IGNORED

Swansea City Thread

Lloydies

Not many foreign teams get to play in the English leagues (we don't even let the Jocks in) let alone the top division so I'm sure you will all agree that Swansea City deserve their own thread.

Information about The Swans can be found by clicking the link below but I am sure any "Swans" BMs can give us plenty of interesting facts & keep us up to date with the latest Swan's news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swansea_City_A.F.C.

Take it away davidge

:hello09:

Edited by Lloydies

Welcome Swansea FC .... :GoldenSmile1:

image.jpeg

It was all quite simple really

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Davidge .... You can't escape from Lloydie and Eanto now ... 5555

Good snooker players

1987-88 season the bloody swansea floodlights were the reason i didnt do the `100%  season`(not missing a match) :Anger: .A tuesday night match and the game was abandoned cos of floodlight failure,when we were winning 1-0 too,obviously we lost the rearranged match 1-0.

When the game was rearranged i couldnt make it cos of work.......bloody taffs! :mad:

1987-88 season the bloody swansea floodlights were the reason i didnt do the `100%  season`(not missing a match) :Anger: .A tuesday night match and the game was abandoned cos of floodlight failure,when we were winning 1-0 too,obviously we lost the rearranged match 1-0.

When the game was rearranged i couldnt make it cos of work.......bloody taffs! :mad:

In theory you still went to every match as you went to the first match that was abandoned.

At the end of the season the league table didn't have 2 clubs playing a game more than every other team did they?

He is ignoring us  :LOL2:

Maybe if we started a cardiff city thread it might attract his attention! :P

Edited by vimto66
  • Like 2

Alan Curtis goal here is still my favourite Swans moment.

I was in seat L51 in the wooden stand behind the goal - as I had been for every game during the rise from Division 4 to Division 1 in successive seasons.

We finished 6th - the lowest we'd been all season.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Alan Curtis goal here is still my favourite Swans moment.

I was in seat L51 in the wooden stand behind the goal - as I had been for every game during the rise from Division 4 to Division 1 in successive seasons.

We finished 6th - the lowest we'd been all season.

Wow ... You are a true fan ... I was only at old Trafford 10 times , Anfield once ,Highbury once ( on honeymoon , my ex wife was well pissed off at that time 55555 ) , white hart lane once ...

A few blasts from the past in that vid!

Billy Bremner?

Still much better at snooker

I was going to post our 2-0 win over Liverpool that season for Lloydies but it doesn't seem to be on YouTube.

The 2-2 draw at Anfield is there, where we were robbed by 2 dubious penalties after leading 2-0.

I went there as well - stood behind the goal in quite a crush. My specs were sent flying when we scored our second but luckily weren't damaged :-)

Reardon

Griffiths

Mountjoy

Williams

Stevens

Reardon

Griffiths

Mountjoy

Williams

Stevens

They didnt play for swansea.

They didnt play for swansea.

Has anybody ?

This is the game when we won promotion to Div 1 at Preston. I went there as well :-)

We went on two special supporters trains. On the way home one of the trains was stoned as it went through Cardiff - despite our win saving Cardiff from relegation.

Has anybody ?

Cant recall anyone called that who played for them!

Wow ... You are a true fan ... I was only at old Trafford 10 times , Anfield once ,Highbury once ( on honeymoon , my ex wife was well pissed off at that time 55555 ) , white hart lane once ...

I would be pissed if was at Highbury on my honeymoon

Reardon

Griffiths

Mountjoy

Williams

Stevens

John Toshack...what a player

This is the game when we won promotion to Div 1 at Preston. I went there as well :-)

We went on two special supporters trains. On the way home one of the trains was stoned as it went through Cardiff - despite our win saving Cardiff from relegation.

Can't shut davidge up now

I'm Thinking the swans won't have much to celebrate tomorrow when the mighty Manchester City trounce them and consign Manchester Ushited to the europa league. But apart from tomorrow good luck to the swans 

I'm Thinking the swans won't have much to celebrate tomorrow when the mighty Manchester City trounce them and consign Manchester Ushited to the europa league. But apart from tomorrow good luck to the swans

Hoping that Swansea will do us a favour tomorrow by hammering our noisy neighbour ... :) , probably a good omen by opening a new Swansea FC thread , thank you Lloydie .. :)