IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

2 hours ago, davidge said:

I thought that was meant to be another ‘Flipper’ hotel.

yeah that's what i heard but as i was doing the posting the name escaped me

On 16/12/2019 at 03:09, Luv2Phuket said:

Two very slight corrections on dates:

- the Holiday Inn on Beach Road opened in 2009, so it is only 10 years old.  It certainly seems like it has been there MUCH longer than that.  The Executive Tower opened 5 years later in 2014.

I remember walking that area a few years before it opened in 2009 when it was called Soi zero.

the premises are still in use apart from the front 28 ish rooms.

on the side the building works fronting Soi 15 (with the holiday inn in the background ) are progressing without an undue amount of noise

276907718_23dec001(Custom).JPG.db4192ab8ef2f4935db603f4d2d35775.JPG

that mobile crane has to build it's way out

1097264066_23dec004(Custom).JPG.18edd3121492c26e374fb05d7b1e7b1f.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2019 at 07:39, filipef said:

RICK36, any reviews now? I am particulary interested about room size and (sunny?) pool...

My apologies. I haven't been on this forum in a long time. Money has been tight, so I have been trying not think  about pattaya or possibly skipping the next trip. The room I stayed in was not large, but it was comfortable. Pool was nice. it should have sun( overcast the day I looked at it) seemed like the tallest building in the area. Although the Grand Avenue condos will be a similar height. Pool was not huge (about the same size as the one at the Travelodge). overall I thought it was very nie, but I wouldn't say it was the best value. I bet the hotel rates are gonna go up in that area now that they are talking about turning the Avenue shopping mall into a nana plaza type of venue. 

On 23/10/2019 at 12:28, Bawdy said:

Staying there atm, the rooms are small, but well designed, however the bathroom is absolutely puny and a deal breaker for me, also no screen on the shower so bathroom ends up getting wet.

you are exactly right. For a new hotel I thought they would have, fitted the bathroom better. 

• Like 2

On 13/10/2019 at 02:38, dinesh.neo said:

I have booked a refundable stay here on the first week of November.. just worried if the room is too small.. Will it be ok for bringing back two girls? My other option is staying at the holiday inn, but that's 3 times the price of this hotel (~3000thb vs 1000thb) I appreaciate any comments from members who have stayed here :) Thanks.

Room is not huge but OK. bed is only Queen sized, so your 2 guest will have to cuddle you

On 11/12/2019 at 18:42, Njaya said:

Are you sure it's not the same type of door at the HI Express Siam? In order to close the shower you swing the bathroom door into the shower, leaving the bathroom opened. 

It's not possible to close both the shower and bathroom at the same time, but does keep the shower water off the bathroom floor.

I know this configuration is used at Siam, and have seen it elsewhere too, possibly Sukhumvit, as well as many European HI Express locations.

There is no shower door at all. just a glass divider that comes back about 2 feet. Nice rain style showerhead, but nothing to keep the water contained in the shower area

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2019 at 05:17, Bawdy said:

This is seriously one noisy hotel, noise coming from everywhere; rooms next door, the corridor, other bathrooms and even kitchen downstairs!

Can anyone confirm this?

I don't like to hear what happens in the room next to me or on the corridor so osund prrof walls and doors are pretty important for me. If it's really that noisy it's definately a no go for me

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

...so osund prrof walls and doors ...

... sound proof...

Gesendet von meinem SM-T815 mit Tapatalk

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

• 2 weeks later...

The bathroom issue sounds like a thing.. especially when you have a guest..

I wonder do they have any upgraded room options?

no a fan of the shower.   its half pane so water gets everywhere
im not a fan of the the shower itself, seems like a high pressure showerhead which must be used to reduce water
the walls in the bedroom were thin, i can hear whats happening in the next room

after the fire of early december, time to get some practice in.......................

1510701374_27jan001(Custom).JPG.15a32a6a228019cf4b4bb275c1867b75.JPG

and a quick look at the nearby building site...............

1413649351_27jan002(Custom).JPG.3e20f8ed48755e62f3919d9200cdd98e.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently staying at Holiday Inn Express for 18 nights. Overall satisfied with the room, pool and gym.

For the shower issue bought myself a squeegee at D.I.Y. 100baht...it works very well!

Tip> if you are not a IHG member yet please become one... they have a Cybersale 25% discount for new members!!!

8DB9D508-0BE9-4375-ACE9-F2D005DA225B.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

only the vertical sign to replace.......................

1157840208_16feb001(Custom).JPG.ebe3564ffc3a0b3ba83a53cd6d8985ab.JPG

taken a couple of days ago. 

those dark grey long panels are not metal and serve only decoration and burn like a mother when they catch fire as they did early dec 6th...............

164585641_6dec005(Custom).JPG.f0d5bf0c1fb77c6e8913e2496888bf6c.JPG

i thought they would have changed them but this is thailand

1173223888_6dec016(Custom).JPG.fa66d39386ecdbc19e7fe98c1c886432.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, striderman said:

only the vertical sign to replace.......................

1157840208_16feb001(Custom).JPG.ebe3564ffc3a0b3ba83a53cd6d8985ab.JPG

taken a couple of days ago. 

those dark grey long panels are not metal and serve only decoration and burn like a mother when they catch fire as they did early dec 6th...............

164585641_6dec005(Custom).JPG.f0d5bf0c1fb77c6e8913e2496888bf6c.JPG

1173223888_6dec016(Custom).JPG.fa66d39386ecdbc19e7fe98c1c886432.JPG

And have to spend that big fat insurance pay out? You must be joking....

11 hours ago, king_julian said:

Might be a silly question, is this hotel guest friendly?

yes

• Like 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 1 month later...

passed by today and a notice on the door says

"hotel closed from 4 april till further notice"

1 hour ago, striderman said:

passed by today and a notice on the door says

"hotel closed from 4 april till further notice"

Not that I doubted you :D

P4040003.JPG

• 1 month later...

still closed at the moment.

meanwhile the proposed site in south pattaya that i'm sure has had the piling done is now a non runner................

2038558113_1june001(Custom).JPG.194b0e52fbd5957c571b7adc28969ca9.JPG

you can still just about read the faded decals on the blue section left side

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striderman said:

still closed at the moment.

meanwhile the proposed site in south pattaya that i'm sure has had the piling done is now a non runner................

2038558113_1june001(Custom).JPG.194b0e52fbd5957c571b7adc28969ca9.JPG

you can still just about read the faded decals on the blue section left side

This project was shelved over 2 years ago. The foundation work could not be completed due to other structures close by. plus the developer was having money issues at the time.

22 minutes ago, thainet said:

This project was shelved over 2 years ago. The foundation work could not be completed due to other structures close by. plus the developer was having money issues at the time.

i saw myself  the piling being done years ago.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm a IHG member sitting on 151k points and was just looking a the IHG web site and for November 2021 the HI Express is now 10k points and the HI on soi1 beech rd. is 15k.  refundable of course. I like the area around Buakhao but the nice one down by beach rd. looks really nice. Have not been much past Soi 6 and the big soapie place so that would be new for me.

32 minutes ago, burgher said:

I'm a IHG member sitting on 151k points and was just looking a the IHG web site and for November 2021 the HI Express is now 10k points and the HI on soi1 beech rd. is 15k.  refundable of course. I like the area around Buakhao but the nice one down by beach rd. looks really nice. Have not been much past Soi 6 and the big soapie place so that would be new for me.

The holiday inn express on buakaow is currently closed and has been for months. it did open after the first shtdown for a while but they gave up. it may be open by november but right now i wouldn't count on it

• 11 months later...
On 22/03/2021 at 09:13, striderman said:

The holiday inn express on buakaow is currently closed and has been for months. it did open after the first shtdown for a while but they gave up. it may be open by november but right now i wouldn't count on it

well i walked past today march 1st 2022 and it is open again, and good luck to them