IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

2 hours ago, striderman said:

yesterday.

5aaaf7f42f184_mar16006(Custom).JPG.76b6fbbac6735f3bfe28c69d379bf48c.JPG

Looks very impressive and also like it's going to have an underground garage hopefully with world class plumbing/pump system. I was hoping for a Summer 2018 opening by Spring 2019 is looking more likely.   Unless they double the construction labor and accelerate the the project schedule 7 days a week  - then maybe they will open this fall in time for high season.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 11:54, Luv2Phuket said:

The spectrum of IHG properties is becoming more visible in Pattaya -- you have the InterContinental in Phratamnak, the Holiday Inn and soon the Holiday Inn Express. Each targets a different market of customers.

What they really should do is make the front building of the existing Holiday Inn a Crown Plaza, leaving the second building as a Holiday Inn. The front building is an awesome property, and really deserves more credit than the Holiday Inn name gives it.

On the other hand, for a solo trip this new HI Express will be perfect. Excellent location, free breakfast, lower price.

I guess one drawback in at least in Thailand HI Express hotels typically don't offer King size beds, largest are Queen size.

And I wonder if they will have parking? The HI Express properties in Bangkok have parking on levels 2 - 5. I wonder if they'll replicate that here? Certainly no room for parking except in the building structure itself.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 15:51, Njaya said:

And I wonder if they will have parking? The HI Express properties in Bangkok have parking on levels 2 - 5. I wonder if they'll replicate that here? Certainly no room for parking except in the building structure itself.

there is a ramp down shown in my photos. building work was suspended last week for songkran. it may have resumed by now but i'm not risking a look and a certain soaking till  it's over on the 20th

• Like 2

18 hours ago, striderman said:

there is a ramp down shown in my photos. building work was suspended last week for songkran. it may have resumed by now but i'm not risking a look and a certain soaking till  it's over on the 20th

Okay, missed your picture of the ramp going down to a garage. It looks like the height was restricted in that area so it makes sense vs a structure like the BKK Siam HI Express which I visit frequently.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 20:59, Candy77 said:

According to this link they are supposed to open their doors in 2017

https://www.ihgplc.com/en/news-and-media/news-releases/2015/ihg-to-grow-thai-presence-with-holiday-inn-express-in-pattaya

But I'm not so confident looking at the pics shared by @striderman. Anyone in the know or has an informed guess on when they are likely to get started. Like some signage on/ near the site like opening soon or some grapevine info 

I'm really interested because I'm already booked on the other Holiday Inn for my next trip early next year. But that is farther from the action, is costing me more points and probably doesn't have a free breakfast. This on the other hand being an Express will be easier on the points and closer to the points of action.

Less expensive AND a decent breakfast buffet at nearly every HIE I have visited.

• Like 1

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 06:53, Candy77 said:

That looks more likely. Will have to stick to my original plans of putting up at Holiday Inn further out. It's a bit far off from the action, costs me more points and no breakfast. Besides it's GF policy is a bit dicey is what I hear. Overall not the best option but that's all I'll have till May it seems if I have to use my IHG points for my stay.:wacko:

I'm not sure which rate you chose,but for my November visit,I considered this as opposed to the least expensive room available. Breakfast for 2,evening drinks and canapes IMO is worth the difference in what's included,the room and amenities upgrade.

1 King Executive Club Ocean Nonsmoking

Combining affordable luxury with a modern space,this 36 sqm room offers stylish accommodation and a private balcony. Situated on the top floors of the executive tower the room offers offer upgraded amenities and access to the executive club with breakfast and evening cocktails and canapes.

• Like 1

-Frank Zappa

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 20:55, SiamDreamer said:

Looks very impressive and also like it's going to have an underground garage hopefully with world class plumbing/pump system. I was hoping for a Summer 2018 opening by Spring 2019 is looking more likely.   Unless they double the construction labor and accelerate the the project schedule 7 days a week  - then maybe they will open this fall in time for high season.

From my experience with IHG,they will list the hotel and amenities and will show a model of it on the website if it's 3 months or so before opening,when you search for hotels in any city. So my guess is Fall as already opined.

• Like 1

-Frank Zappa

People need to remember that IHG/ Holiday Inn etc are just a brand. They have limited control over the developer who actually owns/leases the building. Look at who is the developer and their past record, which will reflect their reliability for completion on time and their build quality.

• 4 weeks later...

I find this to be very bad news.

Next will be buses of tourists and their kids, strollers and shit. Stoplights? Sidewalks?

The hardcore pussy loving, chain smoking ,beer chugging,  old school Alpha monger is pushed even further east toward Sukhumvit and the darkside.

by the way, in south pattaya on the rd in from jomtien behind the holiday inn express posters on the fence there it looked like this early may...........

5afcecd862588_may2044(Custom).JPG.ead95e49351ec9f2c04a1ae6182ebca6.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up post. The IHG chain is pretty solid in Thailand and even the budget-friendly Holiday Inn Express franchise is reliably cheap but clean and modern. This will be a good option when completed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Thedooder said:

interesting... wonder if it will be ready in time for march.. crazy how slow the build process is there. 

when they started i reckoned by this high season but that's now impossible. but they have always looked short of workers on site to get it completed quickly

• Like 1

According to the IHG website, it was supposed to open in 2017.  Apparently they missed their deadline.

Edited by Buddy Edgewood
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

• 3 weeks later...