IGNORED

Swansea City Thread

Lloydies

It's the hope that kills you.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 3 weeks later...

Happy days with the win yesterday just listening to the Crystal Palace and Hull game on the drive home from Sunderland looks like we a safe now get in there [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Swans are staying up!

The Swans are staying up!!

Now you've got to believe us.

Now you've got to beliiiieeeeeve us!

THE SWANS ARE STAYING UP!!!!!

23 minutes ago, davidge said:

The Swans are staying up!

The Swans are staying up!!

Now you've got to beliiiieeeeeve us!

THE SWANS ARE STAYING UP!!!!!

imagesf.png

Congrats to Swansea. Wish my team had been able put up a bit better display instead of going down with a whimper.

Now never let someone like Bob Bradley anywhere near the club again.

• 4 months later...

First post on the thread this season. First time I've seen Swans in the flesh this season.

The first half against Watford was one of the worst Swans performances I've seen in the Premier League. We don't have the players for the formation Clement started with (5-3-2). Players looked lost. No width, no pace, no intensity. Deserved to be three down, lucky it was only one. Players booed off at half time.

2 subs at half time and change of formation (4-3-1-2). Immediate improvement. Equaliser. Could have got more goals. Watford then came back into game and got a late winner after a Swans mistake.

It's clear we are going to struggle again this season. We've sold our best 2 players and not really replaced them.

Looking at new signings:

Clucas is tidy, could develop further but is less of a player than Britten was 4 years ago.

Bony looks unfit, lazy and lacking in confidence. Did very little work today, didn't hold the ball up, didn't challenge much and was weak when he had the odd chance.

Sanchez looks completely lacking in confidence, unfit and not really interested.

Abraham looks lively, enthusiastic, eager but has a lot to learn. Hopefully, he'll develop into a good Premier League player but isn't there yet.

Meanwhile, we still have the same weaknesses as last season. Defence is liable to a silly mistake. Naughton not good enough and totally unsuited to 5 at the back. Fer not quite good enough. Carroll too weak, doesn't tackle and lacks pace. We play with no width, especially on our right.

It's going to be a long season.

When they signed Sanches the media made him out to be the biggest signing ever for Swansea.

Didn't look great on his debut last week, and now he's on the bench and gets on for the last 5 minutes.

4 hours ago, Thamesbank said:

When they signed Sanches the media made him out to be the biggest signing ever for Swansea.

Didn't look great on his debut last week, and now he's on the bench and gets on for the last 5 minutes.

He hardly got a look in at Bayern last season. No goals, no assists.

Don't think Clement has handled him very well. Throwing him straight into the starting line-up then having to drop him will just knock his confidence even more. He gave possession away 23 times during his debut. That takes some doing!

I forgot to mention Mesa in the new signings above. We haven't seen much of him - other than him having a stupid moustache! Seems a neat & tidy passer who doesn't hold the ball much and isn't blessed with too much pace. Given the ball away a few times when he's played - including for the Watford winner yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate hope your well just watched the game and would just like to say thanks for the 3 points 

• 4 weeks later...

Leon Britton has been appointed player/coach taking over the role of Makelele who left to be Head Coach of a Belgian side last week.

A new club captain will now be appointed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still relegation bound now davidge?:rolleyes:After two fantastic wins against Liverpool and Arsenal im quite sure your mindset will have changed somewhat, its us who are feeling nervous just now!:unsure:

Still the weakest squad we’ve had since we were in the Championship. Only sign of strengthening is maybe Andre Ayew returning from West Ham.

Mesa has gone to Sevilla on loan. We paid £11million for him in the Summer. That’s players we paid a total of £33million for now out on loan elsewhere. Shows the shambolic transfer policy in recent years.

The next 6 games will pretty much decide our season.

Leicester (A)

Burnley (H)

Brighton (A)

West Ham (H)

Huddersfield (A)

Southampton (H)

If we are in the bottom 3 after those then I can’t see us staying up.

I’ve not been able to go to the Liberty for several weeks. My father became very ill and I was caring for him at home. He died just after Christmas.

The Burnley game will be my first since Brighton in early November.

We have a chance now but are still relying on 3 teams being even worse than us.

I do think you are going down, sorry!

40 minutes ago, davidge said:

Still the weakest squad we’ve had since we were in the Championship. Only sign of strengthening is maybe Andre Ayew returning from West Ham.

Mesa has gone to Sevilla on loan. We paid £11million for him in the Summer. That’s players we paid a total of £33million for now out on loan elsewhere. Shows the shambolic transfer policy in recent years.

The next 6 games will pretty much decide our season.

Leicester (A)

Burnley (H)

Brighton (A)

West Ham (H)

Huddersfield (A)

Southampton (H)

If we are in the bottom 3 after those then I can’t see us staying up.

I’ve not been able to go to the Liberty for several weeks. My father became very ill and I was caring for him at home. He died just after Christmas.

The Burnley game will be my first since Brighton in early November.

We have a chance now but are still relying on 3 teams being even worse than us.

I do think you are going down, sorry!

Genuinely sorry about your dad, footballs a triviality after something like this, thought you hadn`t been posting on here quite as regularly!

At this moment in time i agree with you on our fate, basically we are a championship squad (with a small handful of quality players),i`ll remain hopeful, if we weren`t hopeful it would be pointless going!

SWANSEA CITY HAVE BEEN DEALT A DOUBLE INJURY BLOW WITH LEROY FER AND WILFRIED BONY BOTH RULED OUT FOR THE REST OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON.

Fer was stretchered off in the first half of the Swans’ 1-1 draw at Leicester City on Saturday after going down unchallenged.

A scan confirmed the Dutch midfielder had ruptured his Achilles and he is now expected to undergo surgery.

The same fate also awaits Bony after a scan revealed the striker had torn his anterior cruciate ligament.

The Ivory Coast international suffered the knee injury when he landed awkwardly just moments after coming on as a second-half substitute at the King Power Stadium.

Despite battling on to help secure the Swans a precious point in their survival fight, Bony left the stadium in a knee brace.

Both players will be assessed further in the week and an update will follow.

Everyone at the Swans wishes both players speedy recoveries.

We don’t have the biggest squad, are carrying a couple of passengers anyway, and did little business in the transfer window. There will be limited scope for many changes to the team now. Hope we don’t pick up too many more injuries.

Looking at the squad and the 5-3-2 formation that Carvahal seems to prefer, I guess our options are:

Defence: Naughton, Olsson, Mawson, Fernandez, Van der Hoorn;

Back-up: Bartley (just back after long term injury), Rangel (hardly played and legs have gone), Roberts (youngster just made debut).

Midfield: 3 from: Ki, Carroll, Clucas, Sanchez, Britten, King.

Forward/Wide: Dyer, Narsingh, Routledge, Ayew, Ayew, Abraham.

Edited by davidge

Sanches out for a month with a hamstring injury. Been injured a lot, and useless when not.

Britten & Rangel injured at the moment as well.

Rangel’s injury looks long term.

Britton hoping to resume training soon.

Going to the Liberty this afternoon. My first visit since the beginning of November.

Heavy rain. Gale force winds. Burnley as the opposition.

Hope we get 3 points but likely to be a tough game.

Good win for the swans today. Hate those feckin 6 fingered dingles. 

Another important 3 points. Hard won.

First time I’ve seen the new formation live. Basically a 5-4-1, occasionally becoming a 5-3-2, with full backs pushing forward. Fair play to Carvahal though, he made very positive substitutions in the second half and we ended up with 3 strikers. Overall, just about deserved the 3 points on the second half performance. Still not creating enough chances.

We’ve given ourselves a chance now. Still very tight though. Anyone in the bottom half could easily go down.

I still think the next 4 league games will go a long way to deciding our fate. 

Edited by davidge

On 2/10/2018 at 23:25, davidge said:

Another important 3 points. Hard won.

First time I’ve seen the new formation live. Basically a 5-4-1, occasionally becoming a 5-3-2, with full backs pushing forward. Fair play to Carvahal though, he made very positive substitutions in the second half and we ended up with 3 strikers. Overall, just about deserved the 3 points on the second half performance. Still not creating enough chances.

We’ve given ourselves a chance now. Still very tight though. Anyone in the bottom half could easily go down.

I still think the next 4 league games will go a long way to deciding our fate. 

One of those against ourselves, our next three (in the league) are West Brom away,Tottenham away (already written that one off) and yourselves!

I cant quite believe how Carvalhal has turned things around, i suspect most Swansea fans cant either, hes doing a fine job and put  a great run together, there will be a dip, its all about how you react afterwards, they are looking good to avoid the drop though!

• 3 weeks later...

In my seat awaiting kick off. It’s warmed up compared to rest of week. Temperature about 3 degrees.

Pretty much essential that we win today I think. Next home league game isn’t for 6 weeks.

Cracking result today certainly wasn’t expecting that score line 

massive win

On wards and upwards hopefully  

Yes, big win today. Confident performance - though West Ham were dreadful.

Now to do the same next week at Huddersfield :-)