 'em or lose 'em. I figure each free night is pretty close to an ST somewhere.

I'm still amazed at the value of the hotels in SE Asia. Just a couple of weeks ago, I paid 150 USD for a Four Points Sheraton near an airport, and it was one of the worst hotels I've been at in several years (and I usually stay at low-to-midrange properties.

1 hour ago, simon6666 said:

Just posted my review of the place over here, for those interested:

Thanks for the heads-up. I just replied over there.