IGNORED

Swansea City Thread

Lloydies

Swansea City have completed their first signing of the January transfer window following the arrival of Dutch international Luciano Narsingh from PSV Eindhoven for a £4million fee.

The right-footed winger, who is comfortable playing on either flank, arrives on a two-and-a-half year deal.

Narsingh completed his medical today but won't feature in Saturday’s Premier League clash with Arsenal at the Liberty due to a slight calf injury.

The 26-year-old becomes Paul Clement’s first signing since he took over as head coach, with Narsingh set to wear squad number 28.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Luciano Narsingh.

Good purchase for Swansea.

Decent player,quick,skilful,two-footed,but somewhat inconsistent.

His acquisition demonstrates the overwhelming financial power and prestige of the English Premier League. In that an international player can be captured from a big Champions League club like PSV Eindhoven,and willingly move to a relegation threatened club like Swansea.

Swansea City are expected to complete a deal worth around £4m for Norwich City left-back Martin Olsson early next week #Swans

First half today was better. Back to 4-2-3-1 and a much higher tempo.

We deserved to be ahead by the 30-minute mark but just have nothing up front.

Fell apart second half, though 2 unlucky goals. Still weak through the middle at the back.

We really need 1 or 2 strikers, 1 or 2 centre halves and maybe a defensive midfield player! Only half a team!!!

Looking like Carroll may sign from Spurs as well. Not sure it helps much.

Next 3 Away games:

Liverpool

Man City

Chelsea

Our goal difference may get a tad worse!

In between, we are home to Southampton, Leicester & Burnley. Need a minimum of 7 points from those.

After that, 6 of our 8 games are ones we could/should/must get points in.

Then final 3 games are Everton (H), Sunderland (A), WBA (H). If we need 9 points by then they're not the worst games.

Swansea City have bolstered their defensive options with the signing of Swedish international Martin Olsson from Norwich City for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old left-back has penned a two-and-a-half year deal, with an option for a third year.

Olsson becomes the second signing of the January transfer window, following PSV Eindhoven winger Luciano Narsingh to the Liberty.

His arrival strengthens head coach Paul Clement’s options at left-back, which currently include Stephen Kingsley and Neil Taylor, who is currently sidelined with a fractured cheekbone.

Born and raised in Sweden, Olsson joined Blackburn Rovers as a teenager back in 2006.

Having been spotted playing for Swedish club Hogaborgs BK, he was given his Rovers debut by Mark Hughes in a Uefa Cup qualifying game at the beginning of the 2007-08 season, when he was just 19.

He was named young player of the year at Ewood Park in that campaign, and would make almost 150 appearances – the vast majority of them in the Premier League – for the Lancashire club, while he also worked with current Swans head coach Paul Clement during his short spell with Rovers in 2011-12.

Olsson moved to Norwich in 2013 and racked up 129 appearances for the Canaries, winning plaudits at Carrow Road for his willingness to get forward from left-back.

Such is his ability on the front foot that Olsson has at times been used on the left side of midfield rather than defence.

Having originally signed a four-year deal at Norwich, he penned a one-year contract extension last November, but has now taken the chance to return to the top flight with the Swans.

Olsson has won 40 caps for Sweden since making his debut back in 2010, and played for his national side at Euro 2012 and Euro 2016.

He has scored five goals at international level and netted ten times in a total of 270 appearances for Blackburn and Norwich.

Olsson’s twin brother Marcus also had a lengthy stint at Blackburn before he was signed by Clement at Derby County.

Meanwhile, winger Marvin Emnes has returned from his loan spell at Blackburn, with the Dutchman scoring three goals in 20 appearances for the club.

Edited by davidge

Swansea City have completed the signing of Tottenham midfielder Tom Carroll for a fee thought to be around £4.5m

IMG_6247.JPG

Very happy with the result today to be honest I wasn't expecting that I bet others weren't too

Thought the the new signings Tom Carrol and Martin Olsson played well hopefully onwards and upwards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely a bonus 3 points.

The crucial matches are still to come.

We're lucky that there are so many poor sides this year.

Sunderland, Hull, Palace & Boro are very poor.

Watford, Bournemouth, West Ham, Burnley, Leicester not much better.

Southampton's selling policy has also caught up with them.

Gives us a chance of staying up despite having the worst squad for several years.

We still desperately need at least one centre half, preferably 2, and a striker.

• 2 weeks later...

Wales international Neil Taylor leaving Swansea City for Aston Villa with Jordan Ayew heading to Liberty Stadium in player plus cash deal.

Swansea City's Dutch striker Marvin Emnes set to rejoin Blackburn on loan for the rest of the season.

Some half-time transfer news for you...

@modoubarrow14 has joined @LUFC on loan. Good luck, Mo!

Another big win for us tonight back to back wins not see that for a while fingers crossed there's more to come

Another big win for us tonight back to back wins not see that for a while fingers crossed there's more to come

Yes. A crucial 3 points.

Disappointed that we haven't strengthened the defence more during the window. Could still cost us.

Next 2 away games are Man City & Chelsea, but the other 5 games coming up next could define our season.

Home: Leicester, Burnley, Boro;

Away: Hull, Bournemouth.

the other 5 games coming up next could define our season.

Guessing 9 points.

Yes. A crucial 3 points.

Disappointed that we haven't strengthened the defence more during the window. Could still cost us.

Next 2 away games are Man City & Chelsea, but the other 5 games coming up next could define our season.

Yes I to I'm very disappointed that we not strengthened our defence especially when I read paper this morning and see Crystal Palace have had Sakho on loan till end of season would have been great to have had him of loan as we definitely need it .

Guessing 9 points.

9 points would be slightly disappointing.

We can't really afford to lose any of those - certainly no more than one.

11 points needs to be the target.

Yes I to I'm very disappointed that we not strengthened our defence especially when I read paper this morning and see Crystal Palace have had Sakho on loan till end of season would have been great to have had him of loan as we definitely need it .

Sakho was meant to be one of 3 we were interested in.

We saw again last night with the goal we conceded that we are very suspect on our right with Naughton & Fernandes.

Sakho was meant to be one of 3 we were interested in.

We saw again last night with the goal we conceded that we are very suspect on our right with Naughton & Fernandes.

Yes that's why this morning's news peed me off more than likely cash as you know how shrewd Huw Jenkins is

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Swansea City rejected £30million-plus interest in Gylfi Sigurdsson from Chinese Super League #swans southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/gylfi/story-30…

9 points would be slightly disappointing.

We can't really afford to lose any of those - certainly no more than one.

11 points needs to be the target.

I expect Swansea will win against Burnley and Boro but draw against Leicester, Bournemouth and Hull. 

Swansea City rejected £30million-plus interest in Gylfi Sigurdsson from Chinese Super League #swans southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/gylfi/story-30…

If that bid came in early-January i would have accepted it.

We really couldn't afford to have lost him in that transfer window as we be fooked with out him I really can't see him being there next season that's for sure .

We really couldn't afford to have lost him in that transfer window as we be fooked with out him I really can't see him being there next season that's for sure .

Could've bought Lasse Schone from Ajax, Jens Toornstra from Feyenoord plus a really good defender with that money.