IGNORED

Swansea City Thread

Lloydies

LLDLLLLDLLD

davidge you can console yourself with the fact that next month you'll be in Pattaya.  And you will be getting a positive result everyday.  And you'll never fail to score with the local talent

Bugger me sideways.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Not my thing old chap.

Unfortunately, today's result wasn't a surprise.

We now have Owners who know nothing about football who have appointed both a Manager & Chief Executive purely on the basis of their nationality.

The Manager is completed and utterly out of his depth. If he stays, we will be relegated.

Even if he's got rid of & signings brought in during January (we need at least 4, if not 6) it may be too late.

• 4 weeks later...

Bob Bradley's tenure didn't last very long.  After yesterdays result it is not really surprising though.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/bob-bradley-sacked-as-swansea-city-manager-after-only-11-games-in-charge/ar-BBxCDTH?li=AAaeUIW&ocid=spartanntp

My money's on John Toshack making a come-back as player-manager.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

My money's on John Toshack making a come-back as player-manager.

He'd be a better centre forward even now than the 2 bloody useless Spaniards we signed in the Summer!

Local press reporting club considering Giggs, Coleman, Rowett and Pearson.

Wouldn't mind Coleman. Not sure Rowett is up to it. Not keen on Giggs. Pearson is a psychopath - please God not him.

He'd be a better centre forward even now than the 2 bloody useless Spaniards we signed in the Summer!

Local press reporting club considering Giggs, Coleman, Rowett and Pearson.

Wouldn't mind Coleman. Not sure Rowett is up to it. Not keen on Giggs. Pearson is a psychopath - please God not him.

Pearson may be a fucking lunatic but it was pretty much his team that won the title last year, and went on that amazing run at the end of the season before to avoid relegation.  It could be just what you need in the short term.

Coleman is the obvious choice but I'd love to see Giggsy get a chance.  I am biased as a United fan and you and other Swansea fans will have far more of a vested interest.  Whoever you get I wish you luck. Swansea have been a welcome addition to the Premier League, especially under Rodgers and Laudrup.

Harry Redknapp has said he wants the job!

I thought the old crook had packed it in?

For those interested there is a prediction league on this site which starts on 14th January and runs until May 21st, the end of the season.  A correct result (win,loss or draw) gets you a point and each weeks entries get you a 3 point bonus.  It's completely free to take part and the winner will receive:

PL SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES
5000 baht - donated by Ben & Manny
Signed copy Brian Jacks Autobiography- donated by Ben
VIP Airport Lounge Pass - donated by Lloydies
1500 baht ST/LT - donated by Sleuth
Beats by Dr Dre Studio Headphones - donated by joethescot

There may be more prizes added before the start date.

If anyone is interested then please check this thread out:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/302035-scotties-premier-league-predictions-sweepstakes/page-22

Cheers

According to the BBC sports website,the latest frontrunners for the job are Bayern Munich no2 and former Derby County head coach Paul Clement. Along with ex Birmingham manager Gary Rowett.

Ryan Giggs and Chris Coleman have seemingly ruled themselves out.

Looks like Clement is front runner.

Club clearly given up and preparing for Championship.

Bizarre owners, players with no confidence & few signings likely.

Future looks bleak.

This question has probably been asked already,but it needs asking again,as I have never come across a clear straight answer.

Why did they sack Garry Monk..?

This question has probably been asked already,but it needs asking again,as I have never come across a clear straight answer.

Why did they sack Garry Monk..?

The Chairman panicked after a run of poor results.

He had no-one lined up to replace Monk and 3 or 4 people turned the job down. That's how we ended up with Guidolin.

We've had 3 bad summers in a row as far as transfers are concerned. That isn't the responsibility of any manager as the Chairman controls it completely. Part of the problem was the Board not wanting to spend too much money as they were looking to sell the club and cash in. Each Director has pocketed millions from the sale to the poxy yanks. Not a single penny has been invested in the club.

Thanks Davidge.

Sadly it's not looking good.

Swansea City confirm the appointment of Paul Clement as their new head coach on a two-and-a-half-year deal #Swans

We are SO screwed

Seems like Alan Pardew would have been a much better choice for a relegation battle, but for all we know, he may have turned it down.

Luciano Narsingh from my club PSV is coming your way.
Fast player but very inconsistent.

Swansea City confirm the appointment of Paul Clement as their new head coach on a two-and-a-half-year deal #Swans

We are SO screwed

You showed some character tonight.

When Zaha scored Palace's equaliser late on I thought you might just fall apart but you dug in and got the winner.

Hopefully you can kick on from here.

We can but hope. Need a very effective transfer window though.

Apparently, Clement bringing 2 people I've never heard of from Spurs as Assistant and Fitness Ciach.

Hope he's got contacts for players.

Swansea City is pleased to confirm that former French international Claude Makelele has joined the club’s coaching staff.

The 43-year-old, who has signed a deal until the end of the season, reunites with head coach Paul Clement, who he worked with during his playing stint at Chelsea and as a coach with Paris Saint-Germain.

The former Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG midfielder has been named as an assistant coach, and will work alongside Clement’s fellow new recruits Nigel Gibbs and Karl Halabi, as well as goalkeeping coach Tony Roberts.

Makelele will get his first taste of the Liberty on Saturday when he’s in the dug-out for the Swans’ Premier League fixture with Arsenal.

Swansea City close to signing Norwich City's Martin Olsson #swans

Neil Taylor is set for a spell on the sidelines after fracturing his cheekbone in training this morning...

Swansea City could be about to make their first signing of the January transfer window as they close in on a deal for PSV winger Luciano Narsingh.

SWANSEA City have made an enquiry over Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho....

Edited by davidge