IGNORED

Holiday Inn Express coming to Buakhao

davidge

On 08/10/2018 at 04:23, Buddy Edgewood said:

According to the IHG website, it was supposed to open in 2017.  Apparently they missed their deadline.

I wonder what the opening date is meant to be on the other one opposite Camelot hotel? Don’t think they’ve even broken ground there yet.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 24/10/2018 at 14:35, davidge said:

I wonder what the opening date is meant to be on the other one opposite Camelot Hotel? Don’t think they’ve even broken ground there yet.

nothing happening but pretty sure the piling was put in 2/3 years ago.

I am not trying to project any "on ground" knowledge or real understanding of what the current situation is in Pattaya.

There seems to still be a major slow down on capital projects involving condos and hotels, the last surge in condos to me seemed to be particularly the "Russian " era  which I believe has seriously decreased particularly in Jomtien, there was some major hotel projects in Pattaya for the China tourist "hostels" and there definitely seems to be no urgency to complete the "Holiday Inn" even though the ex Premier now Travelodge seems still busy. 

Then of course there is the Centara / Golden Tulip farrago on Soi 15.

A lot of empty condos  have been affected by the "month rule" but still the rentals in some are astronomical and remain empty year after year and the sale prices are unrealistic as they cannot demonstrate a profitable rental income. My own opinion  and it is my own opinion I see a bubble that is going to burst sometime soon in a big way.

On the other side, as I posted in another thread, I cannot believe given (again my personal viewpoint) the change in the monger aspect that so many bars and food outlets keep closing with others then trying their luck and investing in re-fits when so many that have had success in the past are a shadow of their former self.

• Like 2

Thanks for the updates and construction progress photo. I was hoping this would be ready for New Years but looks like that is a no go. I am surprised there are so few chain hotels in the three star range in Pattayas central area.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Nick Adams said:

Thanks for the updates and construction progress photo. I was hoping this would be ready for New Years but looks like that is a no go. I am surprised there are so few chain hotels in the three star range in Pattayas central area.

I was surprised to see any well known brands there, given Pattaya's reputation.

• Like 1

The guest houses are too much competiton.  

They are usually quite clean with AC and decent bed shower for less than half the price of HI

Maybe the crackdown several months ago was to defeat this competition 

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday and the wraps are off at the front but still loads to be done

1447727771_13nov016(Custom).JPG.9cf3e360be8267545b20fbeb20cefc37.JPG

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Thedooder said:

No balconies?

Don't think they have them in budget brands like HIE in the West, so I expect they don't need to offer them to attract Western tourists.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick Adams said:

Thank you for the updated pictures much appreciated! Maybe ready for December 2019?

it's been a slower build than i expected. there often seemed to be few workers on site. from now i reckon 6 months ish.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2018 at 07:30, Nick Adams said:

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not very cost effective to run 3* chain hotels in countries with low wages, since you can easily just add a bit more staff and make it a full service 4* while you are at it.

3* chain hotels is more of a thing in countries with high labour cost being a much larger factor when it comes to running costs.

the number of workers on site appears to me to have increased

1298570789_21dec008(Custom).JPG.bfc2df467c2d057741cef23fb8e1102d.JPG

1159622492_21dec009(Custom).JPG.2d5f11b9482db4a7b421b07849eca9a7.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The electrical power lines and pole so close to the building scares the hell out of me.

Source:  29+ years of experience as a utilities engineer.

• Like 2

Just now, 6853395 said:

The electrical power lines and pole so close to the building scares the hell out of me.

what could possibly go wrong.?

109868263_8dec003(Custom).JPG.33002d3127c8dd445fa1603668491ce6.JPG

dec 8th in nearby Soi 15

3837089_8dec007(Custom).JPG.a9f43d1bfebf0f967b0b3bc93493ce99.JPG

14 hours ago, striderman said:

today

219205456_18jan038(Custom).JPG.b72fa2f4933dcfc8d7e6184a0161d2db.JPG

14 hours ago, 6853395 said:

They do look REALLY close, but is it possible that the 2-dimensional photo makes the power lines look closer to the building than they actually are?   Striderman - are they really that close or it just the nature of the photo?

IHG still does not have the property up on its website for bookings, but I think they will wait until it is definitively finished before opening it up for reservations.  My guess is that IHG would rather have slow bookings early on by opening it up for them late, than have to deal with people who are booked for rooms in a hotel that is not open.

I was thinking it is odd that they will be ready to open just in time for slow season, but maybe they want to work the kinks out before they REALLY start getting busy?

• Like 1

power lines are often close to buildings in pattaya esp on what is a quite narrow soi like buakaow where there is no pavement.

i've probably got photos on my external hard drive that show a different angle but finding them is hard. it will be easier to take a couple of new ones.

as to the opening i think it's still months away there is loads of internal work to be done

Edited by striderman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, striderman said:

power lines are often close to buildings in pattaya esp on what is a quite narrow soi like buakaow where there is no pavement.

i've probably got photos on my external hard drive that show a different angle but finding them is hard. it will be easier to take a couple of new ones.

as to the opening i think it's still months away there is loads of internal work to be done

EXCELLENT point - forgot where this property is!

Don't go to any trouble....I was just curious

• Like 1