IGNORED

Swansea City Thread

Lloydies

15 hours ago, davidge said:

Yes, big win today. Confident performance - though West Ham were dreadful.

Now to do the same next week at Huddersfield :-)

Swansea certainly turned it around yesterday after last weeks heavy defeat at Brighton, i`d written yesterdays game at Tottenham off regarding points (still had a good day out though, its not just about the football), but our next two games both at home v yourselves and crystal Palace could have a big say in our season!

Hopefully being at home will be a deciding factor and to our advantage, i bloody well hope so!:P

3 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Swansea certainly turned it around yesterday after last weeks heavy defeat at Brighton, i`d written yesterdays game at Tottenham off regarding points (still had a good day out though, its not just about the football), but our next two games both at home v yourselves and Crystal Palace could have a big say in our season!

Hopefully being at home will be a deciding factor and to our advantage, i bloody well hope so!:P

Your next 5 games will decide your season, I think. Unlikely to get much from your last 4.

We’ve become decent at home now but, due to FA Cup & Internationals, it’s 6 weeks before our next Home League game - unless Southampton gets rearranged in the meantime. I’m hoping for 6 points from our visits to you and West Brom, but I guess 4 would be ok. Not expecting anything from Old Trafford. I don’t want the season to come down to our final game at home to Stoke. Don’t think my blood pressure could take it.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 minute ago, davidge said:

I don’t want the season to come down to our final game at home to Stoke. Don’t think my blood pressure could take it.

It might just well do, then again you or even us might be safe with a bit to spare, it would be lovely going into the last game v arsenal without a care in the world!

8 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

It might just well do, then again you or even us might be safe with a bit to spare, it would be lovely going into the last game v arsenal without a care in the world!

That could very well be Wenger’s last game as Arsenal manager. It would be nice if he signed off with a defeat :rolleyes:

• Like 2

7F66BDB3-FF82-4C5F-ACA6-CF692BCB6F89.thumb.jpeg.fbfb2a3bfc742fe4f595bf13fbcbc89b.jpeg

A good point in the circumstances.

It’s difficult playing 10 against 12. :rolleyes:

Ultimately disappointing afternoon from out point of view, a good chance for a win but didnt take it, credit to swansea though cos they defended well, we hit post and bar but only stats that count are goals, first clean sheet we`ve kept in ages and typically we fail to score also!:P

Small consolation was none of the teams in the relegation zone won apart from Newcastle, and Palace are losing as i post this.

Edited by vimto66

On 31/01/2018 at 20:19, davidge said:

The next 6 games will pretty much decide our season.

Leicester (A)

Burnley (H)

Brighton (A)

West Ham (H)

Huddersfield (A)

Southampton (H)

If we are in the bottom 3 after those then I can’t see us staying up.

The Southampton game has been postponed as we’re in the FA Cup QF so I guess it’s time to look at how we’re doing.

57D58EBC-726F-4222-ADA4-4A62F0288C40.thumb.jpeg.08d19d2fedaaf88d2ca306d1f1f5efad.jpeg

Not in bottom 3 so clearly we’ve given ourselves a chance. 3 weeks until the next PL game for us, which is Man U at Old Trafford. Some teams playing next weekend, and I don’t expect us to get anything from Old Trafford, so we will be closer to the bottom after that. Don’t think we’ll be in the bottom 3 though.

We then have away games at West Brom, Man City & Bournemouth and Home games against Everton, Chelsea, Southampton & Stoke.

Many matches between teams in the relegation fight still to come so there’s a chance for most of the teams to get out of trouble. We may need 11 points to be absolutely safe. It could still be tight!

West Brom are done for and Stoke, Southampton & West Ham are in poor form. Palace’s good run seems to be over and Huddersfield & Newcastle can’t score many goals. Bournemouth concede easily. Brighton, Watford & Everton four but inconsistent.

Think there’s a good chance we will stay up but still far from a sure thing!

• 1 month later...

Disappointing result in the end today. We played well, dominated Everton and should have been at least 3 up by half time.

The performance was pretty good. We just can’t finish, and still tend to make silly mistakes at the back.

Man City away next week, then Chelsea at home. Any points will be a bonus.

It will come down to the 3 games in the last week of the season: Bournemouth away; Southampton home; Stoke home.

Hopefully, Stoke & Southampton will continue to pick up few points. There’s a chance that Brighton & Huddersfield will get no more points this season. Think the others will be safe.

It took even longer than usual to start letting us out of the Stadium car park yesterday and one bloke got fed up and tried to drive through a hedge. He didn’t make it!

F281E419-115F-46CC-A1CB-938D375016D1.jpeg.d6a6c619cc7b7e5b35586901a4fcfc5a.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

TBH, we were awful for an hour today. Improved later, but didn’t deserve anything from the game. 

We are pretty much down to bare bones in the squad now. Fernandez, Bartley & Narsingh added to the injury list before today’s game. Don’t think injuries are serious but have to wait and see. Only ourselves to blame as we just didn’t sign players to strengthen a small squad.

Got to hope we get something at Bournemouth next week, despite our poor away record. Increasingly looking like the home games against Southampton & Stoke will decide the season. 4 points from 3 games will be enough, I think, though we may get away with fewer. It’s just made worse by the likelihood of Cardiff being promoted.

Joint lowest PL scorers with Huddersfield says it all.

Edited by davidge

On 4/28/2018 at 20:55, davidge said:

Joint lowest PL scorers with Huddersfield says it all.

And our paltry total of 27 goals came in three games too, Crystal Palace away,Watford away, and Bournemouth at home, so our other 16 goals have been spread out among our other games, truly abysmal. Its possible that the 4th bottom team could end up staying up with the record lowest points total needed for surviving in the prem!

15 years ago today the Swans had to win to stay in the League:

On 5/3/2018 at 11:48, davidge said:

15 years ago today the Swans had to win to stay in the League:

Football stadia has come on a bit hasn`t it.:P

Going to be a nerve-wracking day today.

First watching TV hoping Stoke lose in early game, then commentary of Swans at Bournemouth -while keeping an eye on West Ham at Leicester- then the late TV game hoping Southampton lose at Everton.

All results go our way and we’re almost safe. They go against us and we’re in the bottom three.

:Blur:

Edited by davidge

Stoke out of the equation, one relegation place to be filled.Swanseas last game is against relegated stoke, with southampton at home to man city and us at home to Arsenal, you have a great chance of staying up, as we all know though footballs not as straightforward as that.

8 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Stoke out of the equation, one relegation place to be filled.Swanseas last game is against relegated stoke, with southampton at home to man city and us at home to Arsenal, you have a great chance of staying up, as we all know though footballs not as straightforward as that.

It seems to me that the gods have decreed that the 3 that go down this season will be all wearing stripes. So Swansea and the Ammers are safe ...... :D

21 minutes ago, Gone-east said:

It seems to me that the gods have decreed that the 3 that go down this season will be all wearing stripes. So Swansea and the Ammers are safe ...... :D

:sad:  Footballs not always enjoyable, days like today are horrible.

Edited by vimto66

We haven’t won since March 3 (8 games including today) so I’m really not confident.

Everton 1 southampton 1,could have been a damn sight lot worse for both of us, i`ve written our game at man city off tomorrow,i think we`ll get trounced, its all about tues, weds, and sunday!

We need 2 wins, though a win on Tuesday may do. Trouble is we really have no ‘spark’ again at the moment. Few chances created, even fewer goals. 

The Southampton win against Bournemouth was huge. We need a win rather than a draw against them now.

Got a sneaky feeling Huddersfield may beat Arsenal in last game.

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

We need 2 wins, though a win on Tuesday may do. Trouble is we really have no ‘spark’ again at the moment. Few chances created, even fewer goals. 

The Southampton win against Bournemouth was huge. We need a win rather than a draw against them now.

Got a sneaky feeling Huddersfield may beat Arsenal in last game.

Depending on how things pan out we might not need to, we`re not going to beat chelsea on weds, but if you can beat southampton on tues that will mean them needing to beat man city which would be a tall order, and with you playing relegated stoke.......

All these permatations are driving me mad lol!

Staggering team selection for tonight’s crucial game. 

Hope we get something out of it, but it will go down to last day.

Gone beyond that.

DBE288E6-8575-4755-8092-8DB4DB6FCF9D.png.29b9434b2fc191ba05a6d25c2938a618.png

the saints were on the march. swans have to beat stoke and hope huddersfield get bugger all away to chelski and home to the gunners